• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Oh no! Potential school shooting breaking

Bugsy McGurk

President
I would offer thoughts and prayers but that might trigger someone so I'll just offer my condolences to any victims and their families.
Thoughts, prayers and condolences are nice, but victims of gun violence and their loved ones would have greatly preferred sensible gun control laws.

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
Thoughts, prayers and condolences are nice, but victims of gun violence and their loved ones would have greatly preferred sensible gun control laws.
I could argue about gun laws I have no power over or I could offer my well wishes, which is about the only thing I have any capacity to do in most cases. I'm sure victims and their families have their own opinions on such matters, and our online pissing contests don't help them any more than our thoughts and prayers do.

that's what happens simply because a physical edifice called a school exists?

no
That's what's happens inside.

If you want to say its the crazed. That is only half the equation. It's crazed people with guns.
There are currently zero effective ways to identify the crazed before hand, but there is way to take away guns. So they can be still be crazed as they want to be, just far less deadly.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Not information out to form an opinion. It’s too easy to jump on the partisan bandwagon.

The suspect is described as a 15-year-old boy who authorities believe is a student at the school. The teen was last seen wearing a black hat and black clothing, sheriff’s officials said. Authorities with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also responded to the scene to assist with the search. Roughly an hour into the search, authorities confirmed the teen is no longer a threat to the campus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/saugus-shooting-live-updates-at-least-5-injured-at-high-school-2-critically/ar-BBWKXvN?ocid=spartanntp

Not too easy...Too obvious.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

If you want to say its the crazed. That is only half the equation. It's crazed people with guns.
There are currently zero effective ways to identify the crazed before hand, but there is way to take away guns. So they can be still be crazed as they want to be, just far less deadly.

it is crazed people with guns. yes, and agreed. what edifice persons are in is of no significance.

and, once more into the issue... a gun is an inanimate object until such time as one applies the requisite steps by which to enable and discharge it.

it is crazed people with guns. yes, and agreed. what edifice persons are in is of no significance.

and, once more into the issue... a gun is an inanimate object until such time as one applies the requisite steps by which to enable and discharge it.
Do you have some way of identifying who is going to discharge it improperly before they do so?

Bugsy McGurk

President
I could argue about gun laws I have no power over or I could offer my well wishes, which is about the only thing I have any capacity to do in most cases. I'm sure victims and their families have their own opinions on such matters, and our online pissing contests don't help them any more than our thoughts and prayers do.
I agree that online pissing contests don’t help victims of gun violence. Same with thoughts, prayers and condolences on forums like this. Again, what would be helpful are sensible gun control laws.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

Defenseless people are better off huh? The gunman might be offended that someone might shoot back. This is a time to mourn, not a time to hate.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have some way of identifying who is going to discharge it improperly before they do so?
hmm..

my initial retort would be..not any more than you have a basis to call schools a huge risk

though upon momentary contemplation, i would say... (referring to the photo a couple posts above of the supposed shooter)... that persons prone to black garb, and unstable behaviors...ought not go unnoticed.