• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

New York Times obituaries

voyager

4Q2247365
I enjoy reading the obit column. You learn about people that you never knew existed and sometimes a lot about their lives.
I was reading one today about a man names Nick Tosches, a fiery writer of country and rock music's unsung hero's and biographies of people like Dean Martin an Sonny Liston. He was also a book writer in the "Gonzo" style. He also wrote reviews for Rolling Stone and others. The Gonzo came out when he would review non existent albums and would review albums without taking off the wrapper... lol, what a character.
One reviewer of one of his books, "In the hand of Dante" gave him this backhanded compliment." "I think Tosches is a puffed up baffon who's bio is a pile of horse manure." "Let me tell you that he also has a prose style made up of pretty phrases that mean nothing, a fixation with the word dark and a love for obscure words he doesn't understand how to use."
"So why do I think this is a must read book? Because Tosches is one of the few writers you can experience on a visceral level. Reading Tosches is like being mugged."

Now there is a guy I would have liked to have had a beer with.

Inquisitor

Council Member
I enjoy reading the obit column. You learn about people that you never knew existed and sometimes a lot about their lives.
I was reading one today about a man names Nick Tosches, a fiery writer of country and rock music's unsung hero's and biographies of people like Dean Martin an Sonny Liston. He was also a book writer in the "Gonzo" style. He also wrote reviews for Rolling Stone and others. The Gonzo came out when he would review non existent albums and would review albums without taking off the wrapper... lol, what a character.
One reviewer of one of his books, "In the hand of Dante" gave him this backhanded compliment." "I think Tosches is a puffed up baffon who's bio is a pile of horse manure." "Let me tell you that he also has a prose style made up of pretty phrases that mean nothing, a fixation with the word dark and a love for obscure words he doesn't understand how to use."
"So why do I think this is a must read book? Because Tosches is one of the few writers you can experience on a visceral level. Reading Tosches is like being mugged."

Now there is a guy I would have liked to have had a beer with.
I've never heard of him.