• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ok Granny Warren is out....she cannot get out from underneath the Lie-awatha thing

middleview

President
Supporting Member
As it stands, you'll have no choice but to enthusiastically support any US president who decides it's easier for him to execute Americans if he decides giving them due process is "too hard". Poor you...
On January 29, 2017, Anwar al-Awlaki's 8-year-old daughter, Nawar al-Awlaki, the half sister of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, was killed in the Raid on Yakla, a commando attack ordered by President Donald Trump

I wonder why Trump would order the death of an 8 year old US citizen.....

Arkady

President
I'm surprised I really didn't think it would follow her that hard but apparently there are a lot of REAL Indians out there who want proof....they seem to show up at all of her rallies and that would make her too toxic even for VP.

Biden, despite his obvious Pedophile predilections would be the most dangerous candidate but man what an ugly primary...I wonder if any of his lefty challengers would pull out the pervert card? Probably and what about the me too movement? Why do I just know that they're waiting in the wings for his announcement? LOL....

Kamala Harris....Nah....she does not have the Savvy to make a big splash on the Stage like a Hillary.....it just wouldn't work.

Corey Booker....that would be interesting....he thinks he's the second coming of MLK and he has already shown an interest in bullying women. But he might make it all the way in a Primary against Biden....Unless an old sex victim steps out of the mist with a " ME TOO" holler.

Somebody said ... Gerry Brown???? Um....yeah right.

And I repeat....what's wrong with this guy? ( Julian Castro ) He is Bi-lingual, very intelligent, seems to drift toward the center instead of toward the wing and he delivers one hell of a speech. Has the look and the Charisma.....

If I was Pelosi, Schumer I would be banging on his door with cash in hand...this is a money candidate with National Potential. Are the Democrats Dumb? Stupid? Or just stuck in the " It's my turn " mode ?

I'd be surprised if the right-wing obsession with her family's oral history factored in. Obviously the right-wing dimwits are going to find a pre-fab scandal to apply to anyone who runs as a Democrat, so there's no reason to allow the existence of such nonsense to influence political decision-making. But Warren has other issues in being arguably the most liberal member of the Senate:

https://legacy.voteview.com/SENATE_SORT113.HTM

Although this is probably not going to be a popular read on the situation from my fellow lefties, the truth is that 2016 called into question the viability of a very lefty liberal. The chattering classes may have gotten very excited for Bernie Sanders (and so did I -- I voted for him), but he just wasn't competitive against Clinton. Clinton beat Sanders by over 12 points in the popular vote, and won vastly more delegates. And as wide as that gulf was, it would have been still wider if not for the peculiarities of the primary process, which allowed Sanders to perform well in caucuses, where a very small number of hard-core supporters can sway things.

When you look at 2016, it's just not that promising from the perspective of the political viability of a hard-left candidate. I'd love to say otherwise, since I'm closer to people like Warren and Sanders than people like Clinton. But I have to be honest. And I suspect Warren took a look at that and realized the best she could hope for is a Sanders-like gadfly role. Someone like Gillibrand, solidly in the center of the Democratic party, would likely trounce her in the primary the same way Clinton trounced Sanders.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
So how would you accomplish that arrest part? That seems pretty vague to me...so we send a few thousand marines into Yemen? Maybe a hundred Seal Team guys? Certainly not the FBI...right? Would you have volunteered for that mission?

Awlaki was the regional commander. How many fighters do you suppose Al Qaeda in Yemen had?

There are about 200 hundred Americans in combat on the side of ISIS. How do you suggest we arrest them?

Face it...if you were in charge Awlaki would have managed to blow up an airliner by now. Then you could just apologize to the families of a few hundred dead Americans and tell them to feel proud that you upheld the constitution....fool.
Uh oh. Middleview leveraged the terms "upheld" and "fool". Colorado borders on Nebraska. Just sayin'...perhaps there are fewer lunatics in this forum than we think. Maybe it's just a few nutcases with socks in tow.

justoffal

Senator
I'd be surprised if the right-wing obsession with her family's oral history factored in. Obviously the right-wing dimwits are going to find a pre-fab scandal to apply to anyone who runs as a Democrat, so there's no reason to allow the existence of such nonsense to influence political decision-making. But Warren has other issues in being arguably the most liberal member of the Senate:

https://legacy.voteview.com/SENATE_SORT113.HTM

Although this is probably not going to be a popular read on the situation from my fellow lefties, the truth is that 2016 called into question the viability of a very lefty liberal. The chattering classes may have gotten very excited for Bernie Sanders (and so did I -- I voted for him), but he just wasn't competitive against Clinton. Clinton beat Sanders by over 12 points in the popular vote, and won vastly more delegates. And as wide as that gulf was, it would have been still wider if not for the peculiarities of the primary process, which allowed Sanders to perform well in caucuses, where a very small number of hard-core supporters can sway things.

When you look at 2016, it's just not that promising from the perspective of the political viability of a hard-left candidate. I'd love to say otherwise, since I'm closer to people like Warren and Sanders than people like Clinton. But I have to be honest. And I suspect Warren took a look at that and realized the best she could hope for is a Sanders-like gadfly role. Someone like Gillibrand, solidly in the center of the Democratic party, would likely trounce her in the primary the same way Clinton trounced Sanders.
She could have avoided the pain with a little bit more savvy. You're right about her being too far left to make a run even some of the Democrats will shy away from her. What concerns me and I speak as a completely neutral citizen is that the really qualified ones are not the same ones that have been selected for the " it's my turn " segment of the party's support.

And so the corrupt process goes on and on offering one subpar candidate after another forcing the voter to hold his nose whilst pulling the lever.

Jo

Arkady

President
She could have avoided the pain with a little bit more savvy.
I don't believe so. Remember, absolutely every Democrat who emerged as a likely front-runner has been hit with a pre-fab scandal by the Republicans, going back decades. It doesn't matter how squeaky clean they are, the Republicans will very quickly talk the conservative base into thinking they're the anti-Christ, even if it requires obsessing over utter trivia like some possibly apocryphal family history, or minutia like how the person set up their email in an old job. It doesn't matter if the candidate is an honest-to-goodness war hero, with a Bronze Star, a Silver Star, and three Purple Hearts. If he looks like he's standing between the GOP and the Oval Office they think they're entitled to, they'll generate a scandal around it. Warren was going to be swift-boated regardless of how savvy she was, because they're ALL swift boated, and the conservative base's IQ is just too damned low for them to realize they're being played.

What concerns me and I speak as a completely neutral citizen is that the really qualified ones are not the same ones that have been selected for the " it's my turn " segment of the party's support.
That's an odd point to make after the 2016 election, when the "it's my turn" candidate was arguably the most qualified candidate for the office in decades, having served as both a Senator and a highly successful Secretary of State. Warren, obviously, would be less qualified than that.... and also wouldn't be much of a "it's my turn" candidate, since she still hasn't finished a single term as senator. She'd be more like a Barack Obama, in having risen extremely fast due to appeal to the party's base. That worked out well with Obama, since he wiped the floor with the Republican twice, but he wasn't nearly as far left as Warren, so I expect she'd have more trouble.

I don't believe so. Remember, absolutely every Democrat who emerged as a likely front-runner has been hit with a pre-fab scandal by the Republicans, going back decades. It doesn't matter how squeaky clean they are, the Republicans will very quickly talk the conservative base into thinking they're the anti-Christ, even if it requires obsessing over utter trivia like some possibly apocryphal family history, or minutia like how the person set up their email in an old job. It doesn't matter if the candidate is an honest-to-goodness war hero, with a Bronze Star, a Silver Star, and three Purple Hearts. If he looks like he's standing between the GOP and the Oval Office they think they're entitled to, they'll generate a scandal around it. Warren was going to be swift-boated regardless of how savvy she was, because they're ALL swift boated, and the conservative base's IQ is just too damned low for them to realize they're being played.

That's an odd point to make after the 2016 election, when the "it's my turn" candidate was arguably the most qualified candidate for the office in decades, having served as both a Senator and a highly successful Secretary of State. Warren, obviously, would be less qualified than that.... and also wouldn't be much of a "it's my turn" candidate, since she still hasn't finished a single term as senator. She'd be more like a Barack Obama, in having risen extremely fast due to appeal to the party's base. That worked out well with Obama, since he wiped the floor with the Republican twice, but he wasn't nearly as far left as Warren, so I expect she'd have more trouble.
Hillary's running again in 2020, right?

justoffal

Senator

She should have taken a lesson from the
"Pow-wow-chow".... fiasco. I believe arrogance was her downfall.... It was a BS story from the get go. It's a shame really because I actually think she has much to offer.

"It's my turn " is why the Dems lost in 2016.... Had they gone with a Julian Castro for instance it would have been a landslide the other way....IMO... But he didn't qualify for the imperious order of Ascension. Hillary may have been qualified on paper but I think she is hopelessly unskilled frankly.

Jo

Last edited: