1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

No 2A right to carry concealed

Discussion in 'Jurisprudence and the Constitution' started by Liquid Reigns, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Constitutional Sheepdog

Constitutional Sheepdog ][][][%er!!!!!!!

Stay away from town or don't act like a thug and I will not shoot your ass. It's just that simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

I wasn't talking to you, but would you agree that taking guns where the private property oqner does not welcome them and where you have no need for them is an example of acting like a thug?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  3. Constitutional Sheepdog

I don't give a damn who you were talking too. I'm talking to you do not come to town acting like a thug and you won't get shot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

Perhaps you should address your comment to the person I was warning about acting like a thug.

5. Constitutional Sheepdog

Perhaps you should run to your safe space if you don't like the truth.

6. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

If it's really self-defense, the threat of legal redress isn't going to make you afraid to fire a gun. If it isn't, you're the criminal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

Let's try this again. I am saying that bringing a gun onto another person's property, when I have explicitly been refused permission, for no reason other than to assert my right to have a gun anywhere I want, is acting like a thug. Do you agree or not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Constitutional Sheepdog

How are you going to stop me? How do you stop anyone with a gun if you don't have one also?

9. JackDallas

JackDallas Governor Supporting Member

If you are told, specifically, by a business, or a homeowner, that you cannot carry a weapon on their property then it is illegal to do so. If a business has a generic sign (gun with slash through it) then you can ignore it. If they have the 30.06 or the 30.07 posted then it is a felony to ignore them. If you are concealed carrying then, in theory, they have no way of knowing you have a gun on you unless you do something stupid. I'm speaking for Texas. I don't know what other states might require.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  10. JackDallas

Legally speaking, that is correct.

11. JackDallas

I typically do not frequent any business that does not permit concealed carry (if they have proper signage). My gun goes where my wallet goes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. trapdoor

trapdoor Governor

Basically, the argument is moot. Concealed carry is legal in all 50 states. This ruling will only apply in the activist 9th Circuit, and then only until another circuit rules the other way. There is little chance SCOTUS will take this view.

Interesting fact, however. At one time in South Africa you could carry a gun anywhere you wanted -- as long as it was concealed. Carrying unconcealed was considered to be an attempt to provoke.

13. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

I'm not interested in stopping you. But presumably the business owner who is could call the police (who do have guns).

14. JackDallas

Since Texas passed the open carry law, almost every business I walk into has the legal 30.07 signage giving notice that open carry on the premises is illegal. Very few places in Texas actually post the 30.06 signage that prevents concealed carry.
    Waffle House is one, like the majority, that puts up a generic sign (gun with slash). I pay no attention to these signs. Now, if they know you are carrying (how would they know?) they can advise you that they do not permit it and you have to either refrain from carrying, in their place, or go to a restaurant, not managed by Liberal pussies, to get a waffle.

15. sear

sear Council Member

Kudos to Mr. Cash.

BUT !!

Neither the word Johnny, nor the word Cash appear in our Bill of Right's second article.

I understand.

Style can be substance.

A reckless drunk licensed to carry concealed can be a severe danger to those around him if he handles a loaded gun improperly or inappropriately.

Conversely, a sober, conservative, well trained civilian could theoretically carry concealed not merely safely, but benevolently; EVEN IF TECHNICALLY ILLEGALLY.

A license to carry is not a license to shoot up the town.

Prudence is required.
    And the solemnity of the responsibility of packin' heat is proportional to the awesome power it provides.
    It is the responsibility of the one that carries it to insure that the power is used for good, or perhaps better yet, not used at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JackDallas

Democrats should not be allowed to carry weapons. They are too unstable and irresponsible.