• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

New rule: Congress has no authority to investigate presidential wrongdoing

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yes. Both seems abusive. No?
Nope. You compare 9 Benghazi investigations, where there was no real scandal to begin with, with one congressional investigation of Trump’s actual wrongdoing after Mueller identified 10 separate instances of Trump committing the felony of obstruction of justice. The former were clearly abusive, and the latter is Congress’s constitutional duty.

You compares apples and a Studebaker.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. You compare 9 Benghazi investigations, where there was no real scandal to begin with, with one congressional investigation of Trump’s actual wrongdoing after Mueller identified 10 separate instances of Trump committing the felony of obstruction of justice. The former were clearly abusive, and the latter is Congress’s constitutional duty.

You compares apples and a Studebaker.
Felony? What charges are filed

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
How do you reconcile the fact that sitting presidents can not be charged with crimes with the fact that sitting president can commit crimes?

Congress can impeach for obstruction of justice. Mueller left that one to congress.
Congress can. What was obstructed

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Huh? You don’t know that the DOJ/Special Counsel can’t indict a sitting president?
I know that.

Sorry, where is Mueller's "substantive chargeable crimes have been committed but I cant charge,vhowever here's the evidence"?

Hidden?

Bugsy McGurk

President
I know that.

Sorry, where is Mueller's "substantive chargeable crimes have been committed but I cant charge,vhowever here's the evidence"?

Hidden?
You don’t know that Mueller’s report says that he’s not accusing Trump of obstruction because doing so would be unfair to Trump given the fact that he can’t be indicted and placed on trial to “clear his name”? And you don’t know that Mueller’s report says that only Congress can adjudicate a president’s guilt or innocence of crimes?

You imply that you don’t know those things. This is really news to you?

Colorforms

Senator
have those five or six Democratic Congress persons that have access to the unredacted Mueller report taking the time to read it in it's unredacted form yet?

That in and of itself could be considered investigating. At worst it may trigger additional investigating.

Why do you think they have not taken the opportunity to read it yet?
Because they think the American people are so stupid as to believe that Grand Jury testimony can be released. I suspect they believe this based on the stupidity of people like the PJ fascists.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Because they think the American people are so stupid as to believe that Grand Jury testimony can be released. I suspect they believe this based on the stupidity of people like the PJ fascists.
It can be released per court order, as occurred with prior presidential investigations. But Baghdad Barr has no interest in doing so. He’s Trump’s “own Roy Cohn.”

Colorforms

Senator
It can be released per court order, as occurred with prior presidential investigations. But Baghdad Barr has no interest in doing so. He’s Trump’s “own Roy Cohn.”
Maybe, but Nadler isn't a judge, and technically he isn't authorized to see that information. In fact, technically, Barr doesn't have to make the report available at all. Barr has gone above and beyond to shut Nadler up and Nadler is still lying his ass off to the press, who, by the way, should know better.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Maybe, but Nadler isn't a judge, and technically he isn't authorized to see that information. In fact, technically, Barr doesn't have to make the report available at all. Barr has gone above and beyond to shut Nadler up and Nadler is still lying his ass off to the press, who, by the way, should know better.
He knows that. He has said a court order is required. And he has asked Baghdad Barr to join in a request for such an order. But he’s Trump’s stooge, so he has refused.

Colorforms

Senator
Well, you know I’m shocked that you support Baghdad Barr hiding evidence from the American people on behalf of Trump and his crime family.

;-)
He's not hiding evidence, he's doing what the democrats passed a law to do after the Starr investigation. I'm all for Barr following the law. Doesn't surprise me that you are as lawless as you accuse others of being.

Deplorable :)

Bugsy McGurk

President
He's not hiding evidence, he's doing what the democrats passed a law to do after the Starr investigation. I'm all for Barr following the law. Doesn't surprise me that you are as lawless as you accuse others of being.

Deplorable :)
You just wander in circles. We covered that. The law allows Barr to ask the court to authorize release of the grand jury material. He refuses to do so. Doing so would not square with his flim-flam.

Colorforms

Senator
You just wander in circles. We covered that. The law allows Barr to ask the court to authorize release of the grand jury material. He refuses to do so. Doing so would not square with his flim-flam.
Why should Barr petition the court to allow Nadler to see information he's not allowed by law to see, and that Nadler illegally subpoenaed and held Barr in contempt for not producing?

I'm all kinds of curious :)

Bugsy McGurk

President
Why should Barr petition the court to allow Nadler to see information he's not allowed by law to see, and that Nadler illegally subpoenaed and held Barr in contempt for not producing?

I'm all kinds of curious :)
Hello? If the court authorized release of grand jury material we would be allowed by law to see it.

I have to explain everything to you.