• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Oh dear, DJI soars back toward 13,000!

Bo-4

Senator
Don't be long in the tooth Gloomers... :D

12,922.32 +116.93 (0.91%) Real-time: 10:43AM EDT

Live by the Market Die by the Market. wait until the fed has to stop the money printing.

Obama's between a rock and a hard place. Prop up the market and face rising prices, or stop the printing presses, let the market bottom out and let the economy heal on its own. The longer this goes on, the higher price there is to be paid.

Bo-4

Senator
Live by the Market Die by the Market. wait until the fed has to stop the money printing.

Obama's between a rock and a hard place. Prop up the market and face rising prices, or stop the printing presses, let the market bottom out and let the economy heal on its own. The longer this goes on, the higher price there is to be paid.
Nice job Sarge.. you managed to get in every last lame RW talking point, but where is the part about Marxism? :D

Nice job Sarge.. you managed to get in every last lame RW talking point, but where is the part about Marxism?
Right Wing talking points? No it's the truth.

And I don't care what you want to call it, Progressivism, the modern day Democratic Party, and Liberalism all get their ideology straight out of the Communist Manifesto.

Sewage by any other name smells just as bad.

Look at the Constitution of the now defunct USSR; it reads like a Democratic Party Campaign platform. Especially Chapter X. And we all know how the USSR ended up.

ARTICLE 119. Citizens of the U.S.S.R. have the right to rest and leisure. The right to rest and leisure is ensured by the reduction of the working day to seven hours for the overwhelming majority of the workers, the institution of annual vacations with full pay for workers and employees and the provision of a wide network of sanatoria, rest homes and clubs for the accommodation of the working people.

ARTICLE 120. Citizens of the U.S.S.R. have the right to maintenance in old age and also in case of sickness or loss of capacity to work. This right is ensured by the extensive development of social insurance of workers and employees at state expense, free medical service for the working people and the provision of a wide network of health resorts for the use of the working people.

ARTICLE 121. Citizens of the U.S.S.R. have the right to education. This right is ensured by universal, compulsory elementary education; by education, including higher education, being free of charge; by the system of state stipends for the overwhelming majority of students in the universities and colleges; by instruction in schools being conducted in the native Ianguage, and by the organization in the factories, state farms, machine and tractor stations and collective farms of free vocational, technical and agronomic training for the working people.

ARTICLE 122. Women in the U.S.S.R. are accorded equal rights with men in all spheres of economic, state, cultural, social and political life. The possibility of exercising these rights is ensured to women by granting them an equal right with men to work, payment for work, rest and leisure, social insurance and education, and by state protection of the interests of mother and child, prematernity and maternity leave with full pay, and the provision of a wide network of maternity homes, nurseries and kindergartens.

http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/russian/const/36cons04.html#chap10

Wulk

Mayor
Just out of interest, Sarge, what articles, or part of the articles do you disagree with, and why?

Wulk

Mayor
I guess then, sarge, that you won't be applauding these figures:

"The US will make a profit from bailing out the nation's banks and carmakers at the height of the financial crisis, the Treasury Department has said.

The bank bailouts may result in a return of $2bn (£1.3bn), the Treasury said in its latest projections for the government's response to the crisis.

And the recovering auto industry has added 230,000 jobs as a result."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17720012

OldGaffer

Governor

"The US will make a profit from bailing out the nation's banks and carmakers at the height of the financial crisis, the Treasury Department has said.

The bank bailouts may result in a return of $2bn (£1.3bn), the Treasury said in its latest projections for the government's response to the crisis.

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of employees at the thousands of GM and Chrysler Dealerships throughout the US. Just think, we could have had McCain and four more years of Bush voodoo economics and went straight to the third world.

OldGaffer: Just think, we could have had McCain and four more years of Bush voodoo economics and went straight to the third world.

LeRoy: Or we could have had McCain croak in office, had almost four years of President Sarah Palin (YELP!), and gone straight to Hell.

Capitalism is a profit AND loss system. If the bank bailouts had never occurred, the business of people who used banks would have been spread among the banks that didn't fail, causing them to grow.

Same with GM and Chrysler. Their collapse wouldn't have reduced demand for cars; that demand would simply have been spread among the car companies remaining, increasing their size and employment levels

Punishing success to reward failure never worked. And now we've got a stock market that's success depends on the Feds printing money.

Companies that fail should be allowed to go bankrupt period.

A dangerous game is being played when you prop up failure.

Bo-4

Senator
You know not of what you speak. Letting the auto industry die and housing hit bottom would have been catastrophic. 1.5 million jobs were saved in auto industry alone. And there was NO money or private investors waiting in the wings to bring GM and Chrysler back to solvency.

It would have been liquidation and the selling of assets by vulture capitalists. That's the long and short of it, and it's not my opinion.. it's the opinion of the vast majority of auto industry experts.

Capitalism is a profit AND loss system. If the bank bailouts had never occurred, the business of people who used banks would have been spread among the banks that didn't fail, causing them to grow.

Same with GM and Chrysler. Their collapse wouldn't have reduced demand for cars; that demand would simply have been spread among the car companies remaining, increasing their size and employment levels

Punishing success to reward failure never worked. And now we've got a stock market that's success depends on the Feds printing money.

Companies that fail should be allowed to go bankrupt period.

A dangerous game is being played when you prop up failure.

Zam-Zam

Senator

You do realize, of course, that in order to 'soar' back up towards it had once been a few weeks ago, it first had to descend below that point.

I remember a Dow above 14,000. I'd like to see that again.

Bo-4

Senator
Yes, and you probably also remember the Dow at 7900 on 1-20-09. That was when a spectacular failure of a president mercifully left the building.

You do realize, of course, that in order to 'soar' back up towards it had once been a few weeks ago, it first had to descend below that point.

I remember a Dow above 14,000. I'd like to see that again.

You know not of what you speak. Letting the auto industry die and housing hit bottom would have been catastrophic.
The auto industry would not have died; it would have become more efficient, as less efficient bankrupt companies left they industry as they should have; and the demand for autos would simply have gone to successful auto companies that remained; increasing their production and employee payrolls.

GM and Chrysler would have been broken up and sold off to those remaining automakers for supplying the demand that formerly went to the failed companies.

Our reinvention of capitalism as rewarding failure had now become the rule, under the excuse, naturally of saving jobs.

And the whole thing was an excuse to give GM to the labor unions.

And if GM is so successful how come it's stock price is down over 30% since it was issued? GM is now counting as profit cars delivered to dealers but not sold to anyone.That is the kind of crap that caused them to fail in the first place.

And that;s what we've turned our economy into, it will cost everybody their jobs if it continues. See you in the rice fields.

OldGaffer

Governor
The auto industry would not have died; it would have become more efficient, as less efficient bankrupt companies left they industry as they should have; and the demand for autos would simply have gone to successful auto companies that remained; increasing their production and employee payrolls.

GM and Chrysler would have been broken up and sold off to those remaining automakers for supplying the demand that formerly went to the failed companies.

Our reinvention of capitalism as rewarding failure had now become the rule, under the excuse, naturally of saving jobs.

And the whole thing was an excuse to give GM to the labor unions.

And if GM is so successful how come it's stock price is down over 30% since it was issued? GM is now counting as profit cars delivered to dealers but not sold to anyone.That is the kind of crap that caused them to fail in the first place.

And that;s what we've turned our economy into, it will cost everybody their jobs if it continues. See you in the rice fields.
Why do you hate American workers and American car companies?

On January 22, 2009, an elderly man appeared at the White House gate. He said to the Marine on duty, "I want to see President Bush!" The Marine sergeant told him: "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer the President." And the elderly man walked away.

The next day, the same elderly man appeared at the White House gate again. And he again said, "I want to see President Bush!" The sergeant, annoyed, said, "Sir! Mr. Bush is no longer the President!!" And again the elderly man walked away.

Next day, on January 24, 2009, the same elderly man appeared for the third time at the White House gate, and said, "I want to see President Bush!" And the same sergeant this time says, "Sir, I have told you twice already that George W. Bush is no longer the President of the United States!!"

And the elderly man says, "Oh, I know. I just love hearing it!"

And the Marine sergeant gives the man a crisp salute.

Why do you hate American workers and American car companies?
There are plenty of Americans employed in good paying jobs at Toyota, VW, BMW. etc.

I'll most likely buy a Toyota, as I'm looking for the "non union" made label.

I don't mind paying the guy that builds the car, but I damn sure don't want to pay for his father who used to build cars and his grandfather who used to build cars, by funding their pensions.

Sgt Staples: GM and Chrysler would have been broken up and sold off to those remaining automakers for supplying the demand that formerly went to the failed companies.

LeRoy: No, that would not have happened, and expert observers of the automobile industry are well aware of it. Car sales plummeted around the world in the financial crisis. Very few people wanted to buy a car in those dark days, and even if they did, they were unable to get a loan, as the entire world financial system had gone into cardiac arrest. Even the remaining car makers (Toyota, Honda, Ford?) would not have been able to access capital to 'buy up' the pieces of GM and Chrysler. They simply would have been liquidated, with a massive loss to our society, and millions more people would have become unemployed, including at many successful companies in the supply chains of GM and Chrysler. And since companies in that supply chain also supply Ford, the Ford Motor Company might have been in very serious trouble then.

Sgt Staples: I don't mind paying the guy that builds the car, but I damn sure don't want to pay for his father who used to build cars and his grandfather who used to build cars, by funding their pensions.

LeRoy: Yeah, those guys should just STARVE! Enough already! Old people have a DUTY to die!

Bo-4

Senator
Lol.. seen that one but it's been a long time. Yep, there was a collective sigh of national relief when Bushie boarded the helicopter and floated off WH grounds. It was audible! :D

On January 22, 2009, an elderly man appeared at the White House gate. He said to the Marine on duty, "I want to see President Bush!" The Marine sergeant told him: "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer the President." And the elderly man walked away.

The next day, the same elderly man appeared at the White House gate again. And he again said, "I want to see President Bush!" The sergeant, annoyed, said, "Sir! Mr. Bush is no longer the President!!" And again the elderly man walked away.

Next day, on January 24, 2009, the same elderly man appeared for the third time at the White House gate, and said, "I want to see President Bush!" And the same sergeant this time says, "Sir, I have told you twice already that George W. Bush is no longer the President of the United States!!"

And the elderly man says, "Oh, I know. I just love hearing it!"

And the Marine sergeant gives the man a crisp salute.