• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Need HEEEELP with my daughter's Brit Lit project: Pride & Prejudice

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Lol, thank Jack. I like "pithy" which is why i don't like Brit Lit!
I based my comment on the movie in which Elizabeth was played by Kiera Knightly and Darcy was played by some sissyfide Nancy Boy. I never cared much for Brit Lit either...all stuffed shirts and stiff upper lips.
I like the poetry of Kipling and that's about all I want from the British.

Bo-4

Senator
I based my comment on the movie in which Elizabeth was played by Kiera Knightly and Darcy was played by some sissyfide Nancy Boy. I never cared much for Brit Lit either...all stuffed shirts and stiff upper lips.
I like the poetry of Kipling and that's about all I want from the British.
Kiera Knightly. That took me a minute, but oh yes.. what a magnificent beauty she is!

awww.fansshare.com_celebrity_photos_934_beautiful_keira_knightley_hot_150143464.jpg

I think my reply was to late. Sorry, when ever I see a help TP I think it is a cry for for tecknow help so I didn't read it :)

But all things are best found out by ourselves and Austen is quite well understood so I am sure you all found your answers and had fun doing it :)

She was quite revolutionary in her thinking, strange for us now, when love is all, to think that love was quite a dangerous notion in those days, it could land you in the Poor House or worse.

Cicero

Mayor
Here you go Bo-4: http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/pride

You should bookmark the Sparnotes site and refer to it from now on. Most of what you want is set out for you. They have all the classics analysed and even many of the modern books selected by school districts or teachers mostly to get around such sites as Sparknotes. Just tell your child NOT to admit to the teacher that many of the answers came from their reference material.

Also note that Wikipedia is frequently a good starting point to get a general feel for a classic work and that Wikipedia will probably at least cover the few modern works that Sparknotes hasn't gotten around to dealing with yet.

Bo-4

Senator
Here you go Bo-4: http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/pride

You should bookmark the Sparnotes site and refer to it from now on. Most of what you want is set out for you. They have all the classics analysed and even many of the modern books selected by school districts or teachers mostly to get around such sites as Sparknotes. Just tell your child NOT to admit to the teacher that many of the answers came from their reference material.

Also note that Wikipedia is frequently a good starting point to get a general feel for a classic work and that Wikipedia will probably at least cover the few modern works that Sparknotes hasn't gotten around to dealing with yet.
Got it, thanks man.. we're close!

Bo-4

Senator
I think my reply was to late. Sorry, when ever I see a help TP I think it is a cry for for tecknow help so I didn't read it :)

But all things are best found out by ourselves and Austen is quite well understood so I am sure you all found your answers and had fun doing it :)

She was quite revolutionary in her thinking, strange for us now, when love is all, to think that love was quite a dangerous notion in those days, it could land you in the Poor House or worse.
Hey thanks Queenie.. that's a great link and i have forwarded. She'll be putting the final touches on it today and tomorrow! :)

It wasn't such a difficult question when I reread it. I just hate dissecting Literature yuk poor daughter :( Jane Austen is really interesting in the context of her time. Brave and beautiful.

Tell her to google the name of the book and criticism in the future. I wish her an A ;) xxx