• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama OWNS it... not Bush, not the GOP, not high tide, not a full moon....

Barbella

Senator
Obama. And, good for Perry....
“I appreciate the offer to greet you at Austin-Bergstrom Airport," Perry wrote in a letter to Obama published by the Austin American-Statesman, "but a quick handshake on the tarmac will not allow for a thoughtful discussion regarding the humanitarian and national security crises enveloping the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas."
"For over two years, we've drawn the attention of this issue to this administration," Perry said. "As a matter of fact, in May of 2012, we sent a letter, laid out what was happening with the unaccompanied minors that were showing up at the border. And we told them, we said, 'If you do not address this, here is what's going to happen.' And we're seeing that become reality today. This is a failure of diplomacy. It is a failure of leadership."

Perry added: "I don't believe he particularly cares whether or not the border of the United States is secure."
http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-declines-offer-to-meet-obama-at-airport-130113226.html

4/15

Mayor
For my money it is Obama who sees perry for what he is, scum. The republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund immigration so put the onus where it hangs, reptiles!

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
For my money it is Obama who sees perry for what he is, scum. The republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund immigration so put the onus where it hangs, reptiles!
Why do the Republicans need to do anything? How many more times do we need to do this?
Since the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, Congress has passed seven amnesties:

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for over 2.7 million illegal aliens

2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens

3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994

4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America

5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti

6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens

7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Immigration Bill Gives New Legals $3,000 Hiring Edge

Under the immigration reform bill, some employers would have an incentive of up to $3,000 per year to hire a newly legalized immigrant over a U.S. citizen.

In avoiding one controversy — the cost of providing millions of newly legalized immigrants with ObamaCare subsidies — the Senate "Gang of Eight" may have risked walking into another.

The bipartisan legislation released Wednesday dictates that those granted provisional legal immigrant status would be treated the same as those "not lawfully present" are treated under the 2010 health law.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/041713-652257-immigration-reform-meets-obamacare-employer-mandate.htm#ixzz36xfxXB6u
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

at the stroke of obama's pen illegals have been given preferential treatment over an American citizen

UPNYA2

Mayor
Why is it so many of you tough talking dems/libs on here struggle so with actually stating what it is you are fighting for so?

You say, "The republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund immigration so put the onus where it hangs, reptile!."......

Read that again now, carefully...."The republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund immigration....."

Once again, to be perfectly clear; "...to fund immigration..."

HUH??? What in the livin' hell is THAT supposed to mean, sport? We HAVE "immigration" funded. We have Looong ago funded "immigration". Our funded "immigration" involves those law(s) that these invaders that you are championing knowingly chose to break, skippy.

Look, we ALL know what YOU are ACTUALLY crying about, why act so ashamed to just come out and say it, why try to convince everyone it is something it obviously is NOT? Stop doing that. It makes you come across as knowing that whet you want is wrong but you feel obliged to fight for it anyway.

Why not just say that it hurts you to know that the republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund this invasion of the US?

Why not just say that it hurts you to know that the republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund the importation of another generation of a di m "victimhood" voter base?

Why not just say that it hurts you to know that the republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund the hurried "browning" of this evil, "too white" US?

Why not just say that it hurts you to know that the republicans have not passed a bill in the house to fund the dragging of the US down to 3rd word status as we "deserve"?

As I said, we ALL know that there are any number of actual reasons libs are so gung-ho to fight against their fellow US citizens and for invading criminals, we know it as well as you guys do, so why not just TRY to salvage one redeeming trait and at least be honest and open about your motives.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Personally, I believe when you're in charge, you're in charge. If you're talking about the last guy/gal who was in charge or making excuses, that's not leadership.
I am sure the right will never mention Obama after January 20, 2016.

Some circumstances are larger than one leader.

Here we see the efficacy of a President visiting the border:

Zam-Zam

Senator

If they do, shame on them.Shame on those who are doing it now.

It comes with the job. Harry Truman said "The buck stops here." No less true today.

This President had a chance to put his face on this, to step up and let the people of the Rio Grande Valley know he stood with them. He declined to do so. What other presidents did or did not do is irrelevant.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

If they do, shame on them.Shame on those who are doing it now.

It comes with the job. Harry Truman said "The buck stops here." No less true today.

This President had a chance to put his face on this, to step up and let the people of the Rio Grande Valley know he stood with them. He declined to do so. What other presidents did or did not do is irrelevant.
The fact is, again, the problem is larger than one man. The buck may stop, but the situation isn't going to. I guarantee people will be blaming Obama for the failures of the next President...and the one after that...and the one after that, just as the right still blames Carter at every opportunity.

Politics is not business; The President is not a CEO. If Obama acts, you all call him a dictator and a tyrant. If he doesn't act to your satisfaction, y'all screech for impeachment. There are laws in place. The fact that Bush signed them is something you do not want to discuss. Of course. It's a ping pong game that exists in the minds of the right; Obama is both a mean and ruthless tyrant and a feckless, irresponsible child incapable of leading. It's amazing that Obama lives solely on the extremes of the right wing mind.

Some here are lambasting Obama for not visiting the border. I've shown the efficacy of such a visit to be non existent.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The fact is, again, the problem is larger than one man. The buck may stop, but the situation isn't going to. I guarantee people will be blaming Obama for the failures of the next President...and the one after that...and the one after that, just as the right still blames Carter at every opportunity.

Politics is not business; The President is not a CEO. If Obama acts, you all call him a dictator and a tyrant. If he doesn't act to your satisfaction, y'all screech for impeachment. There are laws in place. The fact that Bush signed them is something you do not want to discuss. Of course. It's a ping pong game that exists in the minds of the right; Obama is both a mean and ruthless tyrant and a feckless, irresponsible child incapable of leading. It's amazing that Obama lives solely on the extremes of the right wing mind.

Some here are lambasting Obama for not visiting the border. I've shown the efficacy of such a visit to be non existent.

Excuses don't feed the bulldog.

He's the President.

Time to step up.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Excuses don't feed the bulldog.

He's the President.

Time to step up.
What is the solution oh great simplistic one?

Have an interview with the major media while folks climb over fences? Nuke Honduras? Executive Act E-Verify and shut down businesses that hire illegals?

I get sick of the complaints that never....ever offer the slightest solution. There are laws; the highest murder rate in the world is in Honduras.

Step up how?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Yes, oOoOps Perry is running for president again. He also knows ALL about this law. You shouldn't buy his play stupid routine. ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/02/immigration-obama-deportation-children-border/11915723/
It's a fascinating argument the right puts forth.

They claim he's a terrible dictator who doesn't care about the US, then they demand he violate laws and be a dictator. The whine because he isn't violating these laws.

It's comical.

Barbella

Senator
What is the solution oh great simplistic one?

Have an interview with the major media while folks climb over fences? Nuke Honduras? Executive Act E-Verify and shut down businesses that hire illegals?

I get sick of the complaints that never....ever offer the slightest solution. There are laws; the highest murder rate in the world is in Honduras.

Step up how?
Fine all employers who hire illegal aliens. Fine them big... and give the fine $ to those who report these people.

Wanna BET that would make a big dent in the number of illegals in this country?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Fine all employers who hire illegal aliens. Fine them big... and give the fine $ to those who report these people.

Wanna BET that would make a big dent in the number of illegals in this country?
I have long advocated that business that hires illegals be shut down and have their tax id, licenses and charters removed. It is an obvious component of any true solution to illegal immigration.

However, one of the problems with the current event is that our laws against human trafficking move these children, particularly those from Honduras, who aren't being employed by anyone at this time, into the category of refugees.