• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama has been president for 3 years

mark14

Council Member
No. it is shared with the Republican Senators who have said no, too often successfully, to almost everything Obama has proposed since he was elected. Still we are much better off than we would have been with McCain and what's her name.

Jen

Senator
See......the way it works, lupe, is that Obama takes the credit due; Bush takes the blame.

That's the way they see it anyway.

Council Member
So far everything has been Bush's fault.. Is it still Bush's fault that we finally had a little job growth?
No, since we were losing jobs at a growing rate that went on for 6 months after Obama took over. We will give him the 3.5 million jobs that belong to bush to be added to his clever little lets just ruin the country as I leave for the next guy.

But job growth, no those words and Bush just don't match up.

Council Member
See......the way it works, lupe, is that Obama takes the credit due; Bush takes the blame.

That's the way they see it anyway.
Jen How else should one take it? We have 8 million less people paying to our govt from Bush. we have a military that is costing us double what it was when bush took over. We have a 200,000 member homeland security agency. and we are collecting like 1.3 trillion less.

He left us with a banking system that was on tilt. He left us with a real estate downturn that was massive and you want to blame Obama, good job trying to do this. What do you want to give bush credit for during Obama's first three years.

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
I say we just do away with America, make Obama King, and then the left will shut up.
isn't obama already proposing that? Doesn't he want to do away with congress? I hate congress as much as the next guy but you can just get rid of them , if he said he was going to jail or hang a few of them for treason I'd be cool with that , but not just a blanket firing:)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. A new president has limited tools he can use to spur the economy. Reagan took office and the republicans complained about the "Carter Economy" that he had inherited. The unemployment rate was 7%. Reagan said he needed massive tax cuts to turn things around. He got them and they went into effect in 1982. By November of 1982 the unemployment rate had climbed to 10.8%. You guys were still saying that it was Carter's fault. The unemployment rate did not return to 7% until 1986 and the bad was Carter's fault and the good was Reagan's tax cuts. Few republicans pointed to the increase in the deficit spending that tripled the national debt....
2. I can list the Bush policies that pushed the economy over the edge. Bush's administration saw the loss of 750,000 jobs in just the last 30 days and turned over an 8.2% unemployment rate to Obama. Those are the facts. Bush had 8 years to enact those policies that suddenly showed up in December of 2007 as having created a disaster. It wasn't legislation or executive action that killed the economy in one year. It took a number of things over 6 or 7 years that made it as bad as it was.
3. The trend from 2006 thru 2009 was extremely negative. What did Bush do that suddenly kicked in this year to turn thigns around? Obama's stimulus and tax cuts served to soften the damage done to the economy.

You seem to think that the day a president takes office all things that happen belong to him, for good or bad. That works for you guys because Clinton turned over a 4.5% unemployment rate and a budget surplus....so Bush gets credit for something he didn't do....If you guys do acknowledge an economic problem in 2001 you blame Clinton or 911...but the fact is that the unemployment rate was still pretty mild in 2002.