• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

My sense of irritation is no longer mollified by posting here

As a matter of fact it is aggravated. I'm going to have to find some other outlet. Maybe my New Year's resolutions are going to have to fill that gap.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
As a matter of fact it is aggravated. I'm going to have to find some other outlet. Maybe my New Year's resolutions are going to have to fill that gap.
I'm feeling something similar, but don't know why. I'd guessed it was just me but maybe not. Have you any thoughts about why it seems less interesting or fun and more irritating than it used to?

Caroljo

Senator
We come here and argue year after year with the same hard headed people, and it really is getting boring. The leftists are so out of control over Trump, it's is very stressful to come here and read their BS every day....same thing, every day. Plus I don't like that it's left up to each Mod to handle reports however they feel fit. So reports aren't all handled the same way, which makes it unfair for everyone. And the fact that some will laugh behind your back when you report a post. Ya, I'm getting really tired of it....this used to be my favorite place. I'm hanging out more at another board that isn't being monitored so heavy handed and unfair.

Jen

Senator
We come here and argue year after year with the same hard headed people, and it really is getting boring. The leftists are so out of control over Trump, it's is very stressful to come here and read their BS every day....same thing, every day. Plus I don't like that it's left up to each Mod to handle reports however they feel fit. So reports aren't all handled the same way, which makes it unfair for everyone. And the fact that some will laugh behind your back when you report a post. Ya, I'm getting really tired of it....this used to be my favorite place. I'm hanging out more at another board that isn't being monitored so heavy handed and unfair.
I come here purely to state my opinion, post facts I feel are important, and discuss said opinions and facts with others who are cogent enough to do that.

If I come to the board and the "new posts" are from mostly Leftists who lie and twist facts to support their narrative, I just leave. I have no desire to post to them.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
The leftists are so out of control over Trump, it's is very stressful to come here and read their BS every day....same thing, every day.
That's probably a big part of it. Honest debate about policy disagreements seems rare; mindless attacks dominate and most of them are truly lunatic (this from someone who's never been a Trump supporter). Other stuff is here; it's just overwhelmed. I broke my own rule and for the first time put someone on ignore. The relentless, manic, deranged attacks on Trump in thread after thread were just too much, and trying to address it kindly only got me temp-banned (another first). Hard-core Democrats have gone nuts whenever a Republican was POTUS for as long as I remember but, with Trump, it seems like a whole new level of crazy.
Thing is, as far as I can tell it's only a few posters who've gone totally off the deep end. The ivory tower liar is still lying as before, the "f*ck you just die" poster hasn't changed, the stoners are posting as they always have, etc. So I don't know what's really changed. Maybe we need some new blood.

Plus I don't like that it's left up to each Mod to handle reports however they feel fit. So reports aren't all handled the same way, which makes it unfair for everyone.
Mods are volunteers, aren't they? We have to go easy on them; they're doing their best. Yes, the rules should be applied uniformly, but I'm sure everyone is trying to do the right thing.
What I like about PJ is that we can speak very freely compared to some other places. My views aren't mainstream and I've felt very constrained elsewhere. We could all just use forums where everyone generally agrees with our overall political stances but then there's no interaction with opposing views and no real debate.

If I come to the board and the "new posts" are from mostly Leftists who lie and twist facts to support their narrative, I just leave. I have no desire to post to them.
ETR & I disagree about a lot, but not long ago we had an exchange of views in a thread that was mutually respectful from start to finish. We disagreed on the topic and still do, and that's fine. It was stimulating and exactly the kind of thing a place like this all about. I want to post with people who disagree with me.
The lying and twisting of facts is the problem, but maybe that's less the poster being dishonest than them getting their "facts" from places that aren't so factual (okay, with a couple of exceptions who knowingly manipulate the truth). Am I trying to be too kind? I see it a lot -- many people believe lies they've been fed.

Jen

Senator
That's probably a big part of it. Honest debate about policy disagreements seems rare; mindless attacks dominate and most of them are truly lunatic (this from someone who's never been a Trump supporter). Other stuff is here; it's just overwhelmed. I broke my own rule and for the first time put someone on ignore. The relentless, manic, deranged attacks on Trump in thread after thread were just too much, and trying to address it kindly only got me temp-banned (another first). Hard-core Democrats have gone nuts whenever a Republican was POTUS for as long as I remember but, with Trump, it seems like a whole new level of crazy.
Thing is, as far as I can tell it's only a few posters who've gone totally off the deep end. The ivory tower liar is still lying as before, the "f*ck you just die" poster hasn't changed, the stoners are posting as they always have, etc. So I don't know what's really changed. Maybe we need some new blood.

Mods are volunteers, aren't they? We have to go easy on them; they're doing their best. Yes, the rules should be applied uniformly, but I'm sure everyone is trying to do the right thing.
What I like about PJ is that we can speak very freely compared to some other places. My views aren't mainstream and I've felt very constrained elsewhere. We could all just use forums where everyone generally agrees with our overall political stances but then there's no interaction with opposing views and no real debate.

ETR & I disagree about a lot, but not long ago we had an exchange of views in a thread that was mutually respectful from start to finish. We disagreed on the topic and still do, and that's fine. It was stimulating and exactly the kind of thing a place like this all about. I want to post with people who disagree with me.
The lying and twisting of facts is the problem, but maybe that's less the poster being dishonest than them getting their "facts" from places that aren't so factual (okay, with a couple of exceptions who knowingly manipulate the truth). Am I trying to be too kind? I see it a lot -- many people believe lies they've been fed.
This board is moderated a lot better than several others I have been on (and don't go to anymore). I complain about specific things, but generally it's okay. And I don't get banned for simply disagreeing with the owner or mods and I appreciate that.

But it has been a very long time since I have had an actual exchange of views with a Leftists without my words getting twisted and the goalpost being moved by them. The Leftist posters who were able to tolerate someone who disagrees with them are long gone.

I have lost my patience with the ones that are here and consider them no more than trolls. I'm glad that you had an actual discussion with ETR. But I've lost hope that there is a sane person in that group.