• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Oops! Our "allies" in Syria just committed a war crime...

If the Russian plane violated Turkish airspace----which is still in dispute, so far as I can tell-----the Turks had every right to shoot it down. ESPECIALLY if it is true that they gave the plane no less than TEN warnings.

And yes, Turkey is a member of NATO, and thence a U.S. ally. We should stand with our allies, unless and until it is proven that Turkey was somehow wrong in shooting down this plane.

Lukey

Senator
If the Russian plane violated Turkish airspace----which is still in dispute, so far as I can tell-----the Turks had every right to shoot it down. ESPECIALLY if it is true that they gave the plane no less than TEN warnings.

And yes, Turkey is a member of NATO, and thence a U.S. ally. We should stand with our allies, unless and until it is proven that Turkey was somehow wrong in shooting down this plane.
Really? Even if it is clearly not the intention of Russia to attack Turkey? War monger...

Lukey

Senator

Elsewhere, the Turkish army released what it claims is a radar path analysis of the downed jet's flight path:

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 10.04.46 AM.png

At first blush it is not clear how the airspace violating jet could have received "10 warnings" in the several seconds it took to cross what the Turks claim was the offending Turkish territory, especially since the plane ultimately crashed in Syrian territory.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-24/turkish-f-16-shoots-down-russian-su-24-warplane-near-syria-border

Really? Even if it is clearly not the intention of Russia to attack Turkey? War monger...
So if Russian planes were flying over, say, Cape Cod, and the U.S. Air Force sent jets to intercept, and we gave the Russians TEN warnings that they were violating U.S. airspace, your next 'move' would be to invite the Russian pilots over for tea and crumpets, and maybe to play patty-cake?

You're funny, Lukey.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So if Russian planes were flying over, say, Cape Cod, and the U.S. Air Force sent jets to intercept, and we gave the Russians TEN warnings that they were violating U.S. airspace, your next 'move' would be to invite the Russian pilots over for tea and crumpets, and maybe to play patty-cake?

You're funny, Lukey.
It seems that they can't resist rooting for Putin.

;-)

connieb

Senator

I think the Turks were trigger happy. However, I heard this morning that it seems that ISIS does not control that section of Syria. So, why was the plane there? Who were the Turks really protecting because lets be honest, I don't think any of us really want a war with another country because a plan goes off course and accidently clips our airspace. There would have to pose a bigger threat some way... and they clearly weren't any material threat to Turkey.

Lukey

Senator

You're funny, Lukey.
I don't shoot first and ask questions later. And the "ten warnings" claim is rather suspect.

You're NOT funny LeRoy.

D

Deleted member 21794

You're funny, Lukey.
Who said anything about tea and crumpets? And who doesn't like tea and crumpets? Oh that's the point, my bad, never mind. ;)

It appears to me we need to do whatever we can to punish Russia for daring to fight terrorism: extend sanctions, shoot down a plane, maybe more planes- whatever it takes.
The Russians are pretty good at shooting down planes themselves, in case you just don't keep up with recent history. They seem to like shooting down civilian airliners, but then of course complain loudly whenever someone does that to THEM.

connieb

Senator
Elsewhere, the Turkish army released what it claims is a radar path analysis of the downed jet's flight path:

View attachment 28701

At first blush it is not clear how the airspace violating jet could have received "10 warnings" in the several seconds it took to cross what the Turks claim was the offending Turkish territory, especially since the plane ultimately crashed in Syrian territory.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-24/turkish-f-16-shoots-down-russian-su-24-warplane-near-syria-border
Yes, one would think the appropriate thing would be to give a warning, and then some time to comply. I kind of think its funny in an ironic sort of way that the lefties are arguing, it was all good for Turkey to shoot down a plane after giving 10 warnings in five minutes, which seems like a fairly insignificant amount of time when one is talkign about manuervering an aircraft. I mean you can't go - poof, and have it be gone. they have to bank, turn, go another way, and then still get out of your airspace. Your radar would have to be sensitive enough to be able to pick up that it hadn't turned around yet, which seems suspect to me., etc.

But, if a cop had shot a suspect after yelling to him 10 times in equally insiginficant amount of time, and the suspect hadn't complied and had done nothing more menacing.. they would be calling for murder charges on the cop.

Consider the plane went down in Syria, it seems reasonable to me, the Pilots were turning around and going back. To me that is similiar to shooting a fleeing suspect... which again, the left would be howling like banshees if that had happened.

I heard this morning that it seems that ISIS does not control that section of Syria. So, why was the plane there?
Because the Russians aren't really interested in fighting ISIS, that's why. They are there in Syria to fight the rebels who are trying to topple the evil tyrant Bashar al Assad.

I don't shoot first and ask questions later. And the "ten warnings" claim is rather suspect.
Of course, we should accuse our long-time ally, Turkey, of LYING. And we should INSTANTLY believe the tyrant, Vladimir Putin.

Are you a Putin admirer, Lukey? Want that kind of strong-arm ruler for America, do you?

D

Deleted member 21794

The Russians are pretty good at shooting down planes themselves, in case you just don't keep up with recent history. They seem to like shooting down civilian airliners, but then of course complain loudly whenever someone does that to THEM.
Subject change = you know you lost

connieb

Senator
Because the Russians aren't really interested in fighting ISIS, that's why. They are there in Syria to fight the rebels who are trying to topple the evil tyrant Bashar al Assad.
Yes, I know that. I think Russia should have to own up to that though if they are going to cry about it.

worldlymrb

Revenge
Kinda like how Obama is not really interested in fighting ISIS either, since ISIS was created by the CIA to destabilize Syria govt in Obama's Operation Regime Change 3.0. <link>