• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Neocon Netty's death toll in Gaza tops 400.. Israel? TWO

Bo-4

Senator
Now he's using Apache helicopters to bomb the holy crap out of residential neighborhoods. :(

(Reuters) - At least 62 Palestinians were killed on Sunday in Israeli shelling of a Gaza neighbourhood that left bodies strewn in the streets and thousands fleeing for shelter to a hospital packed with wounded, Palestinian witnesses and officials said.

DEATH TOLL TOPS 400

Gaza's Health Ministry officials said at least 403 Palestinians, many of them civilians, have been killed and about 2,600 wounded in the 13-day offensive, that Israel says it launched to halt mounting cross-border rocket fire by militants. On Israel's side, two civilians have been killed by cross-border fire and five soldiers have died in fighting.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/20/uk-palestinians-israel-idUKKBN0FP00N20140720

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Now he's using Apache helicopters to bomb the holy crap out of residential neighborhoods. :(

(Reuters) - At least 62 Palestinians were killed on Sunday in Israeli shelling of a Gaza neighbourhood that left bodies strewn in the streets and thousands fleeing for shelter to a hospital packed with wounded, Palestinian witnesses and officials said.

DEATH TOLL TOPS 400

Gaza's Health Ministry officials said at least 403 Palestinians, many of them civilians, have been killed and about 2,600 wounded in the 13-day offensive, that Israel says it launched to halt mounting cross-border rocket fire by militants. On Israel's side, two civilians have been killed by cross-border fire and five soldiers have died in fighting.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/20/uk-palestinians-israel-idUKKBN0FP00N20140720
How long after your neighbor starts shooting out your windows do you stand up BO?
Especially if they were there before you?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
How long after your neighbor starts shooting out your windows do you stand up BO?
That depends---does the house really belong to my neighbors and I'm living there illegally? If so, they have a right to try to make me leave. Just giving a theoretical answer to your question.

Bo-4

Senator
Tell Netty the Butcher to concede Gaza immediately. Yep, i'm sick of Hamas but when Iron Dome shoots down 99% of their rockets, they have little excuse.

Oh, and tell Congress to stop their 3.1 billion dollar annual welfare payment to Israel. I'm sick of this crap and nothing will ever EVER change no matter how much money & diplomacy effort we toss down a rat hole.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

DEATH TOLL TOPS 400

It's my hope that when the USA is at war, that we suffer significantly fewer casualties than others as well.
I'm not sure where this impulse for even death tolls, reciprocity among combatants, and "symmetry" derives from, but it's not for me.
The Palestinians need to toss Hamas out on its ear...and when they see terrorists tunneling into Israel from Gaza, they should put a stop to it.

There is no doubt that Netanyahu is a hard-a**. In fact, so are rank and file Israelis. It's a national trait borne of necessity. They are surrounded by those who want them exterminated.

Bo-4

Senator
It's my hope that when the USA is at war, that we suffer significantly fewer casualties than others as well.
I'm not sure where this impulse for even death tolls, reciprocity among combatants, and "symmetry" derives from, but it's not for me.
The Palestinians need to toss Hamas out on its ear...and when they see terrorists tunneling into Israel from Gaza, they should put a stop to it.

There is no doubt that Netanyahu is a hard-a**. In fact, so are rank and file Israelis. It's a national trait borne of necessity. They are surrounded by those who want them exterminated.
Rick, i agree. Muslims and Jews have been at one another's throats for a few thousand years.

But do you see ANYTHING changing as in EVER?

I don't.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Rick, i agree. Muslims and Jews have been at one another's throats for a few thousand years.

But do you see ANYTHING changing as in EVER?

I don't.
Nope. I don't. It's horrible and it's endless. I want nothing to do with it.
:(

Bo-4

Senator
Nope. I don't. It's horrible and it's endless. I want nothing to do with it.
:(
Their population is around 8 million. Why not just absorb them here as a people?

They're very smart folks and we'd get an influx of the scientists, educators, and Hollywood directors ;) that we sorely need.

Am i right?

Yeah i know, it sucks to give up your country, but it might work out better for them AND US in the long run!

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Until Hamas and Gaza changes, nothing will change.

At least Israel is defending it's own citizens, giving warnings to some attacks, and sending food and medical aid to Gaza.

However, the deaths are tragic nonetheless.

Reactions: BRU

Bo-4

Senator
Until Hamas and Gaza changes, nothing will change.

At least Israel is defending it's own citizens, giving warnings to some attacks, and sending food and medical aid to Gaza.

However, the deaths are tragic nonetheless.
Link me to the food and medical aid. Btw, there were NO warnings on their latest Apache massacre.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That depends---does the house really belong to my neighbors and I'm living there illegally? If so, they have a right to try to make me leave. Just giving a theoretical answer to your question.
no house doesn't belong to your neighbors..............

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Tell Netty the Butcher to concede Gaza immediately. Yep, i'm sick of Hamas but when Iron Dome shoots down 99% of their rockets, they have little excuse.

Oh, and tell Congress to stop their 3.1 billion dollar annual welfare payment to Israel. I'm sick of this crap and nothing will ever EVER change no matter how much money & diplomacy effort we toss down a rat hole.
I can agree on stopping the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
otherwise I don't care what they do.

Barbella

Senator

DEATH TOLL TOPS 400

WTF? That's what happens when you attack someone whose military strength and weaponry top your pathetic slingshots by about 1000 percent.

Hamas KNOWS this, and yet.... and yet.... they don't WANT peace. Why do you think that is? I'll tell ya... because they want to ERADICATE Israel, and they won't stop until they do, or until there won't be any Palestinians (read shark bait) left.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Link me to the food and medical aid. Btw, there were NO warnings on their latest Apache massacre.
  • Over one million tons of humanitarian supplies were delivered by Israel to the people of Gaza in the past 18 months – that’s equal to nearly one ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza.
  • In the first quarter of 2010 alone (January-March), Israel delivered 94,500 tons of supplies to Gaza. It’s very easy to miss what that actually means for the people of Gaza. The breakdown includes:
    • 40,000 tons of wheat – which is equal to 53 million loaves of bread;
    • 2,760 tons of rice – which equals 69 million servings;
    • 1,987 tons of clothes and footwear – the equivalent weight of 3.6 million pairs of jeans; and
    • 553 tons of milk powder and baby food – equivalent to over 3.1 million days of formula for an average six-month-old baby.
This reflects a long-term effort on the part of Israel to deliver a massive and comprehensive supply of aid to Gaza’s civilians, while restricting the ability of Hamas to import missiles that have been launched at the cities of southern Israel. In 2009 alone:
  • During the Muslim holy days of Ramadan and Eid al-Adha, Israel shipped some 11,000 head of cattle into Gaza – enough to provide 8.8 million meals of beef;
  • More than 3,000 tons of hypochlorite were delivered by Israel to Gaza for water purification purposes – that’s 60 billion gallons of purified water; and
  • Israel brought some 4,883 tons of medical equipment and medicine into Gaza – a weight equivalent to over 360,000 260-piece mobile trauma first aid kits.
http://www.cija.ca/hamas/israel_aid_to_gaza/

November 2012
Israel sent 80 trucks carrying medical supplies and food to Gaza, Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories, Brigadier-General Eitan Dangot reported.

Meanwhile, 35 diplomats and 26 civilians are leaving the strip to be medically treated in Israel. The Kerem Shalom crossing, through which trucks and patients will cross, was closed during the previous week due to escalation in the region. (Yoav Zitun)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4307934,00.html

Since then, meanwhile, even though blockades have been put up by Israel, they are allowing food and medical aid from Egypt and Cairo to go through. Usually in wartime, there's no such leniency.

Interestingly enough, Gaza denied the Aid.. I guess they really care about their people...

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/07/19/aid-convoy-gaza-stopped-border-security-reasons/

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Their population is around 8 million. Why not just absorb them here as a people?

They're very smart folks and we'd get an influx of the scientists, educators, and Hollywood directors ;) that we sorely need.

Am i right?

Yeah i know, it sucks to give up your country, but it might work out better for them AND US in the long run!
Seriously, on paper it's good. I'd have no problem with that whatsoever (let's move Israelis into Eugene and displace the hippies - I'm pretty sure they wouldn't foment underground violence in retribution).

The problem is that Israel's homeland is sacred to them. They will never give it up - ever. To them it isn't just a post WW2 holocaust gesture. It's a covenant thing. They ARE Israel. Israel is both a land AND a people. We can't properly relate to it firsthand (or I can't anyway). I understand it intellectually, but I can't conceive of so deep a connection to...and identification with a chunk of real estate.
There really is no temporal solution to this mess.

DEATH TOLL TOPS 400

http://www.mintpressnews.com/what-the-medias-getting-wrong-about-israel-and-palestine-and-why-it-matters/193607/

Barbella

Senator

DEATH TOLL TOPS 400

Oh, look... we're up to 20 dead Israelis. Happy now?

Escalating their ground offensive, Israeli troops backed by tanks and warplanes battled Hamas militants in a crowded neighborhood of Gaza City early Sunday. The fighting, including heavy Israeli tank fire, killed scores of Palestinians, forced thousands to flee and damaged or destroyed dozens of homes.

Palestinian health officials reported at least 65 people killed as air and artillery strikes echoed across the city for hours. They put the number of displaced at 35,000.

At least 425 Palestinians and 20 Israelis have been killed in the near two-week conflict which escalated as U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon headed to the region to try to revive cease-fire efforts.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/20/gaza-crisis-un-chief-set-to-visit-region-as-casualties-mount-on-both-sides/

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
WTF? That's what happens when you attack someone whose military strength and weaponry top your pathetic slingshots by about 1000 percent.

Hamas KNOWS this, and yet.... and yet.... they don't WANT peace. Why do you think that is? I'll tell ya... because they want to ERADICATE Israel, and they won't stop until they do, or until there won't be any Palestinians (read shark bait) left.
I think it was Krusty that posted Hamas only had Firecrackers...........can't make up my mind which of the two are most ignorant..................maybe both.