• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

No Way Back

If someone replies to a post, how can he go directly back to that post and continue on the thread exactly where he left off? This embee sends us to the bottom of that page, from where we have to scroll all the way up until we find what we replied to. On other embees, all we have to do is click twice on the Back arrow (the first click sends you to the text of your reply before you sent it).

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
If someone replies to a post, how can he go directly back to that post and continue on the thread exactly where he left off? This embee sends us to the bottom of that page, from where we have to scroll all the way up until we find what we replied to. On other embees, all we have to do is click twice on the Back arrow (the first click sends you to the text of your reply before you sent it).
There is no "threaded view" setting in this forum.

Jen

Senator
You can't reply to a post unless you click on "reply" and quote it. This is a nice format except that it does not give threaded.

There is no "threaded view" setting in this forum.
So do you also have to scroll up on the page until you find where you left off when you replied? Or do we have to write down the number of that post every time we reply to one?

I'm guessing at what "threaded view" means, which is another example of how anti-social escapist loser programmers don't know how to communicate in plainly understandable English.

Jen

Senator
So do you also have to scroll up on the page until you find where you left off when you replied? Or do we have to write down the number of that post every time we reply to one?

I'm guessing at what "threaded view" means, which is another example of how anti-social escapist loser programmers don't know how to communicate in plainly understandable English.
You hit "reply", @The Sage of Main Street , and you set your alerts to show you where posts are. If you click on the post in your alerts you will go right to that post with no scrolling.

Are you calling me that?
Diploma Dumbos

Only if you defend the uncommunicative language geeks use. No one should respect anyone who is not paid a high student salary. Since a geek freak is so incompetent in English, that lack of intelligence applies to his programming skills, which is what caused Y2K.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Diploma Dumbos

Only if you defend the uncommunicative language geeks use. No one should respect anyone who is not paid a high student salary. Since a geek freak is so incompetent in English, that lack of intelligence applies to his programming skills, which is what caused Y2K.
The term "threaded view" is user friendly. It appears that you are the geek freak in this conversation. I tried to help answer your question and all you wanna do is talk shit. Have a good day.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I want to go back to the post I replied to. The alerts don't show that. If they did, they'd send me to your post on this thread.
If you have read the poster's reply earlier without being logged in... it usually won't show the alert when you do log in.
I am not sure that is what you are wanting answered.. just guessing..

Jen

Senator
I want to go back to the post I replied to. The alerts don't show that. If they did, they'd send me to your post on this thread.
Dave, the owner in 2011, said that "threaded" wasn't important..........back when he switched us to xenforo. He was the owner so we had no say in it. Dave said that the "Reply" thing that quoted the post we were replying to would be better than threaded. It isn't.

This format doesn't do everything we would like it to do, but it is a nice clean format. Until an owner changes it.............it's what we've got .

I prefer to use a dual threaded/flat format but xenforo - or at least this xenforo doesn't have that so we learn to use what we have.

Clicking on the arrow within the quoted post no longer seems to be working. That was the other option.
I never knew about that,
I didn't like threaded and have always just remembered roughly where a post is within a thread ---- annoying if a post has been deleted by 'sender' in the meanwhile but ----

If you have read the poster's reply earlier without being logged in... it usually won't show the alert when you do log in.
I am not sure that is what you are wanting answered.. just guessing..
Most of the Greatest Potential Computer Geniuses Never Get Into Computers, So Why Should We Respect Geeks?

If you wanted to go back to my post you just quoted in order to go directly to the next post after it, which you hadn't read yet, how would you do it, especially since the page may be really long?

Dave, the owner in 2011, said that "threaded" wasn't important..........back when he switched us to xenforo. He was the owner so we had no say in it. Dave said that the "Reply" thing that quoted the post we were replying to would be better than threaded. It isn't.

This format doesn't do everything we would like it to do, but it is a nice clean format. Until an owner changes it.............it's what we've got .

I prefer to use a dual threaded/flat format but xenforo - or at least this xenforo doesn't have that so we learn to use what we have.
"Threaded view" is meaningless Geekese. It should be "Return to where you left off." So that would be #14, since I've obviously already read yours.

The Fact That Geeks Are Freaks Discredits Their Intelligence

A smart user would probably figure out an alternative. For example, on another GeekHead insufficiency, if for some reason I can't get on this embee, I can sometimes Google it, click it on the Google page, and get sent right here.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
I never knew about that,
I didn't like threaded and have always just remembered roughly where a post is within a thread ---- annoying if a post has been deleted by 'sender' in the meanwhile but ----
I like flat with a little box showing the threaded view at the top. I use that when I want to see if someone responded to me but didn't quote me. Here, you can't respond without quoting.
It's all okay.

Never Mind and You Will Never Matter

Jefferson focused on the King in declaring independence. But it was actually the whole British aristocracy that wanted us put in our place, like our own HeirHeads are doing now. The plan, as finally revealed in Mel Gibson's The Patriot, had been to let the lower class come here to pacify and develop the coastal areas so that the younger sons of the lords could come over here and own everything. Imagine, you could have been Duchess of New York.