• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

N/A

She will graduate High School next month and enter Harvard in the fall of 2017. Harvard encourages new students to take a 'gap' year before starting classes there.

Malia wants to be a filmmaker. She has interned on the set of HBO's "Girls" and on a now-canceled network TV sci-fi drama that starred Halle Berry. Malia has also had internships at the Smithsonian's National Zoo in Washington.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/05/malia_obama_accepted_at_harvar.html
Nice young lady shouldn't be on PJ political news unless she's being used to bait a despicable comment.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
....She will graduate High School next month and enter Harvard in the fall of 2017. Harvard encourages new students to take a 'gap' year before starting classes there.

Malia wants to be a filmmaker. She has interned on the set of HBO's "Girls" and on a now-canceled network TV sci-fi drama that starred Halle Berry. Malia has also had internships at the Smithsonian's National Zoo in Washington.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/05/malia_obama_accepted_at_harvar.html
Good for her, but I'm curious why she wants to go to HLS if she wants to be a filmmaker. Aren't USC and NYU the top film schools?

She will graduate High School next month and enter Harvard in the fall of 2017. Harvard encourages new students to take a 'gap' year before starting classes there.

thanks goodness she doesn't want to be

• a politician
  • a Clinton foundation executive
  • a $500,000 a year network news intern

Caroljo

Senator
Her parents were both graduates of Harvard. Why do you think that it's so strange? They no doubt have a fine school for filming, and she will be close to her family. Lots of people go to the college their parent's attended.
I thought it was strange because I didn't know that Harvard had classes in Filming. I thought it was mainly a law school. I see now they do. I hope she does well.

reason10

Governor

She'd never get accepted at a real college, like Wharton.

I expected to see a long screed from one of our resident posters about the children of wealthy and powerful elites taking up space at ivy league universities, while more "needful" students, without those means, get rejected.

Just kidding, I didn't expect to see that all...LOL

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I agree.....that is kind of strange!
Agreed. The best guess I can make is she wants to be a filmmaker but mommy and daddy said "You should get a real job and be a lawyer". :)

Let's see what happens in a couple years.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I expected to see a long screed from one of our resident posters about the children of wealthy and powerful elites taking up space at ivy league universities, while more "needful" students, without those means, get rejected.

Just kidding, I didn't expect to see that all...LOL
LOL. Exactly! Where are all the anti-1%ers?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
She toured colleges all over...maybe she wants to stay close to her family. And her family plans to stay in DC until her younger sister graduates from high school and I think she's a Freshman this year. And her parent's both graduating from Harvard could have something to do with it. Who knows?
NYU is close and has a top-notch film school. I do agree "her family" is pushing HLS.

EDIT: my mistake. I thought she was enrolling in HLS, but it appears she's just going to Harvard in general.

Last edited:

reason10

Governor
How do you know that? You have no idea what her GPA is. I'm certainly glad, though, that she didn't apply to the TRUMP COLLEGE. Oh, never mind...it was a rip-off and he's getting his sorry ass sued by those who he ripped off.
Apparently, Harvard will let ANY idiot it. After all, her moron father got in.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

Outstanding!

Caroljo

Senator
She'd never get accepted at a real college, like Wharton.
It is kind of odd that you can't find what her GPA is. I've searched for it, and the only thing that comes up is that it's unknown. But then I doubt it really matters, she would have been accepted anyway.