• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

OK legislature passes bill banning abortions

D

Deleted member 21794

Sheez what a bunch of clowns. What a waste of time.

D

Deleted member 21794

That's all the GOP does - waste time.

From 60+ votes to repeal the ACA, to passing obviously unconstitutional laws. They view legislatures as political playtoys.
Yes thankfully Democrats are different and never waste time. :rolleyes:

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yes thankfully Democrats are different and never waste time. :rolleyes:
Of course they're different. Dems like government. And they like to govern - legislate to improve peoples' lives. The GOP hates the government. They think it is the problem. They have very little interest in actually legislating to make law - they prefer show votes.

The parties have vastly different approaches.

D

Deleted member 21794

Of course they're different. Dems like government. And they like to govern - legislate to improve peoples' lives. The GOP hates the government. They think it is the problem. They have very little interest in actually legislating to make law - they prefer show votes.

The parties have vastly different approaches.
Oh yes, Republicrats LOVE to govern. The problem is: THEY SUCK AT IT. Hey, you enjoying that $2,500 per year you're saving on health care- speaking of improving people's lives?

UPNYA2

Mayor
Except to protect the life of the mother.

Sure, the SCOTUS has directly ruled that this violates the Constitution, but some people have no respect for the rule of law.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/19/politics/oklahoma-abortion-criminalization/index.html
The sheer gall of some folks...................

Hey, buggy, you reckon anyone else ever passed a law concerning something the SCOTUS had previously ruled violated the Constitution before this, or is this a "first" in history?

If , wonder what those laws might have said? Or are you of the opinion every law the SC ever ruled on remained a law forever? If not, what do you feel about those who brought about the changes?

You of the opinion all of THOSE people also had no respect for the rule of law? Or, as I suspect, is this merely one more in a never ending list of feeble-assed, at BEST, attempts to try to portray your tainted views and opinions as something of actual value to someone other than yourself?

(Epic fail by the way...........................EPIC. Even for YOU.)

Bugsy McGurk

President
Oh yes, Republicrats LOVE to govern. The problem is: THEY SUCK AT IT. Hey, you enjoying that $2,500 per year you're saving on health care- speaking of improving people's lives?

More daffiness, but at least you're off that claim that both parties are the same as to the topic.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The sheer gall of some folks...................

Hey, buggy, you reckon anyone else ever passed a law concerning something the SCOTUS had previously ruled violated the Constitution before this, or is this a "first" in history?

If , wonder what those laws might have said? Or are you of the opinion every law the SC ever ruled on remained a law forever? If not, what do you feel about those who brought about the changes?

You of the opinion all of THOSE people also had no respect for the rule of law? Or, as I suspect, is this merely one more in a never ending list of feeble-assed, at BEST, attempts to try to portray your tainted views and opinions as something of actual value to someone other than yourself?

(Epic fail by the way...........................EPIC. Even for YOU.)
Translation: We wingers have contempt for the rule of law. So what?

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
SCOTUS isn't supposed to make law. It's supposed to adjudicate matters of federal law. Congress is supposed to make law, as are state legislatures. 3 co-equal branches, separation of powers, limited federal government, all that stuff. You remember, it used to be the way things were.

There's no federal law that makes abortion legal nationwide. The OK legislature has the rightful authority to make law for OK. If some party wants to bring suit in federal court over a state law, that's their right.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
if you want to repeal (or guarantee) abortions, please use the consititional amendment process, people
There's nothing in the constitution about abortions to repeal.
Applause for the way you think: If you want the constitution to say something it doesn't or to not say something it does, use the amendment process. [CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP]

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
SCOTUS isn't supposed to make law. It's supposed to adjudicate matters of federal law. Congress is supposed to make law, as are state legislatures. 3 co-equal branches, separation of powers, limited federal government, all that stuff. You remember, it used to be the way things were.

There's no federal law that makes abortion legal nationwide. The OK legislature has the rightful authority to make law for OK. If some party wants to bring suit in federal court over a state law, that's their right.
no, it doesn't.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
D

Deleted member 21794

maybe this is a tactic to soften up those evangelicals and real family values republicans, tossing them this crumb, so they'll forget how repulsive, vile and unqualified Trump is and vote for him.
Translation: Add me to the list of liberals obsessed with Donald Trump.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
^???^
What doesn't what?
? The OK legislature doesn't have the rightful authority to make law for OK ?
it can make all the laws it wants, but this one will be overturned by SCOTUS.

I wish you cons understood the Constitution.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
it can make all the laws it wants, but this one will be overturned by SCOTUS.
Maybe.

I wish you cons understood the Constitution.
The easy counter-punch being "I wish you libs cared about the constitution."
But I'm not a conservative. And my posts demonstrate understanding of the constitution. Including the principles of separation of powers and limited federal power.
So your post displays lack of understanding my posts. And exposes an agenda. And a willingness to use the courts to circumvent elected legislators and/or undermine the constitution in order to advance that agenda.