• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

No need to dismantle the coal fire plants

They can be converted to hydro-flame furnaces with very little effort. This is not a new concept but one that has been considered and re-considered for the past 40 years. Once again however it leaves the " Green corporate Vultures " out in the cold and out of your wallet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_economy
Nothing wrong with coal anyway --- we would be better putting our minds to cleaning up the acts that we have that all this 'Green' corrupt bullshit which is just as devastating if not more so to our Planet than our old ways.

Wahbooz

Governor
They can be converted to hydro-flame furnaces with very little effort. This is not a new concept but one that has been considered and re-considered for the past 40 years. Once again however it leaves the " Green corporate Vultures " out in the cold and out of your wallet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_economy
Hydrogen has one of the widest explosive/ignition ranges, as per your article correctly states. The use of the same technology used at the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Hiroshima R&D Center would effectively resolve all the issues with coal fired boilers, except the environmental destruction of collecting coal. But how many corporations are willing to spend the money.

justoffal

Senator
Hydrogen has one of the widest explosive/ignition ranges, as per your article correctly states. The use of the same technology used at the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Hiroshima R&D Center would effectively resolve all the issues with coal fired boilers, except the environmental destruction of collecting coal. But how many corporations are willing to spend the money.
Even so...Hydrodgen combustion is nothing at all compared to the TOKOMAK technologies. The use of fusion technology collapsing the covalent bonds in the target fuel releases roughly 10 million times more energy that combustion does. When that technology becomes mature it will overshadow all other technologies and electricity will be so cheap that even at 10 cents/ KWH the producers will become very wealthy!

JO

Wahbooz

Governor
Even so...Hydrodgen combustion is nothing at all compared to the TOKOMAK technologies. The use of fusion technology collapsing the covalent bonds in the target fuel releases roughly 10 million times more energy that combustion does. When that technology becomes mature it will overshadow all other technologies and electricity will be so cheap that even at 10 cents/ KWH the producers will become very wealthy!

JO
Sure, but we need to get there first. And it's a little disconcerting to think of an electromagnetic field being the only thing containing the thermonuclear reaction. In the meantime, those plants can be cleaned up.

Last edited:

justoffal

Senator
Sure, but we need to get there first. And it's a little disconcerting to think of an electromagnetic field being the only thing containing the thermonuclear reaction. In the meantime, those plants can be cleaned up.
The Fusion process is safe believe it or not. The single point of energy production is very small and is not only held in place by massive magnetic fields it is renewed from micro second to micro second by the laser pressure of several hundred intermittent laser inputs. The final temperature may be as high as 100 million degrees but the micro spot wherein it is created dies out as soon as the laser inputs stop.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the matter but I know some of what I have been reading.

JO

Wahbooz

Governor
The Fusion process is safe believe it or not. The single point of energy production is very small and is not only held in place by massive magnetic fields it is renewed from micro second to micro second by the laser pressure of several hundred intermittent laser inputs. The final temperature may be as high as 100 million degrees but the micro spot wherein it is created dies out as soon as the laser inputs stop.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the matter but I know some of what I have been reading.

JO
Perhaps, and that would be great, but I'll always remain skeptical that something is totally foolproof. I always operated under the axiom "Just when you think nothing can go wrong, it will."

justoffal

Senator
Perhaps, and that would be great, but I'll always remain skeptical that something is totally foolproof. I always operated under the axiom "Just when you think nothing can go wrong, it will."
Indeed....look at Fukashima.....I cannot disagree.

JO

I think coal as is is just fine. the states need to tell Obama where to go.
Who Has More Votes, West Virginia or Texas?

The oil companies have always been behind the scare stories about coal, a competitor in the energy industry. The same with British Petroleum shutting down Newcastle. Trustfundie Treehuggers are agents of the Right Wing.

This is very easy to figure out once you realize that anyone who gets paid to write, broadcast, or lecture is of the same ilk as those who get paid to have sex.

Last edited:

JO
Forty Years of Well-Financed False Hopes

Futuristic promises just trick us into delaying doing anything about the petrocrats' price-gouging. Quit taking Hollywood Science seriously.

JO
We Can't All Be Mooney Lynn

Why do you hate coalminers so much? Did a coalminer's daughter refuse to go out with you?

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Who Has More Votes, West Virginia or Texas?

The oil companies have always been behind the scare stories about coal, a competitor in the energy industry. The same with British Petroleum shutting down Newcastle. Trustfundie Treehuggers are agents of the Right Wing.

This is very easy to figure out once you realize that anyone who gets paid to write, broadcast, or lecture is of the same ilk as those who get paid to have sex.
Every tries to protect their interest. You can't blame them for saying things that they believe, especially when a government chasing carbon credit money is behind the push, no matter there is no global warming. all sides do this, only the government has an uneven hand with all its power.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
CO2 levels were highest during the Ice Age --- this is all a political agenda to raise a World Wide Tax ( who does that go too) and keep the developing world in 'mud huts'.
Could not agree more. All the AGW talk but no temperature rise in 19 years and the trend line down. the use is has 3 years of down temperatures and I have a friend in France that has a vineyard and he claims its not hot enough to get a descent crop. the sun is the issue, not CO2.

Days

Commentator
CO2 levels were highest during the Ice Age --- this is all a political agenda to raise a World Wide Tax ( who does that go too) and keep the developing world in 'mud huts'.
When they started calling carbon a "pollutant" ... OMG, it is the foundation element for life on earth. CO2 is produced by animals and used by plants... it is key element nature uses to form the symbiotic web of life on planet earth.