• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Need help from all Slate alumni.

Days

Commentator
So I am the Republican version of this? ->Tempo was a manipulating woman, very needy and high maintenance; she was continually getting offended at someone for some imagined slight, spite, or some other terrible offense against her, and was quick to report same.

I know some here think that of me. I didn't know you were one of them.
No, I'm not Jack, not by a long shot. I was good friends with Tempo and Cat-napping and they were constantly at each other's throat. But I remember them both for their unique poetry and big heartedness. (made that word up) I was only thinking positively, my memories are mostly good ones, they were always kind to me, same goes for white light (you know her as Queenie).

Jack had extra fray relations with Tempo, I did not. I met up with around ten fraysters in person, including doodahman, his wife, SCOTT_TOO and his wife, Run75441, and others, here in Chicago, it adds a whole new dimension when you meet someone in person.

Jen

Senator
No, I'm not Jack, not by a long shot. I was good friends with Tempo and Cat-napping and they were constantly at each other's throat. But I remember them both for their unique poetry and big heartedness. (made that word up) I was only thinking positively, my memories are mostly good ones, they were always kind to me, same goes for white light (you know her as Queenie).

Jack had extra fray relations with Tempo, I did not. I met up with around ten fraysters in person, including doodahman, his wife, SCOTT_TOO and his wife, Run75441, and others, here in Chicago, it adds a whole new dimension when you meet someone in person.
I met two fraysters in person. One was fine sdb111 or something like that. Suz was a nice lady.

I can't remember the moniker of the other one, but my family met him in Omaha on our way from Denver to Minneapolis. Just before we met him - after plans were laid - I found out he thought he was Jesus Christ. He told me about demons he saw flying around his house and he set up little lane mines and alarms all over his house and his neighbor's house until they had to get a restraining order against him. Scared me to death to meet him even with my husband and tall kids there to protect me. Scares me to even think about it.

I vowed never ever to meet another cyber acquaintance in person ever. I even chickened out of meeting with SW when he was in OKC this past fall. I just could not do it.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
learned 09/11 from Polo... amongst others.

first was pointed at the moon landing by keifus... remember him? He was a physicist.
I do remember keifus but I don't remember that he was a physicist.
Polo, Appolonious, yes, he was the resident 9/11 conspiracy guy.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

Jen is nothing like Tempo. And Tempo was not a very good poet, in my opinion.
I too was friends with Catnapping. We spoke on the phone a few times and she helped me with information on Native American stuff for one of my historical books.
The rumors of my relations with Tempo were just that, rumors.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Michael Ryerson was amongst a small huddle of fray posters that went with Betty the Crow immediately after the Fray closed. Catnapping and a few others were there, Betty the Crow set up a small forum from scratch, we all helped shape it, but it never really took off. Michael was a good man, but like you, Jack, very political also... just not the same strand of politics.
Ryerson was a mush-head Liberal and we fought quite often. There were other Liberals with whom I got along just fine; they were not mush-heads.

Days

Commentator
Jen is nothing like Tempo. And Tempo was not a very good poet, in my opinion.
I didn't say "twin" ... I said "alter ego". I think Jen posted in BB, I used to run into her when she came into Fraywatch, usually complaining about the idiots out there in the wild. I always jumped Kevinarno to grant whatever Jen's wishes were, based upon her being a fellow Christian. Kevinarno was clueless about God and life in general, so he needed guidance.
I too was friends with Catnapping. We spoke on the phone a few times and she helped me with information on Native American stuff for one of my historical books.
The rumors of my relations with Tempo were just that, rumors.
wow, did you straighten Catnapping out? cuz she fueled those rumors. Remember when we all spent time at Kausville? And I found justoffal at Dd's site? crazy times.

Days

Commentator
I do remember keifus but I don't remember that he was a physicist.
Polo, Appolonious, yes, he was the resident 9/11 conspiracy guy.
Polo was also a singer in a band and he was all about writing lyrics... which you would take him to task for. It was always fun to watch you two go at it.

Days

Commentator
I met two fraysters in person. One was fine sdb111 or something like that. Suz was a nice lady.

I can't remember the moniker of the other one, but my family met him in Omaha on our way from Denver to Minneapolis. Just before we met him - after plans were laid - I found out he thought he was Jesus Christ. He told me about demons he saw flying around his house and he set up little lane mines and alarms all over his house and his neighbor's house until they had to get a restraining order against him. Scared me to death to meet him even with my husband and tall kids there to protect me. Scares me to even think about it.

I vowed never ever to meet another cyber acquaintance in person ever. I even chickened out of meeting with SW when he was in OKC this past fall. I just could not do it.
I shy away from meeting pen pals, it messes up the online relationship. We are pen pals, we get away with murder, but when you meet the person, you can't get away with murder any more, I would never be as blunt and rude and obnoxious in person as I like to be in these forums... don't want to lose my writer's edge, know what I mean?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Polo was also a singer in a band and he was all about writing lyrics... which you would take him to task for. It was always fun to watch you two go at it.
Yes, he was into rants. He would write 3-mile long rant without a paragraph break. It was kind of a methodical madness.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I didn't say "twin" ... I said "alter ego". I think Jen posted in BB, I used to run into her when she came into Fraywatch, usually complaining about the idiots out there in the wild. I always jumped Kevinarno to grant whatever Jen's wishes were, based upon her being a fellow Christian. Kevinarno was clueless about God and life in general, so he needed guidance.

wow, did you straighten Catnapping out? cuz she fueled those rumors. Remember when we all spent time at Kausville? And I found justoffal at Dd's site? crazy times.
Catnapping and I had a love/hate relationship. She was crazy Liberal and I was Crazy the other way, but poetry spanned the gap. I liked hers and she liked mine. We joined forces to expose Denny, when he plagiarized some one else's work. Every time he wrote a poem or a song, Cat and I were on him like ugly on an ape. Then we'd poke fun at him for trying to explain why it was okay for him to what he did.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Catnapping and I had a love/hate relationship. She was crazy Liberal and I was Crazy the other way, but poetry spanned the gap. I liked hers and she liked mine. We joined forces to expose Denny, when he plagiarized some one else's work. Every time he wrote a poem or a song, Cat and I were on him like ugly on an ape. Then we'd poke fun at him for trying to explain why it was okay for him to what he did.
Good times. :D

Jen

Senator
I shy away from meeting pen pals, it messes up the online relationship. We are pen pals, we get away with murder, but when you meet the person, you can't get away with murder any more, I would never be as blunt and rude and obnoxious in person as I like to be in these forums... don't want to lose my writer's edge, know what I mean?
I know what you mean.
I'm not beautiful, but I'm easy to talk to in person (I've been told) and I am warm and nice...... it would take away a lot of edges here if people met me. Plus, though I have plenty of money, I am prone to dressing like a bag lady. I'm not timid by any stroke of the imagination, but I'm not intimidating unless I choose to be (and I rarely do that).

I am certain it would be the same if I met them.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
From what part of Texas do you come, bd?
I live in the Houston area. All of my dad's side of the family was born and raised in East Texas...Tyler,Jacksonville,Mt. Selman,Bullard,Jefferson,Marshall. My father and his brothers and sister were born and lived most of their childhood on a farm a little over a mile from the Lake Palestine Dam. Most of my paternal kin that have passed away are buried in Cherokee County.

Days

Commentator
you and Catnapping both encouraged me to write poetry. I tried, but I am so clueless, I have no idea how it is done. My son wrote some Haiku for homework and Sandy encouraged him to keep it up, but his life is jam packed with the next assignment. My son is now in his freshman year UIC college of engineering, he's an industrial engineer major. He grew up with the fray in the background, both his parents would post on it. My wife hangs on Facebook these days, she can visit with family all over the country. When my brother-in-law was doing tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, my wife started doing a drawing a day and e-mailed them to him with a verse, she kept that up over the years and still does it, SCOTT_TOO is on her list and is usually the most positive about it - family tends to take you for granted.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I live in the Houston area. All of my dad's side of the family was born and raised in East Texas...Tyler,Jacksonville,Mt. Selman,Bullard,Jefferson,Marshall. My father and his brothers and sister were born and lived most of their childhood on a farm a little over a mile from the Lake Palestine Dam. Most of my paternal kin that have passed away are buried in Cherokee County.
Well, this is not a closely guarded secret but I am from Dallas. I have cousins in San Marcos and Fredericksburg, and all around DFW, and some out in West Texas, I never see..
My paternal grandparents lived in Comanche, Texas and I spent a lot of time there, when I was a kid. My wife is from New Orleans ( I met her, and married her there, and my daughter was born there).

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Ok, so I was reading a post earlier about the Illuminati and PizzaGate and other crazy shit and it put me in mind of a poster back on the old Slate BB, or maybe the Fray, who was always posting conspiracy theories and other sheer lunacy. He was either a complete nut or a masterful troll. Always fun to read though.

Anyone remember who that was?

(It's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't recall!....driving me crazy)
There was a dude who went by "YouvBeenDuped" who always posted about "gangstalking" and that governments have mind-control devices deployed, etc.

It takes all sorts...