• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Never got 'approved' email

Jen

Senator
Is there a way to change how many posts I see per page?
In recent days our options here have been severely limited. We used to have that option but I can't find it now.
Lots of our options are gone.
I have no idea why those decisions were made.

Gone Girl

Dearly Beloved
In recent days our options here have been severely limited. We used to have that option but I can't find it now.
Lots of our options are gone.
I have no idea why those decisions were made.
Thank you. Maybe somebody will look into it?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Whatever happened with the flooding, were you in that mess?
It rained a lot here north of Ft. Worth and my septic system slowed up for a few days, but not much else around my neighborhood. A bridge was washed out a few miles north and a few other areas were ankle deep in water, but mostly not a problem like in Houston.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Is there a way to change how many posts I see per page?
Not that I know about. The forum software here is different from any I've used before. One recommendation is Adblock since ads slowed down page loading.

Jen

Senator
Dislike isn't a negative against you, is it? I am assuming it's like the incoming "dislike" button on Facebook.
From what I've heard the "dislike" on Facebook is like a "so sorry that happened to you".

All of our negatives here have been taken away. However, the "dislike" here is a big red X and although it is a neutral rating, a big red X is really not something anyone enjoys getting.

So it's not the same as the FB dislike.

Jen

Senator
Not that I know about. The forum software here is different from any I've used before. One recommendation is Adblock since ads slowed down page loading.
We changed to Xenforo before this owner took PJ. But this reduction in settings (I"m not talking about the little emotes at the bottom of the page) have occurred with this owner. I have to assume that he has been the one to limit us but I don't know why or even for sure if that's the case.
I can't remember which owner changed to Xenforo but I think it may have been the first one - Dave - and that was a while back. We lost threaded view then. So I'm pretty sure it was under Dave. We had a lot of page options then. Suddenly here in the last year or so, the options disappeared.

Gone Girl

Dearly Beloved
From what I've heard the "dislike" on Facebook is like a "so sorry that happened to you".

All of our negatives here have been taken away. However, the "dislike" here is a big red X and although it is a neutral rating, a big red X is really not something anyone enjoys getting.

I undid it. Thanks for the info. :)

Gone Girl

Dearly Beloved
There is much missing that I am used to, such as being able to see a start date. I like to know how much history there is with the person I'm talking to. Then again, I joined in April and just started posting but if somebody started ten years ago, I like knowing that.

Jen

Senator
There is much missing that I am used to, such as being able to see a start date. I like to know how much history there is with the person I'm talking to. Then again, I joined in April and just started posting but if somebody started ten years ago, I like knowing that.
If you click on a person's avatar you can get that information.

Gone Girl

Dearly Beloved

I clicked on your user name, and a little window came up with information.

Caroljo

Senator
Actually....back to the buttons! It's the "disagree" button that gives you a big red X, but it actually doesn't give you a negative rating. It's "dislike" button that gives you a negative. Which seems stupid....you would think a big red X would be bad! I only click dislike when someone really deserves it. It gets confusing to some because they think the X would be the worse! Oh well...like Jen said, things are a little screwy here! Lol!