• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

name a favorite tv show from your youth.

Jen

Senator
What?
That'd date me for sure.................
All the Star Treks were my favorites...........all but the last one ..........

Jen

Senator
I watched star trek.. date is safe.. I said pre twenties..
Whew!
It's still my favorite. Original and Next Generation.
Didn't like the movies starting with that whale one. It was stupid. I did enjoy the whales singing the song of their people though.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Whew!
It's still my favorite. Original and Next Generation.
Didn't like the movies starting with that whale one. It was stupid. I did enjoy the whales singing the song of their people though.
Make it so number one..

Reactions: Jen

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Huge Next Generation Buff here, and continued into Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

I also watched the Original Cast movies quite a bit. Star Trek VI was my favorite.

One of my favorite parts of a Star Trek Next Gen episode:

Q: I have no powers! Q the ordinary!"
Picard: "Q the liar! Q the misanthrope!"
Q: "Q the miserable, Q the desperate. What must I do to convince you people?"
Worf: "Die..."
Q: "Oh very clever Worf... Eat any good books lately?"

Reactions: Jen

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Then Came Bronson, I should add give or take a few years. Sneaky way to try to learn our ages, Phil. ;)

bronsontop.jpg

Last edited:

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Gilligan's Island! :)

Oh....and Beverly Hillbillies!
Excellent.

I thought it a bit strange that it was mostly drama and sci-fi. I was all about the comedies...Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie...

There is something in common about those shows...;)

Caroljo

Senator
Excellent.

I thought it a bit strange that it was mostly drama and sci-fi. I was all about the comedies...Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie...

There is something in common about those shows...;)
Since we got AT&T U-Verse, my husband is addicted to ME-TV. He can watch all these shows whenever he wants...and yes, all you listed we watch still!

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
My hubs still watches some of those old reruns of Green Acres... I used to think I love Lucy was hilarious.
Green Acres was so stupid, it was terrific absurdist comedy. Arnold Ziffel is one of television's greatest characters.

Lucy is dated...but some of her antics can still get laughs.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Green Acres was so stupid, it was terrific absurdist comedy. Arnold Ziffel is one of television's greatest characters.

Lucy is dated...but some of her antics can still get laughs.
I agree, what used to make me laugh, now I just consider most of them ridiculous and corny.