• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Oh dear, DJI soars back toward 13,000!

Bo-4

Senator
Well, what good are they if they're too old to build cars LeRoy? Besides, if those guys had any integrity they'd have worked as non-union laborers at minimum wage! ;-)

Sgt Staples: I don't mind paying the guy that builds the car, but I damn sure don't want to pay for his father who used to build cars and his grandfather who used to build cars, by funding their pensions.

LeRoy: Yeah, those guys should just STARVE! Enough already! Old people have a DUTY to die!

MaryAnne

Governor
Sgt Staples: GM and Chrysler would have been broken up and sold off to those remaining automakers for supplying the demand that formerly went to the failed companies.

LeRoy: No, that would not have happened, and expert observers of the automobile industry are well aware of it. Car sales plummeted around the world in the financial crisis. Very few people wanted to buy a car in those dark days, and even if they did, they were unable to get a loan, as the entire world financial system had gone into cardiac arrest. Even the remaining car makers (Toyota, Honda, Ford?) would not have been able to access capital to 'buy up' the pieces of GM and Chrysler. They simply would have been liquidated, with a massive loss to our society, and millions more people would have become unemployed, including at many successful companies in the supply chains of GM and Chrysler. And since companies in that supply chain also supply Ford, the Ford Motor Company might have been in very serious trouble then.

Even GW Bush was smart enough to know that. He started the process,as bad as the other side would like to blame Obama.
But let Obama take credit,fine with me!:eek:)

MaryAnne

Governor
Sgt Staples: I don't mind paying the guy that builds the car, but I damn sure don't want to pay for his father who used to build cars and his grandfather who used to build cars, by funding their pensions.

LeRoy: Yeah, those guys should just STARVE! Enough already! Old people have a DUTY to die![/Q ]

Bring out the ice so we can float them out to sea.!

And BTW,those pensions are already funded and Toyota and Honda have them too.

Sarge,you get a pension? That is my tax payer money,you know!

Bo-4

Senator
Oh, if he's REALLY retired military.. then indeed he does have a pension and various other Gubment bennies.

I call it selective Republican outrage.

Yes, and you probably also remember the Dow at 7900 on 1-20-09. That was when a spectacular failure of a president mercifully left the building.
Dow 13,000 is worth Dow 6500 at the gas station, compared to when fearless leader took office. That's what printing money to prop up stock prices gets you,

Nowhere.

If this keeps up, we'll have to take a wheelbarrow full of cash to the grocery store.

The price of natural gas has fallen sharply over the past few years. What's going on, Sergeant?!?

Shouldn't it be taking a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a few thousand cubic feet of natural gas? At least, according to your 'theories'?