• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

NYT headline

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I agree, it is grossly hypocritical. There is no attempt to forestall...it is the clear calling out of a gross miss characterization of reality. You interpret one way...I another... I'm confident that mine doesn't emanate from some need to defend a side..but from that of decency.. standing on the dead to soap box is deplorable.
It would be “deplorable” if it were a one tome occurrence. That tortured deaths are treated as a stock ticker...a regular body count repeatedly, day over day... that’s not merely deplorable, that’s evil. That is sacrificing one’s humanity inservice to political party. I never did body counts when Bush was president and I never did them when Obama was president. Normal, decent, well-adjusted folks weren’t raised that way.

And one cannot debate and persuade a maggot into humanity. They fester and writhe in decay and waste. It is their habitat. And they love it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
To each their own...but filth is filth. Like the paedo posts. .I don't give a shit ones politic.. embroiling kids in that sort of 'politics' is disgusting.

I think I saw earlier in this thread an attempt to make this exercise a ok..because the nyt has lots of pulitzers... As thought they're the focal point.
There is no shaming the shameless. Like I always say, these guys are all TRUMP. They are just like the guy they hate. They hate him so much they emulate him.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I'm done with the critiquing presidents with how much they play golf.

Obama played a ton of golf, many Conservatives b*tched and said he doesn't care about what's going on, and Democrats said "ho hum".

Now Trump plays lots of golf, many Democrats b*tch and say he doesn't care about what's going on, and Conservatives are saying "ho hum".

Every leader needs to get away from the office. Every person needs time to unwind. Whether it's reading a book, watching a TV show, hitting the gym, or golfing... I want leaders to be mentally healthy.

Philfish is correct though, this NYT attempt is dispicable. Whoever made this atrocity is a horrible person for being so cold and insinuating such horrible things.

BobbyT

Governor
I agree, it is grossly hypocritical. There is no attempt to forestall...it is the clear calling out of a gross miss characterization of reality. You interpret one way...I another... I'm confident that mine doesn't emanate from some need to defend a side..but from that of decency.. standing on the dead to soap box is deplorable.
Not always. Sometimes illustrating the consequences of inaction or the wrong action is the best way to demonstrate the importance of, and therefore to effect, change. When it's deplorable is when its used as in the stupid endless Benghazi hearings, where nothing could have been done differently after the fact to resurrect those lives lost. Right now, however, there is a (vanishingly slim) possibility that Donald could change his direction and save lives that will otherwise be lost to the pandemic in the future. He could, for example, set (and follow and promote) national policies about social distancing and when reopenings should happen based upon sound medical, not potential reelection, reasons. He could stand in solidarity with all the governors rather than promoting unsafe insurrections against a (Democratic) subset of them and leveraging the disaffection with the (federally recommended) distancing and shutdown policies. He could set a positive example by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing and use his example to promote these actions by the citizenry rather than sending mixed messages about their importance. His utter lack of leadership in all these areas, and shameless politicization of the pandemic, is increasing the death toll. He needs to know that.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not always. Sometimes illustrating the consequences of inaction or the wrong action is the best way to demonstrate the importance of, and therefore to effect, change. When it's deplorable is when its used as in the stupid endless Benghazi hearings, where nothing could have been done differently after the fact to resurrect those lives lost. Right now, however, there is a (vanishingly slim) possibility that Donald could change his direction and save lives that will otherwise be lost to the pandemic in the future. He could, for example, set (and follow and promote) national policies about social distancing and when reopenings should happen based upon sound medical, not potential reelection, reasons. He could stand in solidarity with all the governors rather than promoting unsafe insurrections against a (Democratic) subset of them and leveraging the disaffection with the (federally recommended) distancing and shutdown policies. He could set a positive example by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing and use his example to promote these actions by the citizenry rather than sending mixed messages about their importance. His utter lack of leadership in all these areas, and shameless politicization of the pandemic, is increasing the death toll. He needs to know that.
Well. We all know 'utter' is untrue.

He was found to be wearing a mask..'behibd the scenes'..is that good? No. He is tested virtually daily, as are staff. Yes? So... utterly..is an untruth

Is there federal guidance. Yes. Is the cdc and other national agencies awash with information? Yes.

Did federal agencies act early? Yes. it is a fact that early March there was travel guidance and restrictions enacted. So, again ..utter..is untrue

These are significant times..is he the significant guy to rise up to the moment? No way in hell.

But ..are we all three?? No one in this nation can act or think without word from on high? No. And we know this because every governor asserts when it favors. So. The gamesmanship carries through it all.

To pretend otherwise is..being no better than he

BobbyT

Governor
Well. We all know 'utter' is untrue.

He was found to be wearing a mask..'behibd the scenes'..is that good? No. He is tested virtually daily, as are staff. Yes? So... utterly..is an untruth

Is there federal guidance. Yes. Is the cdc and other national agencies awash with information? Yes.

Did federal agencies act early? Yes. it is a fact that early March there was travel guidance and restrictions enacted. So, again ..utter..is untrue

These are significant times..is he the significant guy to rise up to the moment? No way in hell.

But ..are we all three?? No one in this nation can act or think without word from on high? No. And we know this because every governor asserts when it favors. So. The gamesmanship carries through it all.

To pretend otherwise is..being no better than he
LOL, "he was found to be wearing a mask ..... behind the scenes." Oh yeah boy, there's an example -- wearing a mask is so emasculating that he refuses to do so on camera. I'm sure that's convincing to those he's already demonstrated his disdain for wearing masks to.

Again, Donald has been politicizing this from the get-go. He's politicizing it now to urge citizens to protest against their governors. In the meantime, we are all acting and thinking without "word from on high" aren't we because the idiot occupying "on high" is as useless as tits on a boar hog. His uselessness is contributing to the numbers of deaths. We're not going to stop saying that even when you make the disgusting accusation that saying so is tantamount to celebrating deaths.

Everyone I've ever known, bar absolutely none, is better than he.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, "he was found to be wearing a mask ..... behind the scenes." Oh yeah boy, there's an example -- wearing a mask is so emasculating that he refuses to do so on camera. I'm sure that's convincing to those he's already demonstrated his disdain for wearing masks to.

Again, Donald has been politicizing this from the get-go. He's politicizing it now to urge citizens to protest against their governors. In the meantime, we are all acting and thinking without "word from on high" aren't we because the idiot occupying "on high" is as useless as tits on a boar hog. His uselessness is contributing to the numbers of deaths. We're not going to stop saying that even when you make the disgusting accusation that saying so is tantamount to celebrating deaths.

Everyone I've ever known, bar absolutely none, is better than he.
Agree on that last. And? Why skip the rest?

BobbyT

Governor
Agree on that last. And? Why skip the rest?
Because if the guy at the top is encouraging people to disbelieve what's coming out of the CDC and ignore his own federal guidelines, and his supporters act on that encouragement (as they are), they put all of us at greater risk.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
View attachment 52183

This is what you get when you vote (R)
The Times also said Hillary would beat Trump.

The New York Times' editorial board on Saturday endorsed Hillary Clinton and John Kasich for the Democratic and Republican presidential nominations, a potential boost for the candidates two days ...
New York Times endorses Hillary Clinton, John Kasich for ...

www.cnn.com/2016/01/30/politics/new-york-times-endorses-hillary-clinton/index.html

The times has been known to be wrong.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Allow me to comment for the people who are too slow to realize it.

The New York Times has recieved 130 more Pulitzer Prize awards than the sum of those recieved by every single right wing kook site used by the righties here that is listed in my siggie.

Don't care.

Joseph Pulitzer (/ˈpʊlɪtsər/ PUUL-it-sər;[2] Hungarian: [ˈpulit͡sɛr]; born József Pulitzer;[a] April 10, 1847 – October 29, 1911) was a newspaper publisher of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and the New York World. He became a leading national figure in the Democratic Party and was elected congressman from New York. He crusaded against big business and corruption, and helped keep the Statue of Liberty in New York.
The Pulitzer has partisan history.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Because if the guy at the top is encouraging people to disbelieve what's coming out of the CDC and ignore his own federal guidelines, and his supporters act on that encouragement (as they are), they put all of us at greater risk.
Do you follow his direction?