• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

N/A

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I thought it was strange because I didn't know that Harvard had classes in Filming. I thought it was mainly a law school. I see now they do. I hope she does well.
Law Schools are post-graduate.

Harvard University offers many undergraduate degrees.

It is kind of odd that you can't find what her GPA is. I've searched for it, and the only thing that comes up is that it's unknown. But then I doubt it really matters, she would have been accepted anyway.
It isn't odd in the slightest. None of this is odd or strange.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Are you trying to start something? As you know....this thread isn't about Bush. I said I didn't know they taught filming there. Period.
They probably have film classes in their arts department, but they aren't on the list of top 25 US film schools**. That said, the first two years are primarily core classes anyway. She could get an Associates in Film Arts and then transfer to a top film school if that's what she wants to do. As a progeny of a One Percenter, I'm sure she could go wherever she likes. ;)

** http://ceoworld.biz/2015/08/07/the-top-10-film-schools-in-america-for-2015
Below is the complete list of the “Top 25 Film Schools in the United States”

1. University of Southern California
2. New York University
3. American Film Institute
4. University of California, Los Angeles
5. California Institute of the Arts
6. Columbia University
7. Chapman University
8. Loyola Marymount University
9. Wesleyan University
10. Emerson College
11. University of Texas, Austin
Tuition: $17,108 (out-of-state undergrad); $12,074 (out-of-state grad)
Notable Alumni: Robert Rodriguez
12. Boston University
Tuition: $47,422 (undergrad); $47,422 (grad)
Notable Alumni: Joe Roth, Howard Stern, Nina Tassler
13. Stanford University
Tuition: $44,169
Notable Alumni: Documentarians Richard Berge, Bonni Cohen, Jon Shenk
14. University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Tuition: $23,401 (out-of-state undergrad)
Notable Alumni: David Gordon Green, Danny McBride
15. Savannah College of Art and Design
Tuition: $34,470 (undergrad); $35,325 (grad)
Notable Alumni: In a World producer Jett Steiger
16. Columbia College Chicago
Tuition: $23,640 (undergrad); $1,113 per credit hour (grad)
Notable Alumni: Selma exec producer Paul Garnes, Janusz Kaminski
17. Ringling College of Art and Design
Tuition: $38,170
Notable Alumni: YouTube makeup superstar Michelle Phan
18. Rhode Island School of Design
Tuition: $45,530
Notable Alumni: Martha Coolidge, Seth MacFarlane, Gus Van Sant
19. San Francisco State University
Tuition: $18,372 (out-of-state undergrad); $19,368 (out-of-state grad)
Notable Alumni: Inside Out producer Jonas Rivera
20. Syracuse University
Tuition: $41,794 (undergrad); $33,312 (grad)
Notable Alumni: Writer Rob Edwards, Pixar president Jim Morris
21. Art Center College of Design, Pasadena
Tuition: $19,365 (undergrad); $20,266 (grad)
Notable Alumni: Cinematographer Larry Fong, director Tarsem Singh
22. Florida State University
Tuition: $22,354 (first year, out-of-state undergrad); $34,432 to $49,982 (first year, out-of-state grad)
Notable Alumni: Maze Runner director Wes Ball, Marvel Studios exec Stephen Broussard
23. Northwestern University
Tuition: $48,624
Notable Alumni: Anna Gunn, Hobbit producer Ken Kamins
24. Colorado Film School
Tuition: $15,000 (out-of-state, undergrad)
Notable Alumni: Director Bradley King (his first feature, Time Lapse, just got picked up by Lionsgate)
25. Ithaca College
Tuition: $40,656
Notable Alumni: Terminator Genisys producer Bill Carraro, Robert Iger

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Question: Why did this thread get moved clear down to the bottom of the page under DEMOCRATS? I realize one of the cons objected to it being posted, but it's current news and she is the daughter of the President. And people wonder why the Mods have to go searching for the old posters because of lack of traffic here.
well, actually, it was just a thought.. no need for old posters , just thought it would be fun, is all. (translation: the mods didnt do a thing, other than ole phil's idea)

meanwhile, it's a pity no one will take you up on a fight, or you them..try as you all might on a thread as innocuous as the school Malia chose.

but, keep trying, i guess..

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's current news. She has been looking at colleges for some time. It's been on the news. She chose a college. I thought it was interesting. But you obviously thought it was worth moving. Next time I'll post a thread calling Conservatives out as being "Maggots" so it will stay on a forum that people actually read. Thanks, Phil. You're always here to judge whatever I post. Without you, I'd be lost.

I didnt move it. I do think it's interesting too.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Question: Why did this thread get moved clear down to the bottom of the page under DEMOCRATS? I realize one of the cons objected to it being posted, but it's current news and she is the daughter of the President. And people wonder why the Mods have to go searching for the old posters because of lack of traffic here.
I did not move it and am not at liberty to discuss another moderator's actions. A private message to the owner/Administrator is the way to make that inquiry.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
What I find "odd" is that this thread was moved to the "DEMOCRAT" forum. LOL Nice way to assure nobody reads it. I guess the daughter of the President choosing her college home isn't current news even though it just was released.
Actually, everyone that has already responded, which is most of those with whom you disagree, are already tagged on this forum unless they opt out.