• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation'

its hard to read this sort of garbage without bursting into laughter.

if obama had said "christians built the fabric of this nation" it would have been closer to the truth, but many democrats would have pilloried him for it.

we are a secular nation. the people of all faiths - and no faith at all - who built it should be praised for their hard work, intelligence, risk taking, and perseverence - not for the accident of what faith they were born into.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious, but does anyone know how many of the Founding Fathers, the men who made the 'fabric of our nation' were Muslim? How many Muslims fought in the Revolutionary War? The Civil War?
dont think he said they founded our nation... but contributed to its fabric..

muslims do live here in america, no? as to christians? and persons of all race and heritage... German, Jew, Muslim, Pole, Irish, Serb, Croat, Indian, Sudanese, Inuit, and so on... each in their living , working, and functioning within our society....contribute to the 'fabric'... as do you, and I, and everyone else in this thread..

that's what he meant, dont you think???

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
dont think he said they founded our nation... but contributed to its fabric....
In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.
I wonder if someone would care to point out, with links, the 'many achievements and contributions of Muslims Americans to building the very fabric of our nation'?

Anyone?

Bo-4

Senator
I wonder if someone would care to point out, with links, the 'many achievements and contributions of Muslims Americans to building the very fabric of our nation'?

Anyone?
<CHOP> MOD EDIT :) PF WUZ HERE

BACKGROUNDER: THE PRESIDENT'S QUOTES ON ISLAM

In the President George W Bush's Words: Respecting Islam

The United States is a nation dedicated to religious tolerance and freedom, and President Bush has acted to ensure that the world's Muslims know that America appreciates and celebrates the traditions of Islam.

• "Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."
    Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
    The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
    December 5, 2002

• "Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance."
    Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
    The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
    December 5, 2002

• "America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."
    Presidential Message Eid al-Fitr
    December 5, 2002

• "Islam brings hope and comfort to millions of people in my country, and to more than a billion people worldwide. Ramadan is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefited mankind."
    President's Eid al-Fitr Greeting to Muslims around the World
    December 4, 2002

• "Ours is a war not against a religion, not against the Muslim faith. But ours is a war against individuals who absolutely hate what America stands for, and hate the freedom of the Czech Republic. And therefore, we must work together to defend ourselves. And by remaining strong and united and tough, we'll prevail."

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Anyone?

do you contribute to the fabric of our nation?

Did you know Jefferson owned a quran? borrowed from Locke, etc...?

my work here is done.

Zam-Zam

Senator
There ya go. Hussein praising his people yet again.

Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation'
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/28/Obama-Celebrates-Muslim-Contributions-to-the-USA

That's not exactly what he said.

According to the story, he thanked Muslims for their achievements and contributions
to the building of the fabric of our nation. There's a subtle distinction there, and it's important. His statement is fair.

The President was doing what all politicians, liberal or conservative, do; he was pandering. There is much we can legitimately criticize this President and his administration for, but this isn't one of them.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Marcus Aurelius said:

Anyone?
do you contribute to the fabric of our nation?

Did you know Jefferson owned a quran? borrowed from Locke, etc...?

my work here is done.
if by 'work', you mean avoiding the question, yes, it's done.

The fact Jefferson owned a Koran is immaterial. I own a Buddhist prayer flag. Does that have anything to do with any contributions to the building of the fabric of our nation by any Buddhists?

In any case, as someone once said... 'WHat does such a reply have to do with the question i asked.'

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
if by 'work', you mean avoiding the question, yes, it's done.

The fact Jefferson owned a Koran is immaterial. I own a Buddhist prayer flag. Does that have anything to do with any contributions to the building of the fabric of our nation by any Buddhists?

In any case, as someone once said... 'WHat does such a reply have to do with the question i asked.'

I think if you allow yourself the grasp of the concept that the fabric of our nation isnt a static thing...from the 'founding fathers' ..then the meaning of what muslims contribute, like anyone else contributes., is easily grasped..

Bo-4

Senator
That's not exactly what he said.

According to the story, he thanked Muslims for their achievements and contributions
to the building of the fabric of our nation. There's a subtle distinction there, and it's important. His statement is fair.

The President was doing what all politicians, liberal or conservative, do; he was pandering. There is much we can legitimately criticize this President and his administration for, but this isn't one of them.
For anyone interested, Muslims have made major contributions to this country.

http://www.islam101.com/history/muslim_us_hist.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_scientists

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I think if you allow yourself the grasp of the concept that the fabric of our nation isnt a static thing...from the 'founding fathers' ..then the meaning of what muslims contribute, like anyone else contributes., is easily grasped..
Then it should be easy to list some of the contributions, right? Hell, a few links alone would suffice.