• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

name a favorite tv show from your youth.

:)

My daughter and I used to hide behind the sofa often when watching Dr Who --- Odd to think of the things that frightened us compared to today's run o' the mill blood and gore eh? My God when I was small before we had a TV they had to take us all out of the cinema 'cos I was so afraid of the Lion in a Wizard of Oz --- my cousins never forgave me.

What else did you get from here? It was still a one way street, US to us, when I was young. After children's hour came the News at 6 O'clock and then there would be a light comedy usually if not always American - and later in the evening there would often be a Rawhide type serial or a US crime serial.

We only had one channel until I was about 8, though we didn't have a TV in my house until I was 9 or 10, then we had two channels, for many years we only had the two --- one with adverts and the other, which is still so, with no advertising at all.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
:)

My daughter and I used to hide behind the sofa often when watching Dr Who --- Odd to think of the things that frightened us compared to today's run o' the mill blood and gore eh? My God when I was small before we had a TV they had to take us all out of the cinema 'cos I was so afraid of the Lion in a Wizard of Oz --- my cousins never forgave me.

What else did you get from here? It was still a one way street, US to us, when I was young. After children's hour came the News at 6 O'clock and then there would be a light comedy usually if not always American - and later in the evening there would often be a Rawhide type serial or a US crime serial.

We only had one channel until I was about 8, though we didn't have a TV in my house until I was 9 or 10, then we had two channels, for many years we only had the two --- one with adverts and the other, which is still so, with no advertising at all.
Dr Who was a huge addiction of mine in my youth. huge being an inadequate descriptor..

Upstairs Downstairs, Rumpole of the Bailey... come to mind as good ones from years ago..

Dr Who was a huge addiction of mine in my youth. huge being an inadequate descriptor..

Upstairs Downstairs, Rumpole of the Bailey... come to mind as good ones from years ago..
We all loved Dr Who, crazy, are you getting the new Sherlock's? They have only done a few but they are fun.

Rumpole was great - Upstairs has/is now dated.

Wahbooz

Governor
I don't know if anyone is acquainted with this one, but one show that ran from 1951 to 1970 was the George Pierrot World Adventure Series. I want to say it ran from 4 til 5pm every day, with movies shot all around the world.