• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Offutt AFB under water - climate change

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

1. At Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, headquarters of US Strategic Command and home to more than 10,000 personnel, floodwaters reached up to 7 feet deep on Friday and forced one-third of the base to relocate offices.

2. South Dakota Air National Guard had to relocate some of its F-16 fighter jets.

3. Last year, Hurricane Michael damaged Tyndall Air Force Base. Several F-22 aircraft, the Air Force’s most advanced and most expensive fighter jet, were stuck in harm’s way as the storm rapidly intensified.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/25/18280758/nebraska-flooding-air-force-offutt

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
So Trump has ordered the Pentagon to use their allotted funds and transfer $Millions for fencing on our southern border.
Never mind that our military bases are damaged and require $Billions to repair.

So much for Trump doing his primary job.....national security, eh?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I was stationed at Offutt that pic is not of Offutt.
Editing for a correction I apologize< @JuliefromOhio that pic is of Offutt that hanger is where the two stands by alert looking glass flying command post would be.
And here's my DD 214 IT SHOWS MY LAST DUTY STATION
img006.jpg

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
1. At Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, headquarters of US Strategic Command and home to more than 10,000 personnel, floodwaters reached up to 7 feet deep on Friday and forced one-third of the base to relocate offices.

2. South Dakota Air National Guard had to relocate some of its F-16 fighter jets.

3. Last year, Hurricane Michael damaged Tyndall Air Force Base. Several F-22 aircraft, the Air Force’s most advanced and most expensive fighter jet, were stuck in harm’s way as the storm rapidly intensified.
Sigh.
Yes. The climate goes through broad (longer than your life) cycles as well as shorter cycles, thus .............climate changes.

Your whining about it became tedious a long time ago.

Where I come from, the climate changes every day. One day it's raining, one day it's hot, one day the wind blows, etc...

D

Deleted member 21794

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/25/18280758/nebraska-flooding-air-force-offutt
Climate change? Nah, just a lot of rain. *Edited*

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21794

[QUOTE="JuliefromOhio, post: 2377012, member: 3. Last year, Hurricane Michael damaged Tyndall Air Force Base. Several F-22 aircraft, the Air Force’s most advanced and most expensive fighter jet, were stuck in harm’s way as the storm rapidly intensified.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/25/18280758/nebraska-flooding-air-force-offutt[/QUOTE]

I love item 3. Poor dumb Julie thinks the US military is as dumb as Democrats sitting around waiting for a hurricane to kill them.

Julie... aircraft get moved when dangerous weather approaches. Duh!

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

FakeName

Governor
Lo
Where I come from, the climate changes every day. One day it's raining, one day it's hot, one day the wind blows, etc...
Look into the difference between climate and weather.

You should be embarrassed at your own ignorance.

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Sen Mike Lee did a comedy routine mocking efforts to address climate change, yet what we have already is massive costs to repair our military installations. Doing nothing to mitigate the effects of climate change.....will cost us more.

Sen Mike Lee:
The solution to climate change won’t be found in political posturing or virtue signaling like this.
It won’t be found in the federal government at all.
You know where the solution can be found? In churches, wedding chapels, and maternity wards across the country and around the world.
The solution to climate change is not this unserious resolution, but the serious business of human flourishing – the solution to so many of our problems, at all times and in all places: fall in love, get married, and have some kids.

I yield the floor.

https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/speeches?ID=2271BAF4-7F34-4BE8-81C5-B621E9BAF878

I take that back. It wasn't a comedy routine. It was just stupid.

Last edited:

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

Sen Mike Lee did a comedy routine mocking efforts to address climate change, yet what we have already is massive costs to repair our military installations. Doing nothing to mitigate the effects of climate change.....will cost us more.

Sen Mike Lee:
The solution to climate change won’t be found in political posturing or virtue signaling like this.
You know where the solution can be found? In churches, wedding chapels, and maternity wards across the country and around the world.
The solution to climate change is not this unserious resolution, but the serious business of human flourishing – the solution to so many of our problems, at all times and in all places: fall in love, get married, and have some kids.

I yield the floor.

https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/speeches?ID=2271BAF4-7F34-4BE8-81C5-B621E9BAF878

Mike Lee is a clown.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

Sen Mike Lee:

I yield the floor.

lol rain happens every year. Snow does to sometimes we get Ice and sometimes weget a lot of heat
Weather is what we call it.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Right, and a warming CLIMATE causes more extreme in WEATHER.

Now you starting to get it.
according to Gorbalwarming we are supposed to be dead now lol
Back in the 70's we were going into a little ice ag.
When you tards make up your mind get back in touch until then it is going to be everyday as usual turn my lights on burn my gas in my V8 F150

FakeName

Governor
according to Gorbalwarming we are supposed to be dead now lol
Back in the 70's we were going into a little ice ag.
When you tards make up your mind get back in touch until then it is going to be everyday as usual turn my lights on burn my gas in my V8 F150
Science has already made up "it's" mind. Climate change is firmly established science.