• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Next line of assault: MAC Attack.

every [Unwelcome language removed] body is questioning his mental capacity.. politicians are having meetings with hack psychiatrists bent on their 15 of fame..

but this is misplaced..

er, ok.
Exactly. We were supposed to accept that a quack psychic who never met the president made a legitimate diagnosis, but the physician who examined him didn't. It must be opposite day!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Exactly. We were supposed to accept that a quack psychic who never met the president made a legitimate diagnosis, but the physician who examined him didn't. It must be opposite day!
Would that be the psychiatrist who specifically said she was NOT making a diagnosis?

Opposite day indeed.

;-)

D

Deleted member 21794

Would that be the psychiatrist who specifically said she was NOT making a diagnosis?

Opposite day indeed.

;-)
Her intention was clear. The only issue is whether you're willing to be honest about it. I'm not optimistic.

Bottom line: "dementia" went down the drain. So sorry!

Arkady

President
mental patients couldn't do that
Someone who was far gone enough with dementia wouldn't be able to pass that test, even with prep work, since he'd forget the prep work in the few minutes between when he was done practicing and when the doctor asked him the same questions. But someone in the early stages of dementia, who might be spotted if he took that test cold, could well prep well enough to hide the symptoms.

Arkady

President
Well, he’s not 6’3” and he’s not 239 pounds as reported - that doughboy is heavier than that, so a grain of salt is in order.

That said, the issue with Trump is not really his cognitive function. It’s his personality disorders.

He’s clinically narcissistic, painfully insecure, pathologically dishonest, impetuous, impulsive, uninterested, uninformed, hostile, xenophobic, racially insensitive (if not flat out racist), etc.

In no particular order.

;-)
I'll tell you why that particular height and weight sounds fishy to me -- the BMI for it is 29.9. One pound more and he'd be clinically obese. Hmmmm.... what are the chances he was exactly one pound shy of the point where reports of this doctor's visit would call him "obese," instead of just "overweight"? In theory, maybe he targeted that weight and crash dieted for a couple weeks to get down to that point to avoid the headline. But it seems awfully convenient. I was also surprised by his relatively low pulse. Granted the guy only works half days and spends a ton of time on leisure activities, so stress shouldn't be a factor like it is with most presidents. But he is, even taking that weight as accurate, borderline obese, older than dirt, and he eats like shit. Of course, it's possible to cheat blood pressure and pulse measures with medication, so, who knows.

Bugsy McGurk

President
but her 'non diagnosis' was taken as an absolute. no?
Not by honest people who read what she actually said.

Which was that Trump shows signs of various personality disorders - observations we all make as to people we observe. Example - concluding that someone is a narcissist, or a pathological liar.

Everyone should stop pretending that professional degrees, or personal mental evaluations, are necessary to observe Trump’s mental disorders.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You dodged the questions. Why not answer them, instead?
what, the 'because it's trump, he must have cheated' angle? no thanks.

if it helps though.. a licensed physician, following standard protocol, and at his patient's request..administered a standard evaluation designed to assess cognitive status. the patient passed.

many are dissatisfied, and therefore must attempt to introduce chicanery and deception into the mix. (much like the much lauded, and summarily crushed, polling stats suggesting a Clinton landslide.)

Bugsy McGurk

President
I'll tell you why that particular height and weight sounds fishy to me -- the BMI for it is 29.9. One pound more and he'd be clinically obese. Hmmmm.... what are the chances he was exactly one pound shy of the point where reports of this doctor's visit would call him "obese," instead of just "overweight"? In theory, maybe he targeted that weight and crash dieted for a couple weeks to get down to that point to avoid the headline. But it seems awfully convenient. I was also surprised by his relatively low pulse. Granted the guy only works half days and spends a ton of time on leisure activities, so stress shouldn't be a factor like it is with most presidents. But he is, even taking that weight as accurate, borderline obese, older than dirt, and he eats like shit. Of course, it's possible to cheat blood pressure and pulse measures with medication, so, who knows.
The doc should have taken his pulse and BP while he was getting riled up by Fox and Friends and pounding out crazed tweets. He probably would have sent him to the ER.

;-)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not by honest people who read what she actually said.

Which was that Trump shows signs of various personality disorders - observations we all make as to people we observe. Example - concluding that someone is a narcissist, or a pathological liar.

Everyone should stop pretending that professional degrees, or personal mental evaluations, are necessary to observe Trump’s mental disorders.
oh, I observe them here every day and I dont have a license.

then there's reality.. the dude is odd for sure. narcissist? likely. but then, it didnt bother anyone that Obama was an overweening one, did it. pathological liar? that's pretty much every politician.

Bugsy McGurk

President
what, the 'because it's trump, he must have cheated' angle? no thanks.

if it helps though.. a licensed physician, following standard protocol, and at his patient's request..administered a standard evaluation designed to assess cognitive status. the patient passed.

many are dissatisfied, and therefore must attempt to introduce chicanery and deception into the mix. (much like the much lauded, and summarily crushed, polling stats suggesting a Clinton landslide.)
I don’t think anyone doubts that Trump connected some dots, drew a cube, knew his numbers, etc. He aced that exam.

But my, the bar is being set awfully low.

Zam-Zam

Senator
No, not a Big Mac attack,
but an assault on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment

Physician who examined Trump reports a perfect 30 out of 30..indicating no cognitive impairment.

well SH*T, at least one unlicensed Yale psych is out of a job. maybe?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/politics/trump-health-exam-doctor-cognitive-test.html

Woodrow Wilson suffered a debilitating stroke two years into his second term, and continued to serve as President.......Of course, that was before the 25th amendment.

Some on the left are intent on tilting at windmills. Meanwhile, the voting public is watching........

Bugsy McGurk

President
oh, I observe them here every day and I dont have a license.

then there's reality.. the dude is odd for sure. narcissist? likely. but then, it didnt bother anyone that Obama was an overweening one, did it. pathological liar? that's pretty much every politician.
Again, putting someone like Obama in league with Trump when it comes to narcissism strikes me as utterly bizarre. I don’t think we have ever seen anyone in public life who comes within a light year of Trump in that category.

D

Deleted member 21794

Someone who was far gone enough with dementia wouldn't be able to pass that test, even with prep work, since he'd forget the prep work in the few minutes between when he was done practicing and when the doctor asked him the same questions. But someone in the early stages of dementia, who might be spotted if he took that test cold, could well prep well enough to hide the symptoms.
You just don't have a shred of proof that's the case. But hey, keep the faith, cling to that "dementia" meme like your life depends on it. It's fun to watch.

Arkady

President
All I can say is that Trump doesn’t look 6’3” and 239 pounds to me. I say 6’1” (6’2” tops) and at least 250 pounds. You disagree?

As to dementia, someone would have to be pretty darn senile not to ace that simple test. Senility may be creeping in, but Trump’s not profoundly senile yet. I outlined Trump’s personality disorders above, and he wasn’t tested for those. They are the type of disorders we can all perceive in people we see, and Trump has them in spades.
Obama is 6'1". Here he is standing next to Trump:

Here he is next to 6'2" Clinton:

Tough to eyeball these things, but I'd guess he started out 6'2" and has shrunk to 6'1". Given his penchant for badly exaggerating to make himself sound better (e.g., claiming to have graduated at the top of his class at Wharton when he didn't even make the Dean's list), I'd wager he's been exaggerating his height for his whole life.

D

Deleted member 21794

Obama is 6'1". Here he is standing next to Trump:

Here he is next to 6'2" Clinton:

Tough to eyeball these things, but I'd guess he started out 6'2" and has shrunk to 6'1". Given his penchant for badly exaggerating to make himself sound better (e.g., claiming to have graduated at the top of his class at Wharton when he didn't even make the Dean's list), I'd wager he's been exaggerating his height for his whole life.
So the doctor is lying, yes?

Arkady

President
You just don't have a shred of proof that's the case. .
All I have is his bizarre behavior and child-like verbal skills. It's possible he's only faking mental impairment in order to appeal better to most conservative voters, so that's not slam-dunk proof that he's actually mentally impaired. But surely you can see how easily he could cheat that particular test, right?