• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

OK, I miss Obama

Fins

Fray Terror
with this 4% unemployment rate, I can’t find anyone to fill openings so I can keep up with all the projects I have going on. I swear, the work is coming in faster than I can keep up

RickWA

Snagglesooth
with this 4% unemployment rate, I can’t find anyone to fill openings so I can keep up with all the projects I have going on. I swear, the work is coming in faster than I can keep up
You just need to recruit all these PoliticalJack shut-ins who are on this forum all day every day.

Sure, you'll need to cajole them to exit their basements and/or sanitarium perches. And there may be some issues with dementia, derangement, and ability to distinguish reality...but that's why we have PPE...hardhats, reflective vests, etc.

C'mon...take a dip in the shallow end of the gene pool. Don't be a hater.

sear

Mayor

“... Reince Priebus, the Republican National Chairman today said that 300K jobs ... aught to be expected every month ... and just a historical perspective:

- during the 8 years of President Bush (younger) there were 2.1 million net jobs created in the United States. Of the 2.1 million, 1.8 million of them were in the public sector ... that means there were 300,000 jobs in the private sector in 8 months, in 8 years rather, net ...

more jobs have been created in the United States in the last 4 years than in Europe, Japan, all the industrialized modern world combined. ...

70 years since WWII. 36 years of Republican presidents, 34 years of Democratic presidents. In those 70 years, there were 36.7 million jobs created under Republican presidents ... a little over half the time. In 34 years there were 63.7 million created by Democrats. That's 29 million more. You know, perhaps it's an accident once, or twice or what. But I mean at some point the Democrats ought to be comfort in the fact that they have been better the economy and job creation than have been the opposition.
It's 15 years since we've had 10 consecutive months of over 200,000 [job growth]. Just 15 years ago there was a fella from Arkansas ... there were more jobs created in Bill Clinton's 8 years than there were in Ronald Reagan's 8 years, and the 12 years of both Bush's combined. I mean 6 million more jobs created in those 8 years, ... policy does kick in, & is reflected in the results.” Mark Shields

President Obama nearly cut the unemployment rate in half.
I doubt President Trump will do that.

Fins

Fray Terror
“... Reince Priebus, the Republican National Chairman today said that 300K jobs ... aught to be expected every month ... and just a historical perspective:

- during the 8 years of President Bush (younger) there were 2.1 million net jobs created in the United States. Of the 2.1 million, 1.8 million of them were in the public sector ... that means there were 300,000 jobs in the private sector in 8 months, in 8 years rather, net ...

more jobs have been created in the United States in the last 4 years than in Europe, Japan, all the industrialized modern world combined. ...

70 years since WWII. 36 years of Republican presidents, 34 years of Democratic presidents. In those 70 years, there were 36.7 million jobs created under Republican presidents ... a little over half the time. In 34 years there were 63.7 million created by Democrats. That's 29 million more. You know, perhaps it's an accident once, or twice or what. But I mean at some point the Democrats ought to be comfort in the fact that they have been better the economy and job creation than have been the opposition.
It's 15 years since we've had 10 consecutive months of over 200,000 [job growth]. Just 15 years ago there was a fella from Arkansas ... there were more jobs created in Bill Clinton's 8 years than there were in Ronald Reagan's 8 years, and the 12 years of both Bush's combined. I mean 6 million more jobs created in those 8 years, ... policy does kick in, & is reflected in the results.” Mark Shields

You’re right, trump can’t do that because you can’t get any lower than a 4% unemployment

Fins

Fray Terror
You just need to recruit all these PoliticalJack shut-ins who are on this forum all day every day.

Sure, you'll need to cajole them to exit their basements and/or sanitarium perches. And there may be some issues with dementia, derangement, and ability to distinguish reality...but that's why we have PPE...hardhats, reflective vests, etc.

C'mon...take a dip in the shallow end of the gene pool. Don't be a hater.
If you can get one to apply, they want to interview via text message

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

I am guessing you have no real links to prove what you said.
this misnomer is that the President creates jobs. Corporations create jobs and nobody in the political world stifles job creation like Democrats and their taxation. Obama lost millions of jobs and cut that loss in half. Since 2007 until Trump the house and senate or Presidency was control by Democrats.

2008[edit]
  • September 2008 – 433,000 jobs lost

• November 2008 – 803,000 jobs lost
  • December 2008 – 661,000 jobs lost[2]
2009[edit]
  • January 2009 – 818,000 jobs lost
  • February 2009 – 724,000 jobs lost
  • March 2009 – 799,000 jobs lost
  • April 2009 – 692,000 jobs lost
  • May 2009 – 361,000 jobs lost
  • June 2009 – 482,000 jobs lost
  • July 2009 – 339,000 jobs lost
  • August 2009 – 222,000 jobs lost
  • September 2009 – 199,000 jobs lost
  • October 2009 – 202,000 jobs lost[3]
  • November 2009 - 64,000 jobs created[4]
  • December 2009 - 109,000 jobs lost[4]
2010[edit]
  • January 2010 - 40,000 jobs lost[5]
  • February 2010 - 35,000 jobs lost
  • March 2010 - 189,000 jobs created
  • April 2010 - 239,000 jobs created
  • May 2010 - 516,000 jobs created
  • June 2010 - 167,000 jobs lost
  • July 2010 - 58,000 jobs lost (143,000 Federal Census jobs lost) [6]
  • August 2010 - 51,000 jobs lost
  • September 2010 - 27,000 jobs lost
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_losses_caused_by_the_Great_Recession

When Democrats are in control of congress, like here we see job losses.

Notice how The Obama,Bush and Clinton ERA the last three Presidents the only time employments rates were low was when Republicans controlled the House and Senate. Jobs went up under Bush 41 with democratic controlled Congress and when Republicans gained control of the Senate the unemployment rate went down.

You should do actual work before you post.

Jen

Senator
If you miss Obama that much, just get a Netflix account. You'll have plenty of Obama wisdom coming at you in every subject. :eek::confused::(:mad:

sear

Mayor
"I am guessing you have no real links to prove what you said." Dc #6
a) I didn't say it. I quoted Mark Shields who said it on the PBS NewsHour.

b) I may have posted some or all of that quotation a dozen times or more. No one has ever refuted it.
"this misnomer is that the President creates jobs." Dc #6
c) While congress, our legislative branch of government makes laws, our executive branch, our president does have some rudimentary control over some policy.

Here's an early example from Trump (before inauguration):

- Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK) commenting on President Elect Trump's (R-NY) crony capitalism "victory" with Carrier in Indiana, saving perhaps fewer than 1,000 jobs from going to Mexico, but with tax give-backs of a reported $7 $million

http://www.youngcons.com/sarah-palin...ny-capitalism/

Dc #6 adds:

"Corporations create jobs and" Dc #6

They do.
But iirc most employment in the U.S. is allied to small business, and entrepreneurs.

"nobody in the political world stifles job creation like Democrats and their taxation." Dc #6

d) You disagree with Shields. That's fine. Your quarrel is with him, not me.

But as far as fiscal conservatism is concerned, I agree. Democrats do have the substantially superior history of fiscal conservatism. That's painfully obvious to us conservatives. For example:

"What's pernicious about deficits for conservatives is this. It makes big government cheap. What we're doing, we're turning to the country, the "conservative" administration turns to the country and says: We're going to give you a dollar's worth of government, we're going to charge you seventy five cents for it. And we're going to let your kids pay the other quarter." George Will Nov 30, 2003

Thank you Dc #6 for helping defend the Democrat's noble conservative record of more responsible governance.

"Obama lost millions of jobs and cut that loss in half." Dc #6

I don't have the stats at hand, but iirc in the final month of the Bush / Cheney / Paulson administration the U.S. was losing ~800K private sector jobs per month.
I'm not denying their $700 $Billion $TARP scheme that did NOT rescue the U.S. economy. The Bush administration $700 $Billion $TARP simply kept the U.S. economy afloat until they could get out of town.

President Obama (D-IL) quickly turned that around.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Trucking companies can't find drivers either...........$80,000 yearly and no takers..........

check your BBQ post in General found you the master brisket deal

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Not everyone wants to take up basket weaving. Maybe you should see if some of the residents you were in the nut house with want to help you.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Not everyone wants to take up basket weaving. Maybe you should see if some of the residents you were in the nut house with want to help you.
Trolling for Fins attention..............priceless
How many baskets have you weaved :)

Fast Eddy

Mayor
I have a construction company and business is 4x since Trump came aboard. I have raised salaries to keep and get good people. I am very happy to pay the higher wages with the new work flow.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
You're leaving your basket weaving job?
Yes...I can put in a good word for you. You can set up your weaving next to your computer so you can keep your Mod job here. You'd still have time to put in a good word for Trump now and then and take care of Leilani's many Reports.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Your contractors are relying on your 'cometments" to fulfill contracts? Maybe you should tell them what cometments means. I didn't know there was such a word.

Family isn't supposed to be talked about here, but I see you're in good with Mod @PhilFish who ignores your BS, so you seem to be able to say what you want. Bolding your font here doesn't make you any smarter...you should be able to understand that if you see/read any of Dawg's posts. He probably appreciates you copying yourself after him while still trying to copy after SB. You should have MP64 teach you how to report every tiny thing said to her so your new friend can edit it...part of the duties of being her lap dog.
Actually, didn't see it but deleted now. What next?