• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

OK whose got the nerve to show a real picture of yourself?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Bd...…...the farm we just finished harvest, I'd always wondered why there was this old falling down building in the middle of it and found out this week it was a Civil War hospital where they brought troops with Smallpox...……..South & North...…...
Post a picture of it.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Not bad old man but as usual, I was higher...as Stevie sang..Im too high, I'm too high, I might touch the sky.
Probably, I don't know how high Kilimanjaro is. I hiked up to just below the timber line, with my daughter. We spent the night on the mountain. It was August but colder than a whore's heart at that level. We survived (I was relatively young then).
We had Noah with us...a big black furry dog that looked like a Newfoundland. Daughter was 9 years old so I let her have the dog in her sleeping bag.

Probably, I don't know how high Kilimanjaro is. I hiked up to just below the timber line, with my daughter. We spent the night on the mountain. It was August but colder than a whore's heart at that level. We survived (I was relatively young then).
We had Noah with us...a big black furry dog that looked like a Newfoundland. Daughter was 9 years old so I let her have the dog in her sleeping bag.
Hey, anytime you hike above 10k its a big deal. Pikes is a tough hike, no doubt. Kilimanjaro is 19k and change. Nothing like being on top of a high mountain, the feeling is indescribable.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Hey, anytime you hike above 10k its a big deal. Pikes is a tough hike, no doubt. Kilimanjaro is 19k and change. Nothing like being on top of a high mountain, the feeling is indescribable.
You're right, Pal, there is nothing quite like it. I was young then and adventurous. The cold alone would probably kill me now.
About three years ago, or so, my wife and I took the Cog up to the peak. It had been many years since we'd driven to the top. I plan another driving trip through Colorado this summer to maybe visit the Western Slope, where I haven't spent much time. That will probably be my last Hurrah with Colorado.
I am a native Texan and don't ever plan to leave on a permanent basis again. But Colorado is still the second home of my heart.