• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Olsteen's 'church' robbed of $600,000.00....

fairsheet

Senator
I'm surprised they even noticed that such a pissant amount (for them) was even missing. On a sidenote, this story makes a mockery of whatever laws we have against money laundering.

Hard to believe people waste their money like this...imagine if all that dough was put to some good use instead of lining this guy's pockets.

Caroljo

Senator
Olsteen is a scammer....he's one of those "false prophets" the Bible tells us about, and he's suckered in many "new age" people. It's people like him that make a bad name for the honest preachers.

crowfoot

Mayor
Olsteen is a scammer....he's one of those "false prophets" the Bible tells us about, and he's suckered in many "new age" people. It's people like him that make a bad name for the honest preachers.
what exactly does he claim that mainstrean christians dont?

Caroljo

Senator
what exactly does he claim that mainstrean christians dont?
A church that actually teaches and talks about the entire Bible is a true teacher. Olsteen is the type that is all "feel good". I've never heard him preach about anything other than the love of Jesus, which is great and it's an important part....but being a Christian is not all chocolate and roses, and people need to learn how to handle themselves in different situations. There's much more to teaching the Bible than picking just the nice things out of it.

I have a co-worker that has gone to her church for years and years. One day I brought up the book of Revelation, and she had NO idea what I was talking about! She'd never even heard of it! I don't understand how someone can say they've been a Christian for so many years and they know absolutely nothing. People like Olsteen want their congregation to always feel happy and if they make them happy, those people are bound to donate more because they love him so much. THAT is brainwashing.

crowfoot

Mayor
A church that actually teaches and talks about the entire Bible is a true teacher. Olsteen is the type that is all "feel good". I've never heard him preach about anything other than the love of Jesus, which is great and it's an important part....but being a Christian is not all chocolate and roses, and people need to learn how to handle themselves in different situations. There's much more to teaching the Bible than picking just the nice things out of it.

I have a co-worker that has gone to her church for years and years. One day I brought up the book of Revelation, and she had NO idea what I was talking about! She'd never even heard of it! I don't understand how someone can say they've been a Christian for so many years and they know absolutely nothing. People like Olsteen want their congregation to always feel happy and if they make them happy, those people are bound to donate more because they love him so much. THAT is brainwashing.
answer the question!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

is that your co workers chuches fault?

Caroljo

Senator
answer the question!
I did!....I never said he said he "claimed" anything different than other preachers, you're the one that said that. My answer to you was that he leaves out much of the Bible that is very important to teach. He is not teaching his people the entire word of God. And if you think I'm going to go into a long conversation with you about this creep, forget it. You're as bad as Gecko and I'm not going to waste my time.

Caroljo

Senator
is that your co workers chuches fault?
I think in a way it is, because a Church should be teaching the entire Bible, and if she's gone there for years and doesn't know about half the books, and has never heard of them, there's something wrong there. But I didn't say she was the brightest crayon in the box, and I doubt she's ever picked up the Bible on her own. But you'd be surprised how many people are out there like that....go to Church one day a week and all's fine.

crowfoot

Mayor
I think in a way it is, because a Church should be teaching the entire Bible, and if she's gone there for years and doesn't know about half the books, and has never heard of them, there's something wrong there. But I didn't say she was the brightest crayon in the box, and I doubt she's ever picked up the Bible on her own. But you'd be surprised how many people are out there like that....go to Church one day a week and all's fine.
if a student refuses to read the entire textbook, that aint the teachers fault

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

maybe she just picks it up..