• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Myth Of US Decline

MaryAnne

Governor
Too bad that some of us are incapable of celebrating good news, eh?
Yeah, Nightswimmer! Notice how quick this good news zipped right off the page:eek:) Too much fun to keep spreading lies about how the US is never gonna rise again!

Of course, ignore all the good news and whine about the perceived bad. After that is proven wrong move on to the next whine.

worldlymrb

Revenge
The Future sure does look bright doesn't it?

Barring any more S&P downgrades or the U.N ordering Obama into another war, what could wrong?

MaryAnne

Governor
The Future sure does look bright doesn't it?

Barring any more S&P downgrades or the U.N ordering Obama into another war, what could wrong?
You do know who caused that down grade? Silly Tea baggers who held Boehner hostage.And as for S&P,They have no business downgrading anyone after their preformance the last 10 years.The Other 2 did not down grade. S&P have their you know whats in a vace because they failed to do their job

Boltlady

Mayor
is all wrong.Over 4 million new jobs and the country is coming back strong!

This, along with ending 2 wars! Soon,Obama can end that war on Chirstmas!:eek:)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/04/29/myth-of-decline-u-s-is-stronger-and-faster-than-anywhere-else.html
Well gee whiz. There I was thinking that we were having problems. Evidently all of those other people who have been saying that we are have been misinformed.

It's nice to know, but just in case, I plan on remaining cautious.

Well gee whiz. There I was thinking that we were having problems. Evidently all of those other people who have been saying that we are have been misinformed.

It's nice to know, but just in case, I plan on remaining cautious.
Some people would prefer to see the worst in everything. I'm sure there are many who still long for the days of bush and the situation that has caused our problems today.

Boltlady

Mayor
Some people would prefer to see the worst in everything. I'm sure there are many who still long for the days of bush and the situation that has caused our problems today.
Anybody who knows me knows better than to openly long for the days of Bush.:cool:
As for the economy, my business has been steadily losing a number of customers because they're going under. We still get quite a few sales, but they're smaller. It is what it is.

fairsheet

Senator
The "fundamentals" suggest that America (our country) is well positioned for the century to come. The Democrat/Obamans have been sorta sittin' on this good news, saving it for the right campaign time. The RNC has been aware of it as well, but they've been hamstrung by their inability to SCREECH!!! Obama-hate in counter (to the best interests of our country).

The Ron-Paulites?....well, they've always been with us and always will. We should give them a nice pat on the head.

MaryAnne

Governor
The "fundamentals" suggest that America (our country) is well positioned for the century to come. The Democrat/Obamans have been sorta sittin' on this good news, saving it for the right campaign time. The RNC has been aware of it as well, but they've been hamstrung by their inability to SCREECH!!! Obama-hate in counter (to the best interests of our country).

The Ron-Paulites?....well, they've always been with us and always will. We should give them a nice pat on the head.
Thanks for all the half cup full answers:eek:)

We all know this mess was not made in a few years. It has been building for 40 years. Most of us who really observe what is happening to the middle class while being told,more or less to sit down and shut up by the PTB and those who were not hurting yet.

The difference now is that all are aware of what took place with the shrinking middle class and are foing something about it,not just mouthing the words. If anyone listens closely they can see that those who are wealthy enough to do something are doing just that.

People like Terry CmAulliffe,who most only remember bringing the Dems out of debt and building them a new empire went to China,bought two companies and set them up here in the US. Terry is just one of many. Others are working to provide jobs for the ex military.This is happening all over in the private sector.Story after story about Vocational Schools and how they are being revitalized all over,because manufacturing is needed and this our workers are the best if given a chance.They have been beaten down for far too long.

The media plays up all the bad, none of the good. But when Newsweek,Time and all the rest begin to se the light,others will be forced to.

Funny thing in Newsweek.Rich Lowry wrote an artcle about how Obama had no record to run on. On the next page was the story about Obama giving the order to kill Bin Laden. Made Rich look like a fool,and I think the Editors planned it that way. Readers sure did!:eek:)

Thanks for all the half cup full answers:eek:)

We all know this mess was not made in a few years. It has been building for 40 years. Most of us who really observe what is happening to the middle class while being told,more or less to sit down and shut up by the PTB and those who were not hurting yet.

The difference now is that all are aware of what took place with the shrinking middle class and are foing something about it,not just mouthing the words. If anyone listens closely they can see that those who are wealthy enough to do something are doing just that.

People like Terry CmAulliffe,who most only remember bringing the Dems out of debt and building them a new empire went to China,bought two companies and set them up here in the US. Terry is just one of many. Others are working to provide jobs for the ex military.This is happening all over in the private sector.Story after story about Vocational Schools and how they are being revitalized all over,because manufacturing is needed and this our workers are the best if given a chance.They have been beaten down for far too long.

The media plays up all the bad, none of the good. But when Newsweek,Time and all the rest begin to se the light,others will be forced to.

Funny thing in Newsweek.Rich Lowry wrote an artcle about how Obama had no record to run on. On the next page was the story about Obama giving the order to kill Bin Laden. Made Rich look like a fool,and I think the Editors planned it that way. Readers sure did!:eek:)
MA, do you honestly think the Paul or Romney supporters would expect them to clean up the Republican messes in just under 3 years? I know they wouldn't but that doesn't stand in their way of blaming President Obama from not doing it.

It appears that damned Liberal media is always tearing down the President nowadays and fully supporting the Cons...hum?

Boltlady

Mayor
MA, do you honestly think the Paul or Romney supporters would expect them to clean up the Republican messes in just under 3 years? I know they wouldn't but that doesn't stand in their way of blaming President Obama from not doing it.

It appears that damned Liberal media is always tearing down the President nowadays and fully supporting the Cons...hum?
Sandy, it would be a good idea to not try and put Romney and Paul in the same box. They might both be republicans but they're not the same kind of republicans.

While I know that it wasn't me that you asked, I can say that yes, the Paul supporters would expect the majority of the messes to be cleaned up within 3 years. He's repeated over and over exactly how he would do it while Romney just says that people should trust that he could do it. There's a mighty big difference there.

fairsheet

Senator
Li'l secret...Pres. Obama and the Democrats had the political capital and resources to engender considerably better near term "numbers" than they did. The problem with that, is that those numbers would've been relatively short lived. Instead, they took a more patient approach - building a foundation for our future.

The Fox/GOP was counting on them doing the former. But since they've done the latter, the Fox/GOP is screwed and they know it. Their window for shouting Obama-hate is closing fast.

Sandy, it would be a good idea to not try and put Romney and Paul in the same box. They might both be republicans but they're not the same kind of republicans.

While I know that it wasn't me that you asked, I can say that yes, the Paul supporters would expect the majority of the messes to be cleaned up within 3 years. He's repeated over and over exactly how he would do it while Romney just says that people should trust that he could do it. There's a mighty big difference there.
Surely, BL you must know saying it and doing it are two totally different things. Ron Paul has a dismal record in Texas and there is nothing to make me believe that would change if he became President. The bills he does put up cannot even get sponsors because quite frankly many of them are laughable. He's gotten one bill passed and that was dealing with the sale of a courthouse.

It took bush eight years to get us in this situation and so I'm more than willing to give President Obama that much time to get us out...it seems only fair.

Boltlady

Mayor
Well Sandy, you're in Texas and I'm not so I defer to your opinion there. At the same time I do recognize that you've probably been a dem all along and RP hasn't so I can see where you might not think much of him.

It took Bush eight years to dig a very big hole, but then he handed Obama the shovel and he proceeded to dig it a lot bigger and deeper. At this point it would take a bulldozer (paradigm shift) to fill it back up and I believe that is what we would have with what RP wants to do.

Boltlady

Mayor
anyone can say how they would do it. whether it would work is an entirely different matter
The point is that nobody else does say how they would do it.

As for whether it would work or not, it's pretty obvious that if we stopped spending vast amounts of money that we don't have and shouldn't be spending, we would be a lot stronger. Living on a credit card is not the way to go even if it does let you "fly now, pay later". The day comes when those bills have to be paid or you lose everything. We're uncomfortably close to that now.