• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama's right - the rich should start paying their fair share...

Zebulon

Council Member
The numbers are misleading. The $700 I had to pay in taxes this year set me back a lot further than the $3 million Romney had to pay in 2010.

Oh.. and that $3 million did not prevent even ONE job from being created.

The talking point is dying off along with the Republican party Lukey.

Lukey

Senator
The numbers are misleading. The $700 I had to pay in taxes this year set me back a lot further than the $3 million Romney had to pay in 2010.

So they pay taxes at twice the level of their income and that's still not their "fair share?" Then, pray tell, what is?

You don't get it do you? If the rich v poor debate was about the type of income disparity we saw when I was a kid, this would not be an issue. But today if you need X amount of revenue, you have to get it from the rich folks because they have all the dough. All the rest of your argument is a masquerade, a charade really that attempts to hide this simple truth. If we need a billion in revenue and the possible sources for that revenue is a group made up of me, you, everyone on PJ and Bill Gates, my bet is you could take every penny each of us earns and you would still be 990 million short. At that point, all eyes turn to Bill Gates...

Lukey

Senator
You don't get it do you? If the rich v poor debate was about the type of income disparity we saw when I was a kid, this would not be an issue. But today if you need X amount of revenue, you have to get it from the rich folks because they have all the dough. All the rest of your argument is a masquerade, a charade really that attempts to hide this simple truth. If we need a billion in revenue and the possible sources for that revenue is a group made up of me, you, everyone on PJ and Bill Gates, my bet is you could take every penny each of us earns and you would still be 990 million short. At that point, all eyes turn to Bill Gates...
Actually the truth is exactly the opposite.

http://newworldorderreport.com/Default.aspx?tabid=266&ID=8265

You really do have issues with logic and reasoning don't you? Must have had a really hard time in advanced calculus. My example is a billion dollars which has some relationship to Bill Gates income. In the real world, the hole we have dug for ourselves is 1.4 trillion per year if the goal is to break even which of course is NOT the goal today nor was it for the last 12 years. Today, the goal in tax receipts is another 1% of GNP over a period of time which is very doable. You see, first you set up the goals, then get the facts, then find a solution. Simple math buddy.

Lukey

Senator
You really do have issues with logic and reasoning don't you? Must have had a really hard time in advanced calculus. My example is a billion dollars which has some relationship to Bill Gates income. In the real world, the hole we have dug for ourselves is 1.4 trillion per year if the goal is to break even which of course is NOT the goal today nor was it for the last 12 years. Today, the goal in tax receipts is another 1% of GNP over a period of time which is very doable. You see, first you set up the goals, then get the facts, then find a solution. Simple math buddy.
Actually I am quite good at both (as evidenced by your dodge into an argument that is the rough equivalent of "we lose money on each sale but we'll make it up on volume").

Then use those logical abilities to get the point. No one is trying to say that taxing the rich will make up the difference immediately. In fact, no one is trying to balance the budget this year at all. No one that is but right wing politicians pandering to truly ignorant voters. Are you claiming that we should balance the budget in this fiscal year? The next fiscal year? How about in 2015....you got nothing Lukey boy, nothing..only rhetoric. You are a perfect example of a person who cannot be trusted to lead because you cannot do triage...do triage on our fiscal policy and let me know when the patient dies.

Lukey

Senator
Then use those logical abilities to get the point. No one is trying to say that taxing the rich will make up the difference immediately. In fact, no one is trying to balance the budget this year at all. No one that is but right wing politicians pandering to truly ignorant voters. Are you claiming that we should balance the budget in this fiscal year? The next fiscal year? How about in 2015....you got nothing Lukey boy, nothing..only rhetoric. You are a perfect example of a person who cannot be trusted to lead because you cannot do triage...do triage on our fiscal policy and let me know when the patient dies.
LOL! I got nothing? Your guy can't cut a $ of spending with a Republican party ready to agree to cut almost anything and yet can only come up with a symbolic, token tax on the rich that won't even pay the interest on this year's deficit! Obama promised to face up to the need to cut spending and cut the deficit in half by this year. Of course, that was before his economic policies smothered the economy and he suddenly realized he needed every last dime of fraud waste and abuse going out the door or we'd be back in recession. He screeches about the rich "paying their fair share" yet they already pay income taxes at a rate twice their share of the national income. He rails about everyone playing by the same rules while almost half of tax filers pay $0 (or get a check back from the IRS). You guys have LESS than nothing! You have a proven failure you are backing for re-election. What a fricking joke!

DefeatObama

Council Member
The 1.4 million Americans in the IRS' top taxpayer category in 2009 reported nearly 17 percent of all the country's taxable income. From those filers, the IRS collected $318 billion or almost 37 percent of all the individual taxes paid in 2009.

Read more: Top 1 Percent: How Much Do They Earn? | Bankrate.com http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/top-1-percent-earn.aspx#ixzz1methfdnE

Oops!
and yet the statists drone on with their class war rhetoric.. which is shocking 'cause the occupods come off as an educated bunch.

OCCUPIERS: News Flash.... to the rest of the world YOU ARE the 1%

DefeatObama

Council Member

so you're spending romney's money now.... nice ego.

the 3 million in lost wealth in a single year is alot of money. I don't care who you are.

to replace that wealth he'd have to go out and generate double that in the marketplace.

the government of course takes that 3 Mil and pisses it away, wasting probably 40% on bureaucracy alone.

but your petty jealousy noted

DefeatObama

Council Member
there are about 1200 billionaires world wide. total wealth of about 4.5 T. or...roughly this years obama budget.

it's not that taxing the rich won't make a difference immediately. it won't make a difference EVER.

it's pitting one American against another.

so terrorist = good. deserving of constitutional protections. rich guy = bad.

say it with me now..........

DefeatObama

Council Member
so, ah, Socrates..... as I've noted in another thread, revenue to the treasury increased on the heels of the bush (bipartisan) tax cuts. and 'we' didn't dig any hole. the congress has spent us there. which coincidentally has been in Dem hands since '06.

and you forgot to note the 60 TRILLION or so of unfunded liabilities attributable to entitlement programs.

before obamacare kicks in

and drags the bus over the cliff for good. Simply math buddy