• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

New rule: Congress has no authority to investigate presidential wrongdoing

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Mueller made his determination, but that doesn't mean congress can't change the laws, and congress issue subpoenas to gather information on the best way to do so.
Mueller provided a report which provides exhaustive detail, what there is there...or is it vindictiveness and spite...

I think it's vindictiveness and spite

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Both the Congress and the executive seek to reach beyond the limits established by the Constitution and law. Whichever of the to succeed will leave the grave consequences because the judiciary will then have to roll said ruling fundamentally altering the bases upon which separation of powers are predicated

Both the Congress and the executive seek to reach beyond the limits established by the Constitution and law. Whichever of the to succeed will leave the grave consequences because the judiciary will then have to roll said ruling fundamentally altering the bases upon which separation of powers are predicated
Yea... I don't buy that. Congress has every right to investigate whatever the hell they choose.
They have every right to look into legislation that limits the power of the presidency. There are constitutional methods for doing so. And issuing subpoenas merely informs their decision making process.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yea... I don't buy that. Congress has every right to investigate whatever the hell they choose.
They have every right to look into legislation that limits the power of the presidency. There are constitutional methods for doing so. And issuing subpoenas merely informs their decision making process.
Sure. What are they subpoenaing...

They're turning it into a political gotcha tool

Me, nothing.

I think more election cycles of voting these turds out may help....but I'm not optimistic
elections are what got the turds in the first place. quality candidates don't just magically appear. And even if they did, they prolly ain't gonna win. People just vote for the biggest troll nowadays.