• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

My opinion on kneeling comes down to this one thing.

Arkady

President
Let's review (without your dementia crowding the field).

You claimed:

So, if kneeling for the national anthem is "the essence of patriotism", your admission that:

means you wouldn't engage in "the essence of patriotism" out of your own cowardice.

As I said, by your own admission, you're both a coward and unpatriotic. You wear it well.
You misunderstood. Try rereading. Pretend you're back taking the SATs, and a question in the reading comprehension section asks what I was referring to as the "essence of patriotism":

(a) taking a knee, or
(b) doing what you think is right for the nation, even when you know it will probably cost you.

Which of the two was it? Don't just go with your first instinct here -- it's important to understand that you're not very bright, so your first guess is probably going to be wrong. That's a little trick we taught at the Princeton Review. We called it the "Joe Bloggs answer" -- the wrong answer designed to be chosen by people of mediocre intellect. Think harder.

You misunderstood. Try rereading. Pretend you're back taking the SATs, and a question in the reading comprehension section asks what I was referring to as the "essence of patriotism":

(a) taking a knee, or
(b) doing what you think is right for the nation, even when you know it will probably cost you.

Which of the two was it? Don't just go with your first instinct here -- it's important to understand that you're not very bright, so your first guess is probably going to be wrong. That's a little trick we taught at the Princeton Review. We called it the "Joe Bloggs answer" -- the wrong answer designed to be chosen by people of mediocre intellect. Think harder.
I understand you're a complete *edited*. No need to reiterate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkady

President
I understand you're a complete *edited*. No need to reiterate.
Spotted your error, didn't you? Feeling pretty dumb now, aren't you?

Here's some advice -- why not actually enroll in a Princeton Review course? You might feel a little out of place among much younger (and, for that matter, much smarter) students, but they'll teach you some reading comprehension concepts that will help you avoid disgracing yourself this way quite so often. It's not terribly expensive, and it's a small price to pay for starting to rebuild your self esteem.

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy
I will side with those kneeling because conservatives are doing the same thing they did before and during the invasion and occupation of Iraq. When people protested that war they said it was because protesters hated America and the troops. Hiding behind false interpretation of patriotism and war dead has been the right's go to defense time and time again when ever they want to shut down discussion.

It is especially disgusting to see them do it when they are lead by a man who mocked the military service in the war he dodged, by joking that not getting a venereal disease during his deborturous days chasing sexual encounters in New York's nighttime hot spots was his Vietnam.

An individual who compared this nation's troops to the thugs Putin uses to dispatch his political opponents. One who decides if Americans are fit to serve in the military based upon personal prejudices and calculated political divisions. One who told a grieving family of a man under his command, "He knew what he signed up for. but I guess it still hurt". One who is caught time and time again publicly promising to donate to soldiers and then only doing so after having to be forced by public pressure to keep his commitment.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/frederica-wilson-widow-fallen-soldier/index.html
So no. No to allowing the right to use American soldiers as human shields. Morally it's no better than Saddam using American soldiers that way in the first Gulf war.
Whether SB is behind ya?

SB

Spotted your error, didn't you? Feeling pretty dumb now, aren't you?

Here's some advice -- why not actually enroll in a Princeton Review course? You might feel a little out of place among much younger (and, for that matter, much smarter) students, but they'll teach you some reading comprehension concepts that will help you avoid disgracing yourself this way quite so often. It's not terribly expensive, and it's a small price to pay for starting to rebuild your self esteem.
As I said, I'm impressed at your willingness to admit to your own cowardice and lack of patriotism. I didn't think you had it in you, especially given your ambitions. Genocidal narcissists aren't usually the most introspective sort.

Clinton's polling numbers went up in the wake of the deplorables comment. It pissed off the halfwits and the sub-human scum who were embarrassed to realize that people recognized how deplorable they were, but they already supported Trump, so it made no difference what they thought.

Question: What's the square root of negative one?

Answer: A Trump voter who isn't sub-human scum.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
It's all based on bullshit.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/nfl-and-the-false-premise-of-racism

http://walterewilliams.com/blacks-vs.-police/

According to The Washington Post, 737 people have been shot and killed by police this year in the United States. Of that number, there were 329 whites, 165 blacks, 112 Hispanics, 24 members of other races and 107 people whose race was unknown (http://tinyurl.com/zyz2tpq). In Illinois, home to one of our most dangerous cities — Chicago — 18 people have been shot and killed by police this year. In the city itself, police have shot and killed 10 people and shot and wounded 10 others. Somebody should ask the kneeling black NFL players why they are protesting this kind of killing in the Windy City and ignoring other sources of black death.

Here are the Chicago numbers for the ignored deaths. So far in 2017, there have been 533 murders and 2,880 shootings. On average, a person is shot every two hours and 17 minutes and murdered every 12 1/2 hours (http://tinyurl.com/o36cqfc). In 2016, when Colin Kaepernick started taking a knee, Chicago witnessed 806 murders and 4,379 shootings. It turns out that most of the murder victims are black. Adding to the tragedy is the fact that Chicago has a 12.7 percent murder clearance rate. That means that when a black person is murdered, his perpetrator is found and charged with his murder less than 13 percent of the time.

Similar statistics regarding police killing blacks versus blacks killing blacks apply to many of our predominantly black urban centers, such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Orleans, St. Louis and Oakland. Many Americans, including me, see the black NFL player protest of police brutality as pathetic, useless showboating. Seeing as these players have made no open protest against the thousands of blacks being murdered and maimed by blacks, they must view it as trivial in comparison with the police killings. Most of the police killings fit into the category of justified homicide.

Spamature

President
My opinion on kneeling also comes down to one thing...

And like so many others, it's THE TRUTH.

America is NOT on the side of phonies claiming brutality and prejudice is America's way and won't kiss the ring of people who protest America's values. Those making millions are afforded no more credibility for wrongful political stands or opinions.
Maybe they're kneeling because the believe that if America was on their side they wouldn't have to demonstrate.

Dino

Russian Asset
Maybe they're kneeling because the believe that if America was on their side they wouldn't have to demonstrate.
That's literally the dumbest angle anyone has offered so far.

They're kneeling in protest of (literally) our use of force and our system of law and order.
How can they expect any support at all for that?

Spamature

President
as I recall, flag burning during the Vietnam era was quite controversial. the supreme court eventually approved it as "free speech".

but nobody was burning flags at football or baseball games.

I challenge the colin kapernicks of the world to take it to the next level, and burn a flag during the national anthem.
What ? Sure those Vietnam protestors could burn flags all day on the streets for nothing.

Those NFL tickets aren't free and Kaepernick is no longer employed.

Plus he might get a bit peckish. Toss in those concession prices a we're talking about a pretty penny.

He'd probably have to make a spot on the team just to afford the protest.

Spamature

President
That's literally the dumbest angle anyone has offered so far.

They're kneeling in protest of (literally) our use of force and our system of law and order.
How can they expect any support at all for that?
You might take into consideration that some people are treated worse by that system than others. When these guys step off that playing field they are just another part of the population. The part of the population that is upset about that treatment.

Dino

Russian Asset
You might take into consideration that some people are treated worse by that system than others. When these guys step off that playing field they are just another part of the population. The part of the population that is upset about that treatment.
When you hold a tainted opinion a slim minority of Americans hold, the opinion is barely worth my consideration. I consider the truth, the facts, and meaningful statistics that prove this political opposition wrong.
The demonstrations, even if based on a factual problem, would still be misdirected involving their opposition of the flag and this country. That's why this opposition can't be supported by rational people.

Spamature

President
When you hold a tainted opinion a slim minority of Americans hold, the opinion is barely worth my consideration. I consider the truth, the facts, and meaningful statistics that prove this political opposition wrong.
The demonstrations, even if based on a factual problem, would still be misdirected involving their opposition of the flag and this country. That's why this opposition can't be supported by rational people.
Well young black males are a slim minority of the population. But they are a great big chunk of the players in the NFL. They aren't considering stats. They are considering their lives and and experiences and those of friends and family who are just like them.

See there you go hiding behind the flag and the troops to shut them down. Which was my exact point in the top post.

Dino

Russian Asset
Well young black males are a slim minority of the population. But they are a great big chunk of the players in the NFL. They aren't considering stats. They are considering their lives and and experiences and those of friends and family who are just like them.

See there you go hiding behind the flag and the troops to shut them down. Which was my exact point in the top post.
Well that's what Kaepernick said he was directing the protest at, and then people very rightfully opposed him on it.

Colorforms

Senator
You mean like those who accuse the kneelers of doing it because they hate the military?
No, I mean like liberals who support spitting on the national anthem and the country without even knowing what the issue is that they are kneeling about.

Dino

Russian Asset
You have that quote ?
Oh yeah.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick said. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

http://www.businessinsider.com/colin-kaepernick-protests-national-anthem-2016-8

That is despicable and unsupportable.