• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

NY..hunt down the rich...and tax them.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
No shit, Sherlock.

No one said to the contrary. This discussion seems to be over your head.
you're not very bright...

Bugsy McGurk said:
As I’m sure you know, despite pretending to be an absolute moron (at least I think you’re pretending), the Trump/GOP tax scam law punishes Blue staters with a tax hike, providing a huge new incentive to leave.

Meanwhile, the Blue states were already heavily subsidizing the Red states. But leeches always want even more blood.
The Trump Tax Plan did not hike blue state taxes, it changed the State And Local Tax deduction...

The state and local tax (SALT) deduction allows taxpayers of high-tax states to deduct local tax payments on their federal tax returns. The new tax plan signed by President Trump, called the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, instituted a cap on the SALT deduction. Starting with the 2018 tax year, the maximum SALT deduction available is $10,000. Previously, there was no limit.

and...

With the deduction for state and local taxes, the federal government is effectively subsidizing high earners in high-productivity states and cities. (Any deduction the federal government offers is a subsidy.) As you might expect, wealthy residents of wealthy states are most likely to pay state and local taxes. They also tend to have the highest average SALT deductions. According to the Tax Foundation, people with incomes over $100,000 receive more than 88% of SALT deduction benefits.

So, by limiting the SALT deduction, the federal government has stopped subsidizing rich people. I thought hitting rich people where they hurt was what liberals like you wanted.

freyasman

Senator
How should we pay for the national defense and interest on the debt?

Voluntary contributions, perhaps?
https://www.amazon.com/War-Racket-Original-Smedley-Butler/dp/1939438586/ref=asc_df_1939438586/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312168414377&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6957458799569875479&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061127&hvtargid=pla-567448420790&psc=1
Don't ask me a damn thing until you have read this.

Actually, just don't ask me anything.... I'm not the fuckface whisperer.

Bugsy McGurk

President
you're not very bright...

The Trump Tax Plan did not hike blue state taxes, it changed the State And Local Tax deduction...

The state and local tax (SALT) deduction allows taxpayers of high-tax states to deduct local tax payments on their federal tax returns. The new tax plan signed by President Trump, called the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, instituted a cap on the SALT deduction. Starting with the 2018 tax year, the maximum SALT deduction available is $10,000. Previously, there was no limit.

and...

With the deduction for state and local taxes, the federal government is effectively subsidizing high earners in high-productivity states and cities. (Any deduction the federal government offers is a subsidy.) As you might expect, wealthy residents of wealthy states are most likely to pay state and local taxes. They also tend to have the highest average SALT deductions. According to the Tax Foundation, people with incomes over $100,000 receive more than 88% of SALT deduction benefits.

So, by limiting the SALT deduction, the federal government has stopped subsidizing rich people. I thought hitting rich people where they hurt was what liberals like you wanted.
Again, nobody said the Trump/GOP tax scam law hiked state taxes.

And as I repeatedly noted above, that tax scam law provided a financial bonanza to the fatcats.

Try to pay attention.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Again, nobody said the Trump/GOP tax scam law hiked state taxes.

And as I repeatedly noted above, that tax scam law provided a financial bonanza to the fatcats.

Try to pay attention.
My God you're stupid...

by limiting the SALT deduction, the federal government has stopped subsidizing rich people.

This did not HELP rich people, it hurt them. They are now limited in their SALT deductions. How is that 'a financial bonanza to the fatcats', you incredible moron?

Bugsy McGurk

President
My God you're stupid...

by limiting the SALT deduction, the federal government has stopped subsidizing rich people.

This did not HELP rich people, it hurt them. They are now limited in their SALT deductions. How is that 'a financial bonanza to the fatcats', you incredible moron?
This was discussed at length above. I explained it three times. You should pay attention and read the thread instead of spending all that time typing rants.