• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Old boy sees off robbers

A numpty...or numptie is an idiot.

Used in a sentence...

That numpty is incapable of using Google to look up a word...
Thanks, this numpty doesn't use Google because eveytime he does Google replaces it home page with mine.

Forward with the Panhandler-in-Chief

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Thanks, this numpty doesn't use Google because eveytime he does Google replaces it home page with mine.

There are other search engines then. I use Google...and it has never once replaced my home page. Perhaps you should look into that issue.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Numptie just doesn't carry the same insult value as f**khead or numbnut. Americans just seem to have better communication skills than do the more civilized Europeans.
You are of the Gallagher school. Insult, like wit, is best served by brevity and nuance. You use a sledgehammer.

Wulk

Mayor
I'm going by memory of the initial report of the incident, which has, obviously, been amended in later reports. I had no intention of expanding the incident.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I'm going by memory of the initial report of the incident, which has, obviously, been amended in later reports. I had no intention of expanding the incident.
I was curious about it, since you brought it up. So...searching I went.

It's an interesting aspect of the way we remember events and the importance we assign to them. Yes...Simon was detained, but not as you remember. And the case just hangs there after the initial consideration. This goes to media as they push the arrest...sensationalist and all that...but downplay the very soon thereafter release.

Wulk

Mayor
I only had the original, sensationalised, report to go on - I never read any follow ups on it. Thanks for taking the effort to clarify the situation.

There are other search engines then. I use Google...and it has never once replaced my home page. Perhaps you should look into that issue.
No, I just stay away from it. Like I don't address certain people on this thread.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
You are of the Gallagher school. Insult, like wit, is best served by brevity and nuance. You use a sledgehammer.
I remember seeing movies from the old days in which politicians would say another politician's statement was Poppycock, or some similar benign put-down or say he was DAFT. Those just carry no weight for me. Politicians are f**king nuts and the speak bullshit.