• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians"

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Rev William Barber, Moral Mondays, North Carolina in a speech at Netroots Nation.

“It is extreme and immoral to suppress the right to vote,” Reverend Barber said. “It is extreme and immoral to deny Medicaid for millions of poor people especially people who have been elected to office and then insurance simply because they’ve been elected. It is extreme and immoral to raise taxes on the working poor and cutting earned income taxes, and to raise taxes on the poor and the middle class in order to cut taxes for the wealthy. It is extreme and immoral to use power to cut off people’s water in Detroit. … It is extreme and immoral to end unemployment for those who have lost jobs for no fault of their own. It is extreme and immoral to re-segregate our schools and underfund our public schools. It is extreme and immoral for people who came from immigrants to now to have a mean amnesia and cry out against immigrants and the rights of children. It is mean, it is immoral, it is extreme to kick hardworking people when they are down. That’s not just bad policy. It’s against the common good and a disregard for human rights. … In fact, this kind of philosophy rooted in the policies of immoral deconstruction, if you look at them carefully, they are historically inaccurate, they are constitutionally inconsistent, they are morally indefensible, and they are economically insane.”

Barbella

Senator
Rev William Barber, Moral Mondays, North Carolina in a speech at Netroots Nation.

“It is extreme and immoral to suppress the right to vote,” Reverend Barber said. “It is extreme and immoral to deny Medicaid for millions of poor people especially people who have been elected to office and then insurance simply because they’ve been elected. It is extreme and immoral to raise taxes on the working poor and cutting earned income taxes, and to raise taxes on the poor and the middle class in order to cut taxes for the wealthy. It is extreme and immoral to use power to cut off people’s water in Detroit. … It is extreme and immoral to end unemployment for those who have lost jobs for no fault of their own. It is extreme and immoral to re-segregate our schools and underfund our public schools. It is extreme and immoral for people who came from immigrants to now to have a mean amnesia and cry out against immigrants and the rights of children. It is mean, it is immoral, it is extreme to kick hardworking people when they are down. That’s not just bad policy. It’s against the common good and a disregard for human rights. … In fact, this kind of philosophy rooted in the policies of immoral deconstruction, if you look at them carefully, they are historically inaccurate, they are constitutionally inconsistent, they are morally indefensible, and they are economically insane.”
Who cares what Barber says? He's a loud mouth fat man with an agenda....

It seems like WRAL has film of NAACP president William Barber every day. They give him face time if he’s standing on the street BY HIMSELF. They’ll cover a “press conference” that includes him and four others. His antics over redistricting of Wake County schools did little to nothing to help poor or minority kids, but were a big cause of the chaos currently engulfing the school system. The mainstream media likes to paint Barber and his organization as a source of unification and harmony. But at the drop of cheeseburger or the rip of a pair of stretched-tight 8XL pants, William Barber can get statewide publicity and stir up TONS of chaos and animosity.

Barber’s latest “victory” involves getting the McCrory administration to order the yanking of a Confederate flag from a historical exhibit at the old State Capitol commemorating the sesquicentennial (150th anniversary) of The War Between The States. (It’s interesting that several media outlets refer to Barber as “civil rights leaders.” Is the AP stylebook now requiring that you pluralize references to loudmouths who weigh in at a half-ton or more? )

Let’s see what Gov. Pat got for his trouble here. He caved in to the demands of someone who WILL NEVER campaign for him or vote for him. He backed down to pressure from a man who takes pleasure in making conservatives and Republicans look bad. Gov. Pat appears to have ticked off a group of people that were likely with him in 2012, and he will NEED in 2016. Thomas Smith, commander of the North Carolina Division of The Sons of Confederate Veterans, has tossed his two cents in on this flag fiasco:

Governor Pat McCrory is, from all accounts, a man dedicated to helping North Carolina move ahead. However, on Friday, March 29, 2013, he made a serious mistake. At first glance, maybe ordering (through his Secretary of Cultural Resources) the removal of an historical exhibit of period flags from the historic old State Capitol might seem like a minor concern. After all, we’re not talking about the budget, roads, or schools. But the removal of that exhibit–and to be precise, removing the historic Confederate Battle Flag–because of political pressure from an individual, Rev. William Barber of the NAACP, who has never supported McCrory in anything and most likely never will, is both an error historically and politically.

The purpose of the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, and in particular its Historic Sites Division, in this exhibit, was to portray the exact way the old Capitol looked during the tragic War Between the States period (1861-1865), and to do so with balance in the context of our lived history. After all, the old Capitol is an historic site and serves as a museum; the legislature meets over in the newer Legislative Building, and only very rarely uses the 1840 Capitol building ceremonially.

Accordingly, historical flags of the period were hung upstairs in the House chamber of the historic State Capitol as a part of an exhibit (not in Governor McCrory’s office downstairs at the far end of the building). Signage and docents were there to conduct tours and inform visitors about that painful period. As part of the sesquicentennial commemoration, the exhibit was scheduled to be there until the end of observances in 2015.

This, as explained Historic Sites director Keith Hardison, was entirely correct historically, since such flags did indeed hang in the old Capitol during the historical period. The object, very clearly, was to represent our history–ALL of our history, including some items and symbols that not everyone might approve of today and that might be painful to some.

As Hardison pointed out, the historian’s role is not to censure the past, but to portray and illustrate it as accurately as possible. On the contrary, the NAACP president, Rev. Barber, apparently sees himself as the unelected arbiter of anything and everything in our state, including real and tangible portions of our collective history that he interprets as “offensive.” He complained loudly that the Battle Flag should not be displayed in the old Capitol, even though it was part of a strictly historical display and not displayed in any political or offensive manner. He insisted it had to go.

This is where the misguided action of the Governor’s Office, acting through Governor Pat McCrory’s Secretary of Cultural Resources, makes this issue much more than the usual complaint by Reverend Barber. The caving into political pressure by the governor and his secretary is very troubling. From a simple political consideration, Governor McCrory must know that there is absolutely no way that he can ever placate Barber politically.

But more disturbingly, this action, for all the misplaced good intentions that Governor McCrory and his secretary may well have had, indicates that the highly contagious infection of “political correctness” and the willingness to censor our history if a pressure group shouts loud enough has reached the halls of power in Raleigh.

Applying a litmus test to whether a portion of our history can be displayed at a state historic site, even if that portion is essential to understanding our history, is the worst kind of censorship. Such action is not worthy of our governor, certainly not of a governor who wants to represent our state, its people, and all its history.

Earlier, I applauded McCrory for just saying NO to identity politics. But I will have to consider a retraction — considering this debacle. Rev. Round & Loud will – to paraphrase the words of Chris Tucker in “Rush Hour” – never, never, never, never, never ever back off the GOP or McCrory. Barber and his small group of lefties will take this victory and continue to swing away at the next opportunity to embarrass the state’s new Republican chief executive.

This could have been a GREAT “Sister Souljah” moment for Team McCrory, where they could have told the Round Rev to shove it, and shored up their already weary and dispirited right flank. But, no. They chose a quick and dirty surrender that boosted the morale and enthusiasm of the, um, loyal opposition. Let’s say Barber denounces every forthcoming GOP policy initiative as “racist” or “insensitive.” Will Team McCrory stick with this “cave” strategy? If they do, what was the point of voting for them in 2012? What will be the point of voting to reelect Gov. Pat in 2016?
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=5143

JV-12

Mayor

It is also immoral for you to run up your credit card tens of thousands of dollars on things you just got to have and then declare bankruptcy.

But for the government to do the same is Ok with the reverend I guess? IOW, let someone else down the road pay for our "charity." There is a moral responsibility that goes with all your demands of handouts julieofohio.

And please, tell the reverend there is a lot more to do with Being a Christian than demanding the government fund every cause you can think of. A lot more!

UPNYA2

Mayor

"No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians."

Interesting........ So wouldn't that mean no one's more right about Christ than non-Christians?

In which case would that not in turn mean that no one is more right about Islam than the non-Islamics?

It would indeed...........
Yet somehow I find it difficult to believe that you my dear, would be on here promoting me were I speaking of Islamics in any sort of a sweeping negative manner, acting as if I knew more about Islam than they did.

Hell, using this, for lack of a better word, "logic", we may as well maintain that no one's more wrong about abortions than those who believe in and practice them, right?

Or that no one's more wrong about illegal immigration than those who personally believe in and practice it themselves, huh?

Ok, fine, let's ALL do as you and the good Mr. Petty do, let's ALL begin making these same sweeping negative generalizations against any group we feel are not doing as we desire.......

Wanna contine?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
It is also immoral for you to run up your credit card tens of thousands of dollars on things you just got to have and then declare bankruptcy.

But for the government to do the same is Ok with the reverend I guess? IOW, let someone else down the road pay for our "charity." There is a moral responsibility that goes with all your demands of handouts julieofohio.

And please, tell the reverend there is a lot more to do with Being a Christian than demanding the government fund every cause you can think of. A lot more!
I suspect Tom Petty was talking about you in particular, the Catholic who looks the other way.

JV-12

Mayor
I suspect Tom Petty was talking about you in particular, the Catholic who looks the other way.
I suspect you might be right Julie.

But at least I do not feel guilty feigning all this concern for the lower classes by giving them other peoples money, or even worse, money we do not have --- for the sake of looking generous when all the while we know it is mostly for vote pandering.

Or did you think all those democrats are as generous with their own personal bank accounts as they are with ours?

Barbella

Senator
Rev William Barber has a Christian, social justice agenda.
Yep. Just like everybody else.

While the Rev. William Barber, head of the NCNAACP, likes to call opponents extremists and rant about the immorality of legislative actions, he never mentions one important detail concerning his personal interest. An organization associated with his church, Rebuilding Broken Places Community Development Corporation, of which he is the founder and still chairman, has bellied up to the taxpayer buffet to the tune of over $1.15 million in recent years. A quick search shows some but not all of the taxpayer dollars garnered by his organization (State Agencies come from NC Open Book:

State Agency
Child Nutrition Programs
Dept. of Health and Human Services
$565,220

State Agency
Not Listed
Not Listed
$1,275

State Agency
Support Our Students
Dept. of Public Safety
$245,426

State Agency
Dropout Prevention Grant
Dept. of Public Instruction
$173,331

State Funded
Econ Dev & Capacity Building
NC Rural Center
$134,480

State Funded
Capacity Building (Jan 2013)
NC Community Dev. Initiative
>$40,000

Tentative Total

>$1,159,732

As the head of the NCNAACP and the organizer of the Historic Thousands on Jones Street (HKonJ), he is the originator and ringmaster of the “Moral Money Monday” protests. Barber has said in many places that the HKonJ organizations are the organizers and force behind the “Moral Money Monday” protests.

It is a collection of groups that, like Barber’s group, has benefited handsomely from taxpayer dollars. While he cloaks his actions in morality and even the trappings of Christianity, going as far as wearing religious garb at the protests, his interest is really about that least religious of concerns – Mammon, or money.

He and his cohorts in the HKonJ organizing group do not want to lose access or control of the taxpayers’ dollars. This may very well happen if the current legislature continues to reduce taxes, reform government and stop funding special-interest groups.

So remember from now on to refer to the Monday protests by their proper name !Moral Money Monday” !
http://civitasreview.com/politicians/william-barber-rakes-in-taxpayer-dollars-leads-moral-no-it-is-money-mondays/

Guthrie

Mayor

I think you should let individuals decide what it means to be christian to them, not what your person interpretation is.

As for the idea that it is immoral to use credit. For starters, the foundation of American society is based off of credit and running a deficit is generally a healthy thing to do economically.

You can see it on a smaller scale. I take out money to go to college and as a result I get a better job down the road and can pay it back by my increasing returns. The same holds true of the government. you spend money, on say high speed trains, create jobs all over the place which then allows those people to go spend their money at other businesses, creating a larger tax pool.

What is immoral to me is being a billionaire CEO in AMerica, using our taxpayer dollars via roads, etc. An then change your company's location to the cayman islands by creating a po box to avoid paying taxes. That is unpatriotic and loyal.

You would, however, of course, blame the poor indebted person over the billionaires CEO. WHy? Cause the political ideology you follow is funded by the ultra rich to make you hate your fellow neighbor and not the billionaire who bankrupt the country, get bailed out when in trouble, and then flee the country when their on their feet.

Guthrie

Mayor
I suspect you might be right Julie.

But at least I do not feel guilty feigning all this concern for the lower classes by giving them other peoples money, or even worse, money we do not have --- for the sake of looking generous when all the while we know it is mostly for vote pandering.

Or did you think all those democrats are as generous with their own personal bank accounts as they are with ours?
By the way I read your "Respponse" to my article i sent you yesterday.

I didnt make any assertions in it, as you claimed, I cited Israeli and US sources. So fro example, it isn't my opinion that HAMAS was funded by Israel, it was factually explained by the CIA, MOSSAD, Prime Minister Netanyu, etc. If you choose to call them liars thats your business. In fact, the whole document relies on Israeli government and US government sources. Again, you want to smear them as liars so be it.

As for the idea that Israel isn't interested in Palestinian land I suggest you again read the words of the Israeli leaders themselves who contradict you on every turn as well as for the actual policy visible to the whole world of bull dozing and settlement construction. One could also read, Israeli, American and international court justices who have ruled such settlements as blatant war crimes and in violation of the Geneva convention(re-affirmed30 times by over 100 judges).

Thus, when you blindly defend Israel, as you do, you are actually contradicting their own words and polices, as well as reality. You dont even know what your defending and as is clear, you dont read on any of this.

There is a name for such people:fanatics. Blindly loyal to a dogma that they know nothing about and actually harms them considerably. See the NAZI party for more examples.

Your response didn't cite any sources but was in fact a word for word regurgitation of official Israeli propaganda lines.

Foe example, your implication that the 1967 and 1973 war were started by Arabs is utterly false. The CIA, in the documentary record, talked about this with Israel prior to it happened and it makes fully clear that the war was a war of expansion and was started by Israel. It isn't disputable anymore because we can read the secret contacts back and forth.

You also stated that Israel has done nothing but help the GAZAN economy, which I refuse to refute, for the same principle I wouldn't refute someone who argued the holocaust never happened. Its simply garbage.

The bigger point was this. I wrote three pages of heavily documented information and you replied without citing one source.

There is a reason for that. You dont make choices based on facts and logic. You simply root for a side. In the future, be up front about that with me, so I dont take my time taking you seriously.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I think you should let individuals decide what it means to be christian to them, not what your person interpretation is.

As for the idea that it is immoral to use credit. For starters, the foundation of American society is based off of credit and running a deficit is generally a healthy thing to do economically.

You can see it on a smaller scale. I take out money to go to college and as a result I get a better job down the road and can pay it back by my increasing returns. The same holds true of the government. you spend money, on say high speed trains, create jobs all over the place which then allows those people to go spend their money at other businesses, creating a larger tax pool.

What is immoral to me is being a billionaire CEO in AMerica, using our taxpayer dollars via roads, etc. An then change your company's location to the cayman islands by creating a po box to avoid paying taxes. That is unpatriotic and loyal.

You would, however, of course, blame the poor indebted person over the billionaires CEO. WHy? Cause the political ideology you follow is funded by the ultra rich to make you hate your fellow neighbor and not the billionaire who bankrupt the country, get bailed out when in trouble, and then flee the country when their on their feet.
I think it was Rep Keith Ellison who described the GOP philosophy thusly:

they think the rich don't have enough and the poor have too much.

gigi

Mayor
Julie did you read the article you linked? He's talking about the sexual abuse by priests and a directive to kill in the name of God. I get his point of view. Been there done that. But it's a shame he said what he did about Christians. Clearly he has no concept of the Christian principles of loving even when the object of our love is unlovable and forgiving like we need to be forgiven. Jesus didn't leave the Catholic Church because of the sins of a comparatively few men. He wouldn't leave because of the sins of a majority of men if just one soul who sought to find Him there remained. Jesus doesn't get run off by sinners..It doesn't work that way, and Christians who remain in the Church through it's scandal are not "looking the other way". Tom Petty, whose a genius at what he does for a living, should do a bit of research on Christianity before he decides that we all have it wrong.

It's ironic that you post Petty's comments and then follow that with Barber's comments. If you're interested in Christians with a social justice agenda, I suggest you look here:
http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catholic-social-teaching/

Hit the "issues and action" button. This particular group of Christians does a heck of a lot more to promote social justice than than give speeches on how to spend government money.

When Tom Petty talks about not giving anymore money to the Church, this is what he's talking about starving out.