• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama's friends and contributers

Jen

Senator
Is anyone at all concerned about the type of people that President Obama is taking campaign money from?

Where is our Attorney General in the issue of the Black Panthers having a bounty on Zimmerman's head?

1] Spike Lee............ sends out a tweet with some old peoples' address and tells Black Panthers and others to go to that address to "voice their opinion" about the Trayvon murder. Puts a BOUNTY on the head of Zimmerman. AND he is a contributor to Obama.

2] Bill Maher........... calls conservative women names that I can't even write here. And gives a million dollars to Obama. And nobody says anything about his name calling.

Obama tells conservatives to be "civil". But his campaign donors need not worry about being civil at all.

Now THAT is JACKED UP if you ask me.

degsme

Council Member
Is anyone at all concerned about the type of people that President Obama is taking campaign money from?
Less so than the folks that are contributing to Gingrich and Romney and Santorum. These are heavily religious fanatics and not a cross section of the American public

Where is our Attorney General in the issue of the Black Panthers having a bounty on Zimmerman's head?
What role does the Department of Justice have in a state judicial matter?

1] Spike Lee............ sends out a tweet with some old peoples' address and tells Black Panthers and others to go to that address to "voice their opinion" about the Trayvon murder. Puts a BOUNTY on the head of Zimmerman. AND he is a contributor to Obama.
Yes and? Spike Lee is an outspoken advocate of minority rights. And all he is asking is that people VOICE THEIR 1ST AMENDMENT PROTECTED OPINION.

Your link makes ZERO mentionof Splie Lee as "putting a bounty on the head of Zimmerman. So once again, YOU ARE MAKING SH!T UP.

2] Bill Maher........... calls conservative women names that I can't even write here. And gives a million dollars to Obama. And nobody says anything about his name calling.
And again you "make sh!t up". Maher has been challenged EVEN ON HIS OWN SHOW by his own guests for his derogatory comments.
But HE HAS NOT LIED about his political targets.

LIMBAUGH LIED about what Fluke said. What part of LYING do you not get as being worse?
Limbaugh also abused a 13yo PRIVATE GIRL on national TV. What part about child abuse do you not get?

Obama tells conservatives to be "civil". But his campaign donors need not worry about being civil at all.
REally? How is it "uncivil" to ask for people to exercise their 1st amendment rights and VOICE THEIR OPINION

As compared to what you just did in lying about Spike Lee putting a bounty on Zimmerman's head?

Yes, your dishonesty is pretty JACKED UP.

Jen

Senator
Interesting that you talk about everything except Obama accepting money/ presents from a person who calls for protests in a little old white couple's yard AND from someone else who calls conservative women nasty names.

And while I'm at it let me ask you this: Why do you think Spike Lee expects his apology should fly (when he caused a little old white couple to have to flee their home) when nobody on the left would accept Rush Limbaugh's apology?

You never cease to amuse, degs. I am certain you will have some wonderfully irrelevant answer to this question too.
Lubs ya!!
<3

degsme

Council Member
Aww.. Jen dislikes my post.. of course she makes no attempt to dispute that she is being dishonest about linking Spike Lee to the Bounty on Zimmerman's head
And she makes no attempt to demonstrate that Maher has NOT been called out for his misogynistic comments
and she makes NO attempt to explain where Maher LIED the way Limbaugh did
and she makes NO attempt to explain what the DoJ would have to say in a state judicial case like the Black Panther case.

Just a whine that she doesn't like being called out for dishonesty. But after all, this is "her Opinion" and it is "strongly and passionately held"..

just like when she claimed Obama "left the office at 4pm most days"... something she has yet to retract as false.

degsme

Council Member
Interesting that you talk about everything except Obama accepting money/ presents from a person who calls for protests in a little old white couple's yard AND from someone else who calls conservative women nasty names.
Right because lots of people do things that are perfectly LEGAL (lying in public about someone is NOT legal) but less than exemplary.

And I also pointed out that the things you CLAIMED HAPPEND: Maher Not being called out and Spike Lee NOT putting forth a bounty - WERE UNTRUE
Notice YOU HAVE NOT RETRACTED YOUR FALSE STATEMENTS.

What sort of integrity is that?

And while I'm at it let me ask you this: Why do you think Spike Lee expects his apology should fly (when he caused a little old white couple to have to flee their home) when nobody on the left would accept Rush Limbaugh's apology?
Because Spike Lee

1. Appologized without any FINANCIAL PRESSURE - simply because it was pointed out he was wrong
  2. Said "I deeply apologize to the McClain Family... IT was a Mistake"https://twitter.com/#!/SpikeLee/status/185177177652862977
  3. is stepping up and paying the McClain Families expenses associated with his mistake

Compare that to Limbaugh who

• Didn't apologize until he started losing money
  • didn't say he made a mistake
  • turned around and blamed someone else (the Feminists) for his predicament

If you can't tell the difference, I'm not sure what to say.

Try some integrity. When are you going to admit

1) You spread a FALSE STORY about "obama leaves the office at 4pm on most days)

2) that you are SPREADING A FALSE STORY about Spike Lee putting up a bounty?

got any integrity left?

degsme

Council Member
Of course that's what you would think.
No surprise
Except Jen it is. You are caliming that Spike Lee put a Bounty on the head of Zimmerman - when Lee did nothing of the sort. That is by definition... STUPID (or else intentionally dishonest - you pick).

Its similar to your nonsense about "Obama is Lazy because he leaves the office usually by 4pm".

Jen

Senator
Spike Lee did not put a bounty on Zimmerman. The Black Panthers did. My post had a misstatement in it...... I needed to separate that from the Spike Lee part and clarify. Mea culpa on that one.

But I do have one question: Why do you keep saying that I said something I NEVER said? That is an outright lie on your part. And you have been reporting that lie so much that I believe I am due a retraction for it. I don't expect it. You just continue your lies while demanding everyone else retract every little mistake they make. Your lie is conscious. My incorrect post here that I have taken responsibility for was not. But that's fine. I expect you to lie at this point since you've done it for quite a while now.

Except Jen it is. You are caliming that Spike Lee put a Bounty on the head of Zimmerman - when Lee did nothing of the sort. That is by definition... STUPID (or else intentionally dishonest - you pick).

Its similar to your nonsense about "Obama is Lazy because he leaves the office usually by 4pm".

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Too bad we don't KNOW who gives money to Romney and what they might say or do. I wonder what "type" of people they are. :fish:

BTW, you were being pretty selective and I think a bit deceptive about Spike Lee and the Black Panthers.

First, Spike Lee both apologized, retracted his statement, and compensated the McClains (the older couple that whose address he retweeted.)

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-29/justice/justice_florida-teen-spike-lee_1_spike-lee-apology-skittles-candy?_s=PM:JUSTICE

Spike Lee sure sounds like a real schmuck to me. Yeah you betcha. :crazy:

Second, there is no connection between Spike Lee and the NBPP but the way that you wrote your paragraph, you would think that there was some connection. Did you do that deliberately or was that just accidental?

Third, the DOJ said that they were aware of the bounty but had no direct comment on it. In fact, they might be doing something about it (provided placing a bounty on the head of someone is actually a Federal crime (and it might be, I just don't know) and is within the jurisdiction of the FBI to investigate. The FBI does not have jurisdicition in all things. But please first point me to something that says that placing a bounty is anything more than "free speech." Why is the NBPP any different than Sarah Palin putting a bullseye on Gabby Giffords (though I admit that Sarah did not put a bounty on Giffords' head/) What do you think of Sarah's language?

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Jen,

If degsme can find an example of you saying that "Obama was lazy because he left work at 4 P.M.", will you still demand a retraction? Now, I think that you said that you did not say that directly but admitted that it was stated in a link that you posted. But in that case, it seems to me that your action was similar to what hacked you off about Spike Lee. And as I pointed out, Lee apologized, retracted the Tweet (and told his Twitter followers to cool it), and compensated the elderly couple. If you pass on a link with a false statement in it, are you willing to be like Spike Lee?

Spike Lee did not put a bounty on Zimmerman. The Black Panthers did. My post had a misstatement in it...... I needed to separate that from the Spike Lee part and clarify. Mea culpa on that one.

But I do have one question: Why do you keep saying that I said something I NEVER said? That is an outright lie on your part. And you have been reporting that lie so much that I believe I am due a retraction for it. I don't expect it. You just continue your lies while demanding everyone else retract every little mistake they make. Your lie is conscious. My incorrect post here that I have taken responsibility for was not. But that's fine. I expect you to lie at this point since you've done it for quite a while now.

Jen

Senator
I already wrote that I should have separated the Spike Lee remark from the Black Panthers bounty....... I stated that in a wrong manner.

And sure, an apology and some cash helps to fix the problem. Works for me just as Rush Limbaugh's apology worked. However we have to hope, I guess, that everyone gets the message and those people are safe sleeping in their home at night. Personally, if I were them, I would move somewhere else......... quickly........ I would never feel safe there again after celebrities tweeted my address and told people to "go get 'em".

I don't expect that the DOJ will do squat. We saw the video of big burly men with billy clubs scaring little old ladies away from voting places............there was even some sort of indictment against them...........but THIS administration's DOJ threw it out.

Jen

Senator
Degs TOLD ME (just today) that he got it from a link I posted. I have no idea which link or when, so I didn't admit anything. I don't remember such a statement. I probably did post a link that may have had that in it............. but it's a lie to say that that is what I said. And that's what degs keeps doing. So who knows? If he will lie about that, maybe that statement never was in any link I posted and that's a lie too.

Jen,

If degsme can find an example of you saying that "Obama was lazy because he left work at 4 P.M.", will you still demand a retraction? Now, I think that you said that you did not say that directly but admitted that it was stated in a link that you posted. But in that case, it seems to me that your action was similar to what hacked you off about Spike Lee. And as I pointed out, Lee apologized, retracted the Tweet (and told his Twitter followers to cool it), and compensated the elderly couple. If you pass on a link with a false statement in it, are you willing to be like Spike Lee?

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Just to let you know, I don't have a position in this particular dispute. As far as I have observed, you certainly don't make a habit of saying that Obama is lazy and leaves the office at 4 P.M. I certainly haven't see you write anything like that. But I am willing to believe degsme if he produces "evidence." As to reposting false statements, you did seem to criticize Spike Lee for doing just that. I think that you were right to criticize him and he was right to apologize. (Though it was a little odd that you criticized his character two days after he apologized. Doing that damages your credibility in my eyes.)

Degs TOLD ME (just today) that he got it from a link I posted. I have no idea which link or when, so I didn't admit anything. I don't remember such a statement. I probably did post a link that may have had that in it............. but it's a lie to say that that is what I said. And that's what degs keeps doing. So who knows? If he will lie about that, maybe that statement never was in any link I posted and that's a lie too.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
If a crime is actually committed, I am confident that the FBI will act.

BTW, do you think that the Sanford police department should have taken the investigation of George Zimmerman more seriously? Why does Florida have a special prosecutor looking into things now? Do you think that George Zimmerman and his family are "credible"? Or are you willing to doubt Zimmerman's story?

I already wrote that I should have separated the Spike Lee remark from the Black Panthers bounty....... I stated that in a wrong manner.

And sure, an apology and some cash helps to fix the problem. Works for me just as Rush Limbaugh's apology worked. However we have to hope, I guess, that everyone gets the message and those people are safe sleeping in their home at night. Personally, if I were them, I would move somewhere else......... quickly........ I would never feel safe there again after celebrities tweeted my address and told people to "go get 'em".

I don't expect that the DOJ will do squat. We saw the video of big burly men with billy clubs scaring little old ladies away from voting places............there was even some sort of indictment against them...........but THIS administration's DOJ threw it out.

Jen

Senator
I do think that the investigation of Zimmerman should have been taken much more seriously. And by now.........he should have either been arrested or exonerated. The first posts I made said this and that opinion hasn't changed. Too much time has passed for this to be dangling. I am willing to doubt pretty much everything we've been told so far. Just waiting for the truth to finally come out..... it's taking too long.

I do have to ask why this murder is so much more important than that of so many young black men at the hands of other black men. They are/ were important to their families too.

If a crime is actually committed, I am confident that the FBI will act.

BTW, do you think that the Sanford police department should have taken the investigation of George Zimmerman more seriously? Why does Florida have a special prosecutor looking into things now? Do you think that George Zimmerman and his family are "credible"? Or are you willing to doubt Zimmerman's story?

Jen

Senator
I try not to jump right in there with conclusions that might prove not to be true. That's why I waited with the Spike Lee thing. Sometimes even after a couple of days......it's too soon.

I have never ever said that Obama leaves his office at 4pm every day or any day.......how would I even know that? Why would I care? According to degs I posted an article that has that sentence in it somewhere. And his statement is that I, myself, said that. It's an outright lie and I don't even expect or need for him to retract or apologize. It's okay.

Just to let you know, I don't have a position in this particular dispute. As far as I have observed, you certainly don't make a habit of saying that Obama is lazy and leaves the office at 4 P.M. I certainly haven't see you write anything like that. But I am willing to believe degsme if he produces "evidence." As to reposting false statements, you did seem to criticize Spike Lee for doing just that. I think that you were right to criticize him and he was right to apologize. (Though it was a little odd that you criticized his character two days after he apologized. Doing that damages your credibility in my eyes.)

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Jen,

Your last question is a fair question. I think that part of the reason that this has gotten more publicity is the "legacy" of racism in this country. I think that another reason is that Treyvon Martin's parents were a good middle class working family and Treyvon Martin had a legitimate reason for being in the neighborhood. I find it hard to believe that a white teenager whose family lived in the neighborhood and was walking back to his father's home talking to his girlfriend would have been suspected or reported by George Zimmerman. I don't know this for sure but I am very skeptical about Zimmerman's underlying rationale. Finally, it just happened to be that this case caught the public eye. I have no doubt that there is black on black violence. But I don't see why paying attention to Trayvon Martin indicates that someone doesn't take black-on-black crime seriously. What makes you think that people don't?

I do think that the investigation of Zimmerman should have been taken much more seriously. And by now.........he should have either been arrested or exonerated. The first posts I made said this and that opinion hasn't changed. Too much time has passed for this to be dangling. I am willing to doubt pretty much everything we've been told so far. Just waiting for the truth to finally come out..... it's taking too long.

I do have to ask why this murder is so much more important than that of so many young black men at the hands of other black men. They are/ were important to their families too.