• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama Goes AWOL Again- Plane Crash- Fund Raiser & Jokes

BRU

Mayor
President Barack Obama provoked fury in the U.S. on Thursday by casually devoting less than a minute to the deaths of 295 people aboard a Malaysian airliner, as he began an often jokey 16-minute speech about the need to expand America’s transportation infrastructure.

Plane shot down? Possible lost American lives? ....oh ho hum....Next stop: fundraiser! Gotta give those 30 supporters their money worth ($32,400 each)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696366/It-looks-like-terrible-tragedy-Obama-briefly-addresses-Malaysian-plane-crash-emerges-23-U-S-passengers-board.html

Who is surprised? .....

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I wonder what would have to happen to convince the White House to cancel fundraisers?
Perhaps a disaster inside the United States.

What exactly would you like to see him say and do?

Caroljo

Senator
Obama is such an embarassment! Hell, when Benghazi happened, he took off the next morning for Vegas to campaign...there's nothing more important to him than raising money and having his face out there, it's all about him.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Obama is such an embarassment! Hell, when Benghazi happened, he took off the next morning for Vegas to campaign...there's nothing more important to him than raising money and having his face out there, it's all about him.
Why do cons believe the world should wait for the President?

It's a very bad world and one can spend all of their time trying to do...what exactly?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Oh you mean like the “urgent humanitarian situation ” at our border? That's what he called it but errr...eh... Where's Obama? Fundraising of course.
Great.

Again...what is it you believe the President SHOULD do?

I mean...we have a video of another President visiting the border...and we see folks illegally jumping as the President speaks.

So...what exactly should the President be doing?

BRU

Mayor
Why do cons believe the world should wait for the President?

It's a very bad world and one can spend all of their time trying to do...what exactly?
do what exactly? How about acting like he gives a shit? How about showing as much interest in what is going on in the world as he does raising money at fundraisers and golfing?

In the past month alone, the U.S. has faced twin civil wars in Iraq and Syria, renewed fighting between Israel and the Palestinians, an electoral crisis in Afghanistan and ethnic strife on the edge of Russia, in Ukraine.

Off center stage, but high on the minds of U.S. officials, are growing fears that negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program could collapse this month, and that China is intensifying its territorial claims in East Asia.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/obama-contends-with-arc-of-instability-unseen-since-70s-1405297479

Obama said these crisis are relying on U.S. leadership So where's the leadership? It damn sure isn't at a fundraiser or on a golf course.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
do what exactly? How about acting like he gives a shit? How about showing as much interest in what is going on in the world as he does raising money at fundraisers and golfing?

In the past month alone, the U.S. has faced twin civil wars in Iraq and Syria, renewed fighting between Israel and the Palestinians, an electoral crisis in Afghanistan and ethnic strife on the edge of Russia, in Ukraine.

Off center stage, but high on the minds of U.S. officials, are growing fears that negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program could collapse this month, and that China is intensifying its territorial claims in East Asia.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/obama-contends-with-arc-of-instability-unseen-since-70s-1405297479

Obama said these crisis are relying on U.S. leadership So where's the leadership? It damn sure isn't at a fundraiser or on a golf course.
Golf? Really?

So...you don't have any idea of what he should do...You simply don't like the man.

BRU

Mayor
Golf? Really?

So...you don't have any idea of what he should do...You simply don't like the man.
Yeah Golf...to the tune of 178 rounds
There are a whole slew of things he should do or should have done. With regard to Russia he should have revived the plan to put anti ballistic missile defenses in Poland and the Czech. How about approving the Keystone pipeline?

I could go on all day with this crisis by crisis; but unfortunately or should I say fortunately I have a job to get to.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Yeah Golf...to the tune of 178 rounds
There are a whole slew of things he should do or should have done. With regard to Russia he should have revived the plan to put anti ballistic missile defenses in Poland and the Czech. How about approving the Keystone pipeline?

I could go on all day with this crisis by crisis; but unfortunately or should I say fortunately I have a job to get to.

Yeah...a round of golf once every two weeks. Scandalous!!!

Keystone Pipeline? Talk to Nebraska.

Bottom line: You don't have a one single idea of the action you wish the President had taken in the case of the downed Malaysian airliner. Anti missile defenses in Poland...are of no use in Ukraine. The Keystone pipeline is of no value in the Malaysian airline tragedy.

So yeah, you could conflate issues all day long...but still never once tell me what you think the President should have done in regard the Malaysian airliner.

Last edited:

Barbella

Senator
Yeah...a round of golf once every two weeks. Scandalous!!!

Keystone Pipeline? Talk to Nebraska.

Bottom line: You don't have a one single idea of the action you wish the President had taken in the case of the downed Malaysian airliner. Anti missile defenses in Poland...are of no use in Ukraine. The Keystone pipeline is of no value in the Malaysian airline tragedy.

So yeah, you could conflate issues all day long...but still never once tell me what you think the President should have done in regard the Malaysian airliner.
You know.... I've read many, MANY remarks on the 'net... twitter, facebook, google etc..... so far, I haven't found ONE that glosses over Obama's lack of decorum like you do. People can't believe his bizarre disconnect from reality... you're the ONLY one who condones it.

THAT'S bizarre.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
You know.... I've read many, MANY remarks on the 'net... twitter, facebook, google etc..... so far, I haven't found ONE that glosses over Obama's lack of decorum like you do. People can't believe his bizarre disconnect from reality... you're the ONLY one who condones it.

THAT'S bizarre.
We've already discussed your warped perception.

Where did I condone his behavior? In my defense of his golf? You can easily find others who do not share your's and Bru's offense at his golf playing. One is George W. Bush. Those who somehow believe Obama is constantly playing golf...or believe he can't be reached while doing so are a tad unhinged. If he acts, you hate him. If he doesn't, you hate him. If he breathes, you hate him. Ho hum.

The rest is my inquiring as to the constant bitching crew...what is it you think he should do? Again...this fake concern of yours over every single issue in the WORLD, is nonsensical. What should Obama DO in re: the Malaysian airliner? Nothing. Nothing whatsoever. That's what. He recognized the tragedy and moved on. Did you want him to breakdown and weep? Maybe he should bomb somebody. That would be strong, right? That would show 'em, amirite?

What will a trip to the border change? Will Boehner suddenly take up S.744 and help solve the problem if Obama goes to McAllen?

It's just another day of the same...the right bitches about any and everything and offers no solutions. I ask...point blank and directly...what solutions do you offer? Are you under the impression that any of these issues would be solved by canceling a fund raiser? Or by giving a longer talk on the disaster? Oh my...he spent just 38 seconds speaking about it! Is there anything the right will not complain about?

Last edited:

Barbella

Senator
We've already discussed your warped perception.

Where did I condone his behavior? In my defense of his golf? You can easily find others who do not share your's and Bru's offense at his golf playing. One is George W. Bush. Those who somehow believe Obama is constantly playing golf...or believe he can't be reached while doing so. If he acts, you hate him. If he doesn't, you hate him. If he breathes, you hate him. Ho hum.

The rest is my inquiring as to the constant bitching crew...what is it you think he should do? Again...this fake concern of yours over every single issue in the WORLD, is nonsensical. What should Obama DO in re: the Malaysian airliner? Nothing. Nothing whatsoever. That's what. He recognized the tragedy and moved on. Did you want him to breakdown and weep? Maybe he should bomb somebody. That would be strong, right? That would show 'em, amirite?

What will a trip to the border change? Will Boehner suddenly take up S.744 and help solve the problem if Obama goes to McAllen?

It's just another day of the same...the right bitches about any and everything and offers no solutions. I ask...point blank and directly...what solutions do you offer? Are you under the impression that any of these issues would be solved by canceling a fund raiser? Or by giving a longer talk on the disaster? Oh my...he spent just 38 seconds speaking about it! Is there anything the right will not complain about?
Speaking of "warped"... that would be YOU. You actually, really, truly can't see anything wrong with ANYONE, least of all a PRESIDENT, joking and laughing seconds after learning of the murder of 300 people?

Bizarre.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Speaking of "warped"... that would be YOU. You actually, really, truly can't see anything wrong with ANYONE, least of all a PRESIDENT, joking and laughing seconds after learning of the murder of 300 people?

Bizarre.

I see you need to make it about me instead of the failure of anyone to even begin to offer a solution to any of the issues you are so outraged about. Yesterday it was Nigeria, today it's a Malaysian airliner. Tomorrow it will be something else...and again you will go off on Obama...and again I will ask...what is you believe he should do. And again you will not have an answer.

Some people are really good at compartmentalizing. Recently, there was a thread where folks said they surely did not want an emotional President. Yet...it seems you do want an emotional President, a person who would be so upset by an event across the world that they could not continue to function normally. That all other concerns must stop while we mourn for...how long? A day? a hour? A week? How long should one refrain from making jokes?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I wonder what would have to happen to convince the White House to cancel fundraisers?
Yeah....why the hell hasn't the President traveled to the Ukraine to visit the crash site....or at least fly over...like Bush would have.....

Obama spoke about the crash immediately...Reagan didn't respond to the September 1st shootdown of KAL 007 until September 5th....

Barbella

Senator
I see you need to make it about me instead of the failure of anyone to even begin to offer a solution to any of the issues you are so outraged about. Yesterday it was Nigeria, today it's a Malaysian airliner. Tomorrow it will be something else...and again you will go off on Obama...and again I will ask...what is you believe he should do. And again you will not have an answer.

Some people are really good at compartmentalizing. Recently, there was a thread where folks said they surely did not want an emotional President. Yet...it seems you do want an emotional President, a person who would be so upset by an event across the world that they could not continue to function normally. That all other concerns must stop while we mourn for...how long? A day? a hour? A week? How long should one refrain from making jokes?
Do you make jokes when you witness a car accident where people died? You go "oh, well, that's horrible... oh, did you hear the one about the three shepherds?"

That's about what Obama did, and you can't see anything wrong with it? Like I said... simply bizarre.