• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

OH...MY.... GOD..... Murder my @ss

Here is the video of Tensing shooting a really stupid man (with a record).

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/29/video-even-nothing/30834513/

Astonishingly Tensing is being indicted for MURDER!!! This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. This guy (suspect) thought he was going to drive away from a cop for whom he couldn't produce a license, while he had a gin bottle between his legs, who seemed to be extremely evasive during the stop, and closed the door on the cop who was telling him to step out!?!? With the officers arms through the car window the SUSPECT started the car and began to drive off. Does Tensing deserve a medal? No. Is it a marginal case? Maybe.... But you [Unwelcome language removed] who think this was at least manslaughter or even murder deserve to live in a hell hole. I curse you to live in one.

If there was a woman in the suspects trunk (alive or dead), had he gotten away the woman or her relatives would have sued the city.

connieb

Senator

Astonishingly Tensing is being indicted for MURDER!!! This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. This guy (suspect) thought he was going to drive away from a cop for whom he couldn't produce a license, while he had a gin bottle between his legs, who seemed to be extremely evasive during the stop, and closed the door on the cop who was telling him to step out!?!? With the officers arms through the car window the SUSPECT started the car and began to drive off. Does Tensing deserve a medal? No. Is it a marginal case? Maybe.... But you [Unwelcome language removed] who think this was at least manslaughter or even murder deserve to live in a hell hole. I curse you to live in one.

If there was a woman in the suspects trunk (alive or dead), had he gotten away the woman or her relatives would have sued the city.

This trend for sensational overcharging is getting out of hand.

I think that Tensing was wrong in deciding to shoot. But, I do think that he panicked and was afraid and shot him, in a state of confusion and panic. Not some type of premeditated planned event. I am really tired of the justice system perverting what is "murder" for political ends. It is supposed to have "malice aforethough". There was no evidence that he had "malice aforethought"or intended to find a victim to shoot, etc.

I do think that perhaps involuntary manslaughter would be the highest I would go. I certainly don't think there was any intent at all. And this trend to find intent where there is none, is disturbing, not just from a perspective of then who the hell would want to be a cop. But, to the rest of us who could end up facing some type of aggressive or politically motivated prosecution.

I think that Tensing was wrong in deciding to shoot. But, I do think that he panicked and was afraid and shot him, in a state of confusion and panic. Not some type of premeditated planned event. I am really tired of the justice system perverting what is "murder" for political ends. It is supposed to have "malice aforethough". There was no evidence that he had "malice aforethought"or intended to find a victim to shoot, etc.

I do think that perhaps involuntary manslaughter would be the highest I would go. I certainly don't think there was any intent at all. And this trend to find intent where there is none, is disturbing, not just from a perspective of then who the hell would want to be a cop. But, to the rest of us who could end up facing some type of aggressive or politically motivated prosecution.
Let me put it too you this way. You are a cop. You are in the middle of an extremely suspicious stop during which a suspect turns on their car to the evident purpose of driving away. What do you do? Reach in with both arms and grab the suspect? Step back and start a high speed chase? What do you do?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
One night at the local pool hall someone broke a window...fortunately there was a lady constable at the Lesbian Gay night club across the street who saw a few of us come outside with our pool cues...as we advised the constable of the situation she came to the backside parking lot where the suspect was getting ready to drive off...she ask the suspect to stop the car and as she approach the suspect started to drive off and she pulled her pistol and pointed it at the suspect. The suspect then unlike this perp did stop sparing his life(that was his choice). As regular P.D. showed up I went to advise them that the lady Constable had the suspect at gun point...he now not only had a charge for the broken glass but assault with deadly intent on a police officer charge. Do you suppose it would have been a hate crime if she had been run over...seeing as how she was working security for a lesbian night club?

Drumcollie

When someone tries to drive off and an officer is right there...it can be deadly for the officer also.

connieb

Senator
Let me put it too you this way. You are a cop. You are in the middle of an extremely suspicious stop during which a suspect turns on their car to the evident purpose of driving away. What do you do? Reach in with both arms and grab the suspect? Step back and start a high speed chase? What do you do?
What do I think he should have done and what does the code seem to say he should have done? Let the guy drive away. And, tried to pursue if it is safe, call for back-up, etc. He would not have been the first criminal to get away.

I am more than willing to give cops the benefit of the doubt. And, I do not like sitting back and second guessing what happens in a split second while we get a chance to watch the tape as many times as we want and monday morning QB it. I think he was in an extremely tough situation. I think the guy was a very bad guy and I am not quite honestly sorry that one more low life repeat criminal is no longer around to commit crime, produce children he can't support, and break the law, like - driving while intoxicated which from his responses appears he may have been doing.

But, the cops received training for a reason. And, the reason is, their safety as well as the safety of the rest of the public. I will back a cop that sticks to protocol and procedures all day long. I will even back them when they stick to procedures and commonly accepted practices that are borderline unconstitutional because I think that their responsibility is to execute their duties in the way they have been trained and they are not in a position to form a legal opinion of the legality of the procedures they are taught. In cases like that - then the Department may be fiscally liable but I will not support criminal liability for the officers involved.

BUT - when you depart from training, protocol and common practices and sort of go cowboy... it gets murkier. I do think that he was out of his element. That he was afraid. I even thought looking at that, watching him reach towards the console, that it would have been reasonable to fear that he was reaching to pull a gun. And, I also think that the the message to shoot, is much faster than the message of the eyes to the brain that he wasn't going for anything and that he wasn't going to run over him. I think we have to make allowances for human fallability. We make mistakes and in the heat of the moment.. we are likely to make more mistakes. It isn't completely unreasonable to me that he did fear for his safety. And, honestly, if this was somehow just two citizens, I would totally support no charges at all. BUT - I do expect a cop to be better prepared, better trained, and have a better hold on themselves. I do expect them to be more calm, cool and collected than an average joe.

connie

connieb

Senator
When someone tries to drive off and an officer is right there...it can be deadly for the officer also.
It can be. And, I am entirely open to other views of the street and cars to see if that fear in this situation was reasonable. From what I saw on the body came, it did not appear to be so.

connie

Drumcollie

It can be. And, I am entirely open to other views of the street and cars to see if that fear in this situation was reasonable. From what I saw on the body came, it did not appear to be so.

connie

great post...as of now I say let the courts decide if this needs to go to trial.

What do I think he should have done and what does the code seem to say he should have done? Let the guy drive away. And, tried to pursue if it is safe, call for back-up, etc. He would not have been the first criminal to get away.

I am more than willing to give cops the benefit of the doubt. And, I do not like sitting back and second guessing what happens in a split second while we get a chance to watch the tape as many times as we want and monday morning QB it. I think he was in an extremely tough situation. I think the guy was a very bad guy and I am not quite honestly sorry that one more low life repeat criminal is no longer around to commit crime, produce children he can't support, and break the law, like - driving while intoxicated which from his responses appears he may have been doing.

But, the cops received training for a reason. And, the reason is, their safety as well as the safety of the rest of the public. I will back a cop that sticks to protocol and procedures all day long. I will even back them when they stick to procedures and commonly accepted practices that are borderline unconstitutional because I think that their responsibility is to execute their duties in the way they have been trained and they are not in a position to form a legal opinion of the legality of the procedures they are taught. In cases like that - then the Department may be fiscally liable but I will not support criminal liability for the officers involved.

BUT - when you depart from training, protocol and common practices and sort of go cowboy... it gets murkier. I do think that he was out of his element. That he was afraid. I even thought looking at that, watching him reach towards the console, that it would have been reasonable to fear that he was reaching to pull a gun. And, I also think that the the message to shoot, is much faster than the message of the eyes to the brain that he wasn't going for anything and that he wasn't going to run over him. I think we have to make allowances for human fallability. We make mistakes and in the heat of the moment.. we are likely to make more mistakes. It isn't completely unreasonable to me that he did fear for his safety. And, honestly, if this was somehow just two citizens, I would totally support no charges at all. BUT - I do expect a cop to be better prepared, better trained, and have a better hold on themselves. I do expect them to be more calm, cool and collected than an average joe.

connie
I didn't see a scum bag repeat offender at all and I am not glad at all that he is dead. I saw a very stupid person who got themselves killed because of the way they behaved. Starting a car is a dangerous act under those circumstances. And, no, letting someone start up a car and drive away from a police officer is never acceptable and rightly could get you shot simply because they are obligated at this point to get you.

Would you have been happier if there had been a high speed chase and a child got ran over? Would you have been happier if he got away possibly with a woman in the trunk?

NO, you're wrong and anybody else who doesn't get this is looking to see our law and order deteriorate to that of the 3rd world. We need to start to see the truth of things or this body camera thing is going to fail miserably.

Tensing says he believes his "life was in danger". He also acknowledges that the man he shot was unarmed.

charges and a full investigation are appropriate when there is such a disconnect in the shooter's testimony.

Drumcollie

Tensing says he believes his "life was in danger". He also acknowledges that the man he shot was unarmed.

charges and a full investigation are appropriate when there is such a disconnect in the shooter's testimony.
having seen those situations first hand...I say review and see if it needs trial...Driving off I am inclined to say no...it's a sad day when anyone loses a loved one...but we as adults are responsible for our action. He should have produced I.D. ...It's not really as hard as lefty says it is.

connieb

Senator
I didn't see a scum bag repeat offender at all and I am not glad at all that he is dead. I saw a very stupid person who got themselves killed because of the way they behaved. Starting a car is a dangerous act under those circumstances. And, no, letting someone start up a car and drive away from a police officer is never acceptable and rightly could get you shot simply because they are obligated at this point to get you.

Would you have been happier if there had been a high speed chase and a child got ran over? Would you have been happier if he got away possibly with a woman in the trunk?

NO, you're wrong and anybody else who doesn't get this is looking to see our law and order deteriorate to that of the 3rd world. We need to start to see the truth of things or this body camera thing is going to fail miserably.
I did not say I was "glad" he was dead. I said I wasn't sorry that he was dead. There is a difference. It is sad that he, probably intoxicted or under the influence of narcotics, behaved in an eratic and stupid manor. It cost him his life. I do not feel sorry for them when people create the situations that cause them harm. I reserve sympathy for people who through absolutely no fault of thier own find themselves in a horrible situation.

I specifically said that I would not have approved of a high speed chase. HE did have ONE license plate. He could have tracked the guy down later through that. It didn't have to happen right then.

I do not want to see our law an order deteriorate to a third wold country. However, we have rights. And, those rights as an invidiual mean more to me than making sure that every criminal gets his due. I would rather 1000 people go free than one innocent person spend one night in jail. I believe in liberty too much to want the authoritarian state that people like you are promulgating. but, no matter how harsh and viscious we allow our police to become - whetheer or not we descend into third wold hell hole status depends on the PEOPLE. When people themselves no longer respect law and law officers just becuase they are the law and it is the polite, civil thing to do, then that is the deterioration. If PEOPLE were better - we wouldn't need the kind of police state tactics you are supporting.

connie

MrMike

Bless you all
Since there's no doubt the Left dig into the officers background hoping to find a confederate flag photo, let's ensure there's some parity here. With over 75 offenses on record and 13 kids no doubt Samuel DuBose was...a model Democrat

Charcat

One of the Patsy's

I agree somewhat. I do think it was involuntary manslaughter, as a police officer shouldn't be so quick to shoot unless threatened with his life. But murder? Absolutely not.

connieb

Senator
I agree somewhat. I do think it was involuntary manslaughter, as a police officer shouldn't be so quick to shoot unless threatened with his life. But murder? Absolutely not.
I agree, Murder is WAYYYYY OTT.

I am willing to listen to the opinions of other officers, the perception of his fellow officer on scene, other angles of the tape, etc. I do think he was way too itchy with the trigger finger though from what I have seen so far and I don't think that should go completely unpunished. But, I also think loss of job and pretty much destruction of your career, is a part of that punishment. After that I am content with minor criminal penalties. I do in general think we should give cops the benefit of the doubt. However, I would ALSO like to see policies changed where they have more freedom to use things like pepper spray and tasers. Right now, they aren't even supposed to deploy a taser unless they think it is life threatening. And, I think honestly, if they could have tased him or pepper sprayed him once he was indicating he was going to drive away rather than pulling a gun... someone wouldn't have lost their life, and there wouldn't be a career over and possibly life over.

I agree, Murder is WAYYYYY OTT.

I am willing to listen to the opinions of other officers, the perception of his fellow officer on scene, other angles of the tape, etc. I do think he was way too itchy with the trigger finger though from what I have seen so far and I don't think that should go completely unpunished. But, I also think loss of job and pretty much destruction of your career, is a part of that punishment. After that I am content with minor criminal penalties. I do in general think we should give cops the benefit of the doubt. However, I would ALSO like to see policies changed where they have more freedom to use things like pepper spray and tasers. Right now, they aren't even supposed to deploy a taser unless they think it is life threatening. And, I think honestly, if they could have tased him or pepper sprayed him once he was indicating he was going to drive away rather than pulling a gun... someone wouldn't have lost their life, and there wouldn't be a career over and possibly life over.
I don't know why they keep doing this; charging the defendant with a crime they can never hope to convict on. It's backfired repeatedly in the recent past. Are prosecutors so beholden to the low-information public and the media that they are now unable to exercise even basic professional judgement?

On another note, as so many progreSSives long for, this is what happens when the citizen populace is disarmed and only cops have guns. Expect to see many, many more of these as the left gets their wish...

connieb

Senator
I don't know why they keep doing this; charging the defendant with a crime they can never hope to convict on. It's backfired repeatedly in the recent past. Are prosecutors so beholden to the low-information public and the media that they are now unable to exercise even basic professional judgement?

On another note, as so many progreSSives long for, this is what happens when the citizen populace is disarmed and only cops have guns. Expect to see many, many more of these as the left gets their wish...
I do think it is the danger of having the prosecutor be an elected position. That is how Baltimore got an inexperienced race hustler as DA.

Arkady

President

The officer will have available all the protections of the criminal justice system, and will only be found guilty if all the jurors agree that all the elements of murder have been established beyond a reasonable doubt. If a jury of his peers unanimously agree that those elements have been established beyond a reasonable doubt, so be it.

Arkady

President
I do think it is the danger of having the prosecutor be an elected position. That is how Baltimore got an inexperienced race hustler as DA.
You think Marilyn Mosby is inexperienced? She is a graduate of one of the nation's best law schools and she had seven years of experience as an Assistant State's Attorney, plus a few years of experience as a private-sector litigator for a corporation, before she became the State's Attorney for Baltimore. Exactly how much experience would you expect? I'll grant that rising to the level of a city DA only ten years out of law school is a quick rise, but she certainly wasn't inexperienced by that point. If she were in the private law firm, she'd likely be a partner at her firm in seven years or so. That's considered an experienced lawyer.