• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

One reason white cops aren't prosecuted for their blatant crimes against blacks

write on

Senator
is because the system thinks it will deter them from joining the force.

The Rodney King verdict is a prime example.

Last edited:

justoffal

Senator
is because the system thinks it will deter them from joining the force.

There is a lot of police misconduct and to be sure we have Over-armed the local constabulary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program

It is not owned 100% by whte cops who have to handle black criminals however. There are plenty of White cop on white people abuses, White cop on hispanic abuses.... it's just that those communities are not looking for race baiting leverage so you don' t really hear about it. Conversely Black cops rough up and shoot black kids.... Hispanic Cops rough up and shoot white kids..... Hispanic Cops rough up and shoot black kids....Black Cops rough up and shoot Hispanic kids......

I mean..... the whole idea of finding a single category that fits a narrative is just weak.

JO

write on

Senator
There is a lot of police misconduct and to be sure we have Over-armed the local constabulary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program

It is not owned 100% by whte cops who have to handle black criminals however. There are plenty of White cop on white people abuses, White cop on hispanic abuses.... it's just that those communities are not looking for race baiting leverage so you don' t really hear about it. Conversely Black cops rough up and shoot black kids.... Hispanic Cops rough up and shoot white kids..... Hispanic Cops rough up and shoot black kids....Black Cops rough up and shoot Hispanic kids......

I mean..... the whole idea of finding a single category that fits a narrative is just weak.

JO
I'll bet before you clicked on this post, you thought I was going to say 'racism' as the reason, didn't you?

I didn't say it was 'the' only reason. I said it was 'one' of the reasons.

I don't know if you notice that I edited in 'white' after I had already posted the thread. I shouldn't have and I won't go back and do it now. But the reason I did is I found this chart on the Ferguson police department in 2013 after I posted;

Note the disparity in the search rate of black v white. It's nearly double the rate of blacks than whites even though the 'contraband hit rate' is higher for whites than it is for blacks done by a predominately white police force.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I'll bet before you clicked on this post, you thought I was going to say 'racism' as the reason, didn't you?

I don't know if you notice that I edited in 'white' after I had already posted the thread. I shouldn't have and I won't go back and do it now. But the reason I did is I found this chart on the Ferguson police department in 2013 after I posted;

Note the disparity in the search rate of black v white. It's nearly double the rate of blacks than whites even though the 'contraband hit rate' is higher for whites than it is for blacks done by a predominately white police force.
I've seen multiple people who are willing to condemn the police officer before the facts are known post this information. And I have to ask, what does it prove? Let me tell you what it doesn't do:

1. It doesn't prove anything about the Brown case.

2. It doesn't excuse any of the violence, theft, and assault.

3. It only proves that the frustrations can be warranted, but should be dealt with by seeking change the effective way, by protesting city hall and becoming active in local government.

justoffal

Senator

It does look like targeting.....hard to deny it.
But I'll tell you that as the contraband rate stays higher for whites that the trend will slowly move in that direction.

Most Police departments are subject to results oriented adjustments....they don't care as much about black and white as they do green.
JO

Last edited:

write on

Senator
I've seen multiple people who are willing to condemn the police officer before the facts are known post this information. And I have to ask, what does it prove? Let me tell you what it doesn't do:

3. It only proves that the frustrations can be warranted, but should be dealt with by seeking change the effective way, by protesting city hall and becoming active in local government.
But there are facts known that people like you don't want to talk about or acknowledge.

Here ya go, fricus. Expand your mind a little, would you?

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2014/08/18/why-not-arrest-ferguson-police-officer-who-killed-michael-brown-to-help-restore-peace-to-the-community/

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
One reason white cops aren't prosecuted for their blatant crimes against blacks is because the system thinks it will deter them from joining the force.

interesting thought. I think it might be the broadening of what's accepted as "legit force" as opposed to "excessive force." same is happening with laws that make it easier for citizens to get away with killing each other. I'll put a good deal of blame on our gun industry culture which capitalizes on the historical racism of Americans and conservative paranoia.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
But there are facts known that people like you don't want to talk about or acknowledge.

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2014/08/18/why-not-arrest-ferguson-police-officer-who-killed-michael-brown-to-help-restore-peace-to-the-community/
Why not arrest the Police Officer?

If you're the type that think giving into the demands of the angry mob is a good thing, then by all means.

Me? I need proof of wrong-doing in order to call for an arrest. We don't know if the officer did anything wrong yet.

BTW, he's a police officer, he's not skipping town or going anywhere.

You're asking for breaking the law to appease the activist "masses" there. That's not a healthy thing to do in any situation IMO. If the masses want change, they should seek to change the laws, not intimidate the law enforcement to appease them and them only.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

they were protesting city hall.
activists were out there registering people to vote.
yet, stupid police smoke bombed them, tear gassed them and arrested or held journalists.
so much for their 1st amendment rights, eh?

write on

Senator
interesting thought. I think it might be the broadening of what's accepted as "legit force" as opposed to "excessive force." same is happening with laws that make it easier for citizens to get away with killing each other. I'll put a good deal of blame on our gun industry culture which capitalizes on the historical racism of Americans and conservative paranoia.
I appreciate you staying on topic, Julie. I can also see your point-especially with the militarization of cops. If they've go the toys, they're gonna play with them.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
yet, stupid police smoke bombed them, tear gassed them and arrested or held journalists.
Yes, I'm SURE it was merely a bunch of peaceful protesters, joined hands, and singing kum-by-yah that prompted the police to use gas.

Are you really going to pretend that the assualting of police officers with rocks and molotov cocktails didn't happen?

Are you really going to pretend that there was a no-fly zone established because helicopters were being shot at?

If you're going to step in and say what you did, you need to answer to that...

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Yes, I'm SURE it was merely a bunch of peaceful protesters, joined hands, and singing kum-by-yah that prompted the police to use gas.

Are you really going to pretend that the assualting of police officers with rocks and molotov cocktails didn't happen?

Are you really going to pretend that there was a no-fly zone established because helicopters were being shot at?

If you're going to step in and say what you did, you need to answer to that...
I see that you can't tell the difference between a person protesting and a looter. why's that?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Ferguson is 70% Black............my gawd you didn't put that in this race baiting thread

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
protesters were shooting protesters
shooting at cops
shooting at helicopters
you consider that peaceful

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I see that you can't tell the difference between a person protesting and a looter. why's that?
Actually, in Ferguson, there appeared to be:

1. Peaceful Protestors
2. Violent Protestors
3. Looters.

You ignored the Violent Protestors, which spoiled everything for the peaceful and were the reason for the gas.

Until you acknowledge the violence that caused the use of gas, we're not going to get anywhere.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Actually, in Ferguson, there appeared to be:

1. Peaceful Protestors
2. Violent Protestors
3. Looters.

You ignored the Violent Protestors, which spoiled everything for the peaceful and were the reason for the gas.

Until you acknowledge the violence that caused the use of gas, we're not going to get anywhere.
what's the difference between peaceful protestors and violent protestors.....and looters?
and what was the percentage of each?

gigi

Mayor

THe racial demographics show that there are nearly three times as many black people than there are white people in Ferguson. No doubt you'll agree that this has plenty to do with the reason for the numbers you posted.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
THe racial demographics show that there are nearly three times as many black people than there are white people in Ferguson. No doubt you'll agree that this has plenty to do with the reason for the numbers you posted.
being a lib, no it will not.......reverse the 70% and whites would have higher numbers than blacks.........
race baiters is all they are and probably NEVER been to HUD Projects.