• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

My simple Social Security "fix":

I read the report. The main message in it was that revenues were not keeping up with estimates of costs at current reimbursement rates. The numbers used economic forecasts which attempted to predict GNP and payroll costs into the year 2075. A valiant effort with a simple message, raise rates, lower costs or grow incomes. Or we could do all three at the same time. The report was a warning about changing the current system. The first thing one must always do when anyone forecasts the economy that far out is ignore anything past the next 5 years. In fact, ignore anything they say past the next 6 months insofar as the economy is concerned. None of them are ever right so why even bother? The next thing is to reaffirm the goal of both medicare and SS and establish those goals as inviolate, beyond partisanship. If we do this, we can solve any problem because it will force one to make a choice, guns, war and low taxes or aged underclass starving and dying in the streets or on coaches.

trapdoor

Governor
The rights we have are the ones we all chose to protect via our system of laws. We can make anything a right if we want to...
Then there's no point in having a Constitution. But since receiving a check from the government is (now) a basic right, why can't I exercise it right now?

EatTheRich

President
Then there's no point in having a Constitution. But since receiving a check from the government is (now) a basic right, why can't I exercise it right now?
Because our labor movement isn't strong enough to enforce that right, and along with it the concomitant responsibility of able-bodied adults to work.