• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obsession

Citizen

Council Member
Do any of you feel that through you're posts you have pissed someone off so bad that they have now become obsessed with you?

Would any of you let someone else's posts get to you so bad that you become obsessed with them?

Myself I think if one is getting to the point that PJ or anyother board actually affects them & thier life in the real world, it's time to re-evaluate who & what you are & get the hell off the political chat boards.

Cicero is a great example of a person who realized that posting was affecting him in the real world & he took a break from posting. Now he's come back with a new attitude & a new outlook on posting & I bet he's a helluva lot happier with his whole new approach & outlook towards posting.

Just my thoughts..... Don't let PJ or anyother chat board take over your life, life is hard enough, you don't need to make it harder on yourself over some anonymous chat board....

So have a good day, a good week & a good life & Never, I mean absolutly NEVER forget:

All Hail KingBlam !!!!!!

:thumb:

BobbyT

Governor
Good advice Citizen. Me? I like idea and solution sharing and hearing POV I haven't encountered before. I don't understand the need for insults or name calling - to me it dilutes rather than enhances one's point - but given the amount of insulting and name calling that occurs, I am apparently in the minority in believing it has no place in discussion. This board is the first I've ever joined, so perhaps the insulting and name calling is part & parcel of on-line commentary; I think it demonstrates poor manners and it certainly does not further discourse. My dad, a retired highschool teacher, is a master of rhetoric and used a Socratic approach to discussion both with his students and with my siblings and me. If we attempted to use insults or name calling in our discussions, he would skillfully show us how nonsensical we were being and how that "technique" devalued rather than supported our opinion. Alas, I'm afraid civilized discourse will go the way of the dinosaur in the environs of anonymous on-line forums.

Jen

Senator
You will see all sorts of ploys to change the subject or make another poster look stupid here, Bobby. But most of us come here to try to discuss very real issues. I guess it is common on these boards to have to sift through the chum to find the worthwhile post to reply to. But it's here..........hidden as it may be. Those with the vocabulary and ability to talk issues are here. Your dad sounds like a very wise/ intelligent man. Mine, also a school teacher, was similar. Nice to see you again.

Good advice Citizen. Me? I like idea and solution sharing and hearing POV I haven't encountered before. I don't understand the need for insults or name calling - to me it dilutes rather than enhances one's point - but given the amount of insulting and name calling that occurs, I am apparently in the minority in believing it has no place in discussion. This board is the first I've ever joined, so perhaps the insulting and name calling is part & parcel of on-line commentary; I think it demonstrates poor manners and it certainly does not further discourse. My dad, a retired highschool teacher, is a master of rhetoric and used a Socratic approach to discussion both with his students and with my siblings and me. If we attempted to use insults or name calling in our discussions, he would skillfully show us how nonsensical we were being and how that "technique" devalued rather than supported our opinion. Alas, I'm afraid civilized discourse will go the way of the dinosaur in the environs of anonymous on-line forums.

Citizen

Council Member

For myself I'm sorry I brought my BB habits with me. I gotta work on that.

gabriel

Governor
your hero king blam sure did! lol. and dont kid yourself, most here are addicted to some extent.

gabriel

Governor
jen, you admitted to the use of chum last week! now you pretend its something that is a detriment to the board? lol

BobbyT

Governor
You know, Citizen, I think that in a lot of ways it is used to shorthand discussion. Most of the posters here seem to know each other well, so some of what I perceive to be really egrigious examples of bad manners is likely just shorthand ways of getting straight to a point that those "in the know" will recognize right away. Degsme's repeated posting of that photograph seems like just that sort of shorthand messaging; I find it tiresome and a conversation ender, but that's probably just because I haven't spent the time with all y'all that you have with one another. Maybe after I've hung around for awhile it will make more sense to me.

Jen

Senator
I hope I haven't pissed off anyone like that.

If someone is obsessed, it's their problem.

I don't try to piss people off here. I think that my opinion might do that sometimes. But again, that's not my problem.

Days

Commentator
after 9 years on the fray, I'm immune to internet wing nuts... I think I hold the record for pissing the most posters off; nothing upsets people more than the truth.

Council Member
My only problem is that so many people try to pass off their beliefs or thoughts as truth by saying they saw it somewhere or they experienced it. Many will say that stats say this or that but when called on it they can't post them. Before I put down things like 4.5 times more likely to be shot if your carrying a gun in a robbery, it was because I saw it and could prove I did and did prove it.

That's all I ask, give it a rest on repeating what we hear on TV show with a host that we follow. Look for something to back it up with, like facts, not opinions.

Council Member
after 9 years on the fray, I'm immune to internet wing nuts... I think I hold the record for pissing the most posters off; nothing upsets people more than the truth.
I agree Days, esp when it's absolutely what they don't want to believe. GOOD JOB

Days

Commentator
When I see a big hole in the board's vocabulary, those are the words I'm quizzing you on. Everyone in botf hated my 09/11 posts and moon hoax posts... the only time I got mad was when they refused to reply. If you can't debate the subject, then you have lost the debate. I posted one top post on the moon hoax and it fetched 12 thumbs down, no thumbs up, and no replies. Sorry, that just proved how ignorant they were on the subject.

Days

Commentator
Opinions are fine, really it is the heart and soul of posting. If you don't have an opinion, you really don't have a post. But i agree with you, don't state your opinions as facts unless they are facts.

Jen

Senator
Truth is the objective. Not pissing anyone off. And I certainly don't want to be someone's "obsession". But I guess that it's impossible to prevent sickos from coming here..............so like I said in my post..........it's not my problem. And I agree with you that nothing upsets people (who choose to believe in crapola) more than the truth.