• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

One Life To Live

MaryAnne

Governor
just ended a 43 year run on ABC.And guess what? The guy I liked,who was killed by his twin Brother was not dead at all!

Victor Lord,Junior! lives on! :biggrin1: :heh: :biggrin1: :lol: :clap2:

Jen

Senator
I never watched that one...........but it's sad to see that genre of tv shows slowly coming to an end.

GordonGecko

President
That's Eric Braeden, right?

If so, us old timers remember him from when he was on "Rat Patrol!" (IN COLOR!)

also Dr. Hasslein and Dr. Forbin in Escape-Apes and Colosses.

MaryAnne

Governor
No, Eric is on Young and Restless.He just married his ex DIL,who is at least 50 years younger than him.
Trevor Saint John played Todd Manning for years after the first guy quit to be a big star.His soap ended last year so he decided to come back to OLTL. They kicked Trevor out after Todd supposedly killed him. Todd was held captive for 8 years,yeah Right!

But today Trevor showed up being held captive himself. This show was close to the top in ratings,yet they kept the others. Replaced it with a show that will help fat women to lose weight.Like I will watch that!

Oh,well,I still have my good books.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
just ended a 43 year run on ABC.And guess what? The guy I liked,who was killed by his twin Brother was not dead at all!

Victor Lord,Junior! lives on! :biggrin1: :heh: :biggrin1: :lol: :clap2:
At least the story line had an ending you approved of.. Bet there were millions of viewers cheering with you on that, MaryAnne !! : )

MaryAnne

Governor
At least the story line had an ending you approved of.. Bet there were millions of viewers cheering with you on that, MaryAnne !! : )
For a while they were going on Line Addy .But that did not pan out. There has been talk about Bravo. The only soap I really liked.

I will watch for Trevor on the night shows. He will turn up. Too good of an actor not to.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
My mother LOVED that show.

I remember in the summer, when I was a kid, coming home from working the tobacco fields to have a turkey pot pie for lunch...she'd be GLUED to that TV and her 'stories'.

LOL...good times.

MaryAnne

Governor
My mother LOVED that show.

I remember in the summer, when I was a kid, coming home from working the tobacco fields to have a turkey pot pie for lunch...she'd be GLUED to that TV and her 'stories'.

LOL...good times.
That is how most people began to watch. What is funny is that men liked it too. I asked one time on KFS the names of the Buchanan family.One man came right on and said,Father,Asa,Brothers Bo and Clint. Said he was talking to his FIL and the TV was just on:eek:)

Friday13

Governor
My mother and grandmother were addicted to "soaps". My dad and I abstained. After being forced to watch them as a kid (nothing else allowed at "soap" time), and never enjoying them, I never watched them as an adult. They were too forced and contrived for me. Same with the "prime time soaps".

I know they were popular, and sorry that those who enjoyed them will no longer be able to.