• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

My ungrand exit

Mr. Friscus

Governor
For good or for bad, for rich or for poor, for.. well, I'll be relocating my efforts to debate political, social, and religious views to another forum.

If I had to explain a reason why, I'd say the main one would be a lack of keeping standards of civility and depth of posting.

But hey, things will go on fine and dandy without me. After a week, you'll probably forget I was even around. It's been mostly interesting and mildly educational debating here.

In case you EVER wondered what I looked like, here ya go:

Best of luck to all of you in the future.

"Mr. Friscus".. aka Adam

Caroljo

Senator
I'm going to miss your posts! Hate to lose you, but I can't say I don't understand why. It's hard to have an intelligent conversation here at times....very hard! I hope you'll come back to visit sometimes! I have a couple other boards I go to, but they're so big it's hard to really get the feeling of fitting in.....most have their "cliques" and they don't always give the "new guy" a chance. Guess that's just how people are today. So good luck!!!!

fairsheet

Senator
For good or for bad, for rich or for poor, for.. well, I'll be relocating my efforts to debate political, social, and religious views to another forum.

If I had to explain a reason why, I'd say the main one would be a lack of keeping standards of civility and depth of posting.

But hey, things will go on fine and dandy without me. After a week, you'll probably forget I was even around. It's been mostly interesting and mildly educational debating here.

"Mr. Friscus".. aka Adam

I'm sure I speak for all when I say you're welcome back any time.

Jen

Senator

"Mr. Friscus".. aka Adam
No board is perfect.
I stay here despite the immense frustration I find.
Once in a great while I am able to converse briefly with the other side before they go into their personal insult mode.
The real reason I stay is that there are some really good conservative posters here.
If you have found a perfect board..........pm and tell me what it is.
Best to you........you'll be missed............and if you change your mind you are always welcome by those here that you call "friend".

Jen

fairsheet

Senator
Whatever we may think of any of this forum's "dynamics", the grapevine suggests that they're common to most all forums of this type. In other words, the grass is no greener......

Caroljo

Senator
Whatever we may think of any of this forum's "dynamics", the grapevine suggests that they're common to most all forums of this type. In other words, the grass is no greener......
So true....someone once said you'll never find the perfect board. What would be perfect? No matter where I go checking on other boards, you will ALWAYS have someone there (or several someone's) that you will always fight with. How boring would it be to be on a board where everyone agreed? :)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

"Mr. Friscus".. aka Adam
Take a break and come back when the POTUS nominee races have started. It's gonna be good.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member

"Mr. Friscus".. aka Adam
I am glad you are back, and I thank you for your service to our forum.

"Mr. Friscus".. aka Adam
Staff members can't quit. "Blood in, blood out."

Jen

Senator
I made this awhile back, well before I was a staff member.

Yes, I realize that if I left now, I'd be a hunted man ;)
There's at least one staff member who hasn't shown up in years. Check out the staff members and I think you'll know who it is. What's with that?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
You deserve many daps for taking the management position you have, with the intentions of improving the site.
Eh, I'm not doing a great job.

I stirred up the hornets nets on both "sides" of the political spectrum when I was very active in taking out the trash: Insults, no content posts, etc.

I didn't care about the people complaining, but the other mods certainly heard about it. I didn't want to be the cause of them getting tons of crap.

I may start up the stricter policy again here soon... however, with the full disclosure that it's me, and only me, who should be questioned about the rationale of the single post at hand.

If people want to go over my head and talk to SW about getting rid of me overall, I've always said "go right ahead!"... I just don't want other mods putting up with the day-to-day crap that will rise to the top once the fun begins.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

I stirred up the hornets nets on both "sides" of the political spectrum when I was very active in taking out the trash: Insults, no content posts, etc.

I didn't care about the people complaining, but the other mods certainly heard about it. I didn't want to be the cause of them getting tons of crap.

I may start up the stricter policy again here soon... however, with the full disclosure that it's me, and only me, who should be questioned about the rationale of the single post at hand.

If people want to go over my head and talk to SW about getting rid of me overall, I've always said "go right ahead!"... I just don't want other mods putting up with the day-to-day crap that will rise to the top once the fun begins.
fun is fun. carry on.

fairsheet

Senator

You must've done something right, to take shit from both "sides".

Be careful. People put time and effort into a post and it simply disappearing into the void will diminish all input.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Be careful. People put time and effort into a post and it simply disappearing into the void will diminish all input.
I can't say I've ever really been up for deleting posts that show an effort, or even have the slightest bit of content.

Simple, one-to-two line snarky, insulting, personal attacks are what I like to chop.

MaryAnne

Governor
That is so true. Sooner or later they end off the track,then bounce back:)