• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ok, we're done. All companies who import parts for their merchandise from China

Barbella

Senator
will shortly be forced to close their doors because of Trump's tariffs. Okey dokey. I'll wait for Armageddon to arrive where TV's and other electronics will not be available in this country not ever again.

That's the only conclusion I can arrive at when I'm told that one television manufacturer, who apparently (according to reviews) is selling an inferior product and sports lousy customer service, is forced to "close it's doors (or not) because of Trump's tariffs.

Get a grip, people.

https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/sc-plant-closing-due-to-trump-tariffs.112555/#post-2187133

will shortly be forced to close their doors because of Trump's tariffs. Okey dokey. I'll wait for Armageddon to arrive where TV's and other electronics will not be available in this country not ever again.

That's the only conclusion I can arrive at when I'm told that one television manufacturer, who apparently (according to reviews) is selling an inferior product and sports lousy customer service, is forced to "close it's doors (or not) because of Trump's tariffs.

Get a grip, people.

https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/sc-plant-closing-due-to-trump-tariffs.112555/#post-2187133
I hope you love inflation. The purchasing power of your paycheck is going to evaporate with the dumbass trade war going on.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Get a grip, people.

Not all companies. Trump will make sure he and his clan/toadies can continue to cash in on their imported products.

Either that or Trump will dispense corporate welfare to his favored companies.

Barbella

Senator
Not all companies. Trump will make sure he and his clan/toadies can continue to cash in on their imported products.

Either that or Trump will dispense corporate welfare to his favored companies.
Easy way to prevent that: Don't buy imported junk. Help America and Americans. There's NOTHING this country can't do if only we'd all work together, instead of fighting each other.

justoffal

Senator

Get a grip, people.

The hilarious part about all of this is that those parts are available from the United States but they don't want to pay for them because the people here on this continent make a living wage as opposed to the slave laborers in China who often times will commit suicide on the job due to poor working conditions.

But this is the party of the people right?

Jo

justoffal

Senator
It will cause the next GOP recession.

Which Trump and his sycophants will dutifully blame on someone else.
We will most certainly have a recession.
It won't be Trump that causes it though.

Go back to school take economics 101..
And read up on the Federal Reserve banking system.

Jo

Barbella

Senator
The hilarious part about all of this is that those parts are available from the United States but they don't want to pay for them because the people here on this continent make a living wage as opposed to the slave laborers in China who often times will commit suicide on the job due to poor working conditions.

But this is the party of the people right?

Jo
The other hilarious part about all of this is that leftists screech and scream because Trump is "scrapping regulations", but they don't give a damn about regulations in China where they are nonexistent, as well as a distinct lack of concern for the climate.

Once again, they want to have it both ways....

justoffal

Senator
Well, having to undo what had been left unaddressed to date may well...

Yep the Chinese especially will make sure that the road from here to there is paved with a million tons of negativity and every ounce of monetary pressure they can put on it to reverse it.

Let's Make a Deal instead of tariffs let all these Chinese companies be subject to United States labor regulations, Environmental Protection Agency laws and International intellectual property theft regulations.

when someone has had their hand in your pocket for 30 years they're going to bitch like hell when you tell him to take it out.

Jo

Bugsy McGurk

President
Easy way to prevent that: Don't buy imported junk. Help America and Americans. There's NOTHING this country can't do if only we'd all work together, instead of fighting each other.
I do, whenever possible. But it doesn’t help when Trump takes actions that put American companies out of business.

Bugsy McGurk

President
We will most certainly have a recession.
It won't be Trump that causes it though.

Go back to school take economics 101..
And read up on the Federal Reserve banking system.

Jo
Jeez, you guys can’t even wait for the Trump recession before holding him blameless.

;-)

Barbella

Senator
I do, whenever possible. But it doesn’t help when Trump takes actions that put American companies out of business.
Don't be silly. If and when America returns to manufacturing its own products to sell to Americans, American businesses will be booming.

That's how it works, see? We start to make our own shit again, we will need businesses and manufacturing plants to do so, then those businesses will need executives, accountants, advertising people, and all kinds of workers to run it.

Increased production = increased employment = increased GDP = decreased national debt = decreased trade imbalance = decreased unemployment...

Good times!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Don't be silly. If and when America returns to manufacturing its own products to sell to Americans, American businesses will be booming.

That's how it works, see? We start to make our own shit again, we will need businesses and manufacturing plants to do so, then those businesses will need executives, accountants, advertising people, and all kinds of workers to run it.

Increased production = increased employment = increased GDP = decreased national debt = decreased trade imbalance = decreased unemployment...

Good times!
Nonsense. When American companies can make products here that can compete price wise with products produced abroad, they do it. They make products abroad because they can then sell them here cheaper. The “best case” if that ends is higher prices for things sold in America. Good for corporate America, perhaps, but terrible for consumers. It has recession written all over it.

EatTheRich

President
As long as we approach things from the perspective of what’s best for Americans, and not what’s best for the international working class, the ruling class will put us against each other and take advantage of us.

EatTheRich

President
The other hilarious part about all of this is that leftists screech and scream because Trump is "scrapping regulations", but they don't give a damn about regulations in China where they are nonexistent, as well as a distinct lack of concern for the climate.

Once again, they want to have it both ways....
China has many elements of a planned economy (despite growing capitalism) and is using that planned economy to drastically cut emissions.