• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

On "ignore" and being ignored

Jen

Senator
We have a tool here on PJ that allows us to ignore any poster that we find intolerable. It can be useful if used sparingly. It is not useful when used a lot. It is important that we learn to just skim over visible posts of those we don't wish to talk to. There seems to be quite a bit of mindless banter here, off and on, that if people were able to just cruise on by....... would tighten up the working of the board a lot.

Example:
There is only one person I have on permanent ignore. That person's (and I will use the pronoun "it" so that gender isn't revealed ) posts are always irrelevant to anything important. Nothing is missed if I don't see its posts. It has been on perma-ignore for quite a while and everything is smooth on my board.

There are several other posters (also "it") that I skim right on by. They have offended me in a personal way such that I don't want to have any interaction with them at all. None. Zip. This being ignored state isn't done lightly. There is a level of personal offense, a line that, once crossed......... cannot be undone without an apology (which I will not ask for nor expect to receive).

End Example.
As adults, we can actually make our own code of posting. If we want to have the nattering silly bickering (and some do) then - go for it. If not, then skim on by either with official "ignore" or choice ignore.

Full disclosure:
I rarely report people for calling me names. I don't care. I love a good call out and I find name-calling mostly funny.

But if someone puts out information about a friend of mine I will report it if I see it.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
We have a tool here on PJ that allows us to ignore any poster that we find intolerable. It can be useful if used sparingly. It is not useful when used a lot. It is important that we learn to just skim over visible posts of those we don't wish to talk to. There seems to be quite a bit of mindless banter here, off and on, that if people were able to just cruise on by....... would tighten up the working of the board a lot.

Example:
There is only one person I have on permanent ignore. That person's (and I will use the pronoun "it" so that gender isn't revealed ) posts are always irrelevant to anything important. Nothing is missed if I don't see its posts. It has been on perma-ignore for quite a while and everything is smooth on my board.

There are several other posters (also "it") that I skim right on by. They have offended me in a personal way such that I don't want to have any interaction with them at all. None. Zip. This being ignored state isn't done lightly. There is a level of personal offense, a line that, once crossed......... cannot be undone without an apology (which I will not ask for nor expect to receive).

End Example.
As adults, we can actually make our own code of posting. If we want to have the nattering silly bickering (and some do) then - go for it. If not, then skim on by either with official "ignore" or choice ignore.

Full disclosure:
I rarely report people for calling me names. I don't care. I love a good call out and I find name-calling mostly funny.

But if someone puts out information about a friend of mine I will report it if I see it.
Musings from an Ex Moderator. LMAO
Wake me when it's over.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Good lord, I've been a member of this site for a week and even I have noticed that you never have anything nice or constructive to add.
You know nothing then about the posters here, if you've only been here a week. I tend to ignore "new posters" posts, but just checked yours out after getting an alert that you summoned me. :) Until you are here longer and see why some post the way they (we) do to others, you shouldn't be passing judgment. It will make others notice that you are opinionated and nosey.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You know nothing then about the posters here, if you've only been here a week. I tend to ignore "new posters" posts, but just checked yours out after getting an alert that you summoned me. :) Until you are here longer and see why some post the way they (we) do to others, you shouldn't be passing judgment. It will make others notice that you are opinionated and nosey.
I know for a fact you don't ever have anything constructive to say.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You attacked me first, so why are you whining like a baby? Don't post to me. I'd relish that.
Here let me refresh your memory
@Puzzling Evidence posted
Good lord, I've been a member of this site for a week and even I have noticed that you never have anything nice or constructive to add.
You responded with
I, on the other hand, have been here almost as long as you and can agree with Mr. Puzzel.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk

Example:

End Example.

Full disclosure:

Should you ignore chuck Schumer or michael avenatti? Or should you pummel them with their own hate?