• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Oopsies! Can we have a 'do over' ?

write on

Senator
This would be hilarious if not for being so sad.

"One of the chief architects of the #Leave movement was Nigel Farage, a British politician and head of the UK Independence Party. Farage has long championed the so-called Brexit, and triumphantly spoke to supporters after the vote saying, “Dare to dream that the dawn is breaking on an independent United Kingdom.”

Hours later however, Farage sang a bit of a different tune.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/made-a-mistake-watch-british-pol-stunningly-admit-the-leave-promises-now-wont-happen/

And then you had this voter;

"A man known only as “Adam from Manchester” has become the laughingstock of Britain after admitting in an interview with the BBC that he only voted for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union because he thought there was no way the proposal would win."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pro-brexit-voter-on-bbc-horrified-to-discover-his-vote-actually-mattered/

C

Capitalist

This would be hilarious if not for being so sad.

"One of the chief architects of the #Leave movement was Nigel Farage, a British politician and head of the UK Independence Party. Farage has long championed the so-called Brexit, and triumphantly spoke to supporters after the vote saying, “Dare to dream that the dawn is breaking on an independent United Kingdom.”

Hours later however, Farage sang a bit of a different tune.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/made-a-mistake-watch-british-pol-stunningly-admit-the-leave-promises-now-wont-happen/

And then you had this voter;

"A man known only as “Adam from Manchester” has become the laughingstock of Britain after admitting in an interview with the BBC that he only voted for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union because he thought there was no way the proposal would win."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pro-brexit-voter-on-bbc-horrified-to-discover-his-vote-actually-mattered/
No press manipulation here. Nothing to see here. Nope. Move along please.

Lukey

Senator
If you like your health plan you can keep your health plan...

Barack Obama

We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it...

Nanci Pelosi

The ends justify the means. Regardless of where the 350 million pounds a week end up, the point is they will no longer go to support 40,000 untaxed six figure bureaucrats and their efforts to control the EU economy (which, by the way, has even less GDP growth than our anemic sub 2% rate).

Last edited:

write on

Senator
If you like your health plan you can keep your health plan...

Barack Obama

We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it...

Nanci Pelosi

The ends justify the means. Regardless of where the 350 million pounds a week end up, the point is they will no longer go to support 40,000 untaxed six figure bureaucrats and their efforts to control the EU economy (which, by the way, has even less GDP growth than our anemic sub 2% rate.
I can feel your desperation, but please stay on the topic of this thread.

Lukey

Senator
I can feel your desperation, but please stay on the topic of this thread.
Why would I be desperate? It's not MY dreams of a globalist progressive big government commune being dismantled. And that was on topic - politicians often make misleading (or ambiguous) claims to gain support for their plans. How does this NHS claim stack up against the mountains of fear mongering statements made by the defenders of the status quo? It's a drop in the bucket!

And despite your (idiotic) suggestion that the Brits were "duped" into voting for Brexit, the movement of other EU members to follow the Brits out the door continues. Which, of course, renders the piece you posted just another example of the media supporting the elites' propaganda.

write on

Senator
Why would I be desperate? It's not MY dreams of a globalist progressive big government commune being dismantled. And that was on topic - politicians often make misleading (or ambiguous) claims to gain support for their plans. How does this NHS claim stack up against the mountains of fear mongering statements made by the defenders of the status quo.

And despite your (idiotic) suggestion that the Brits were "duped" into voting for Brexit, the movement of other EU members to follow the Brits out the door continues. Which, of course, renders the piece you posted just another example of the media supporting the elites' propaganda.
All we hear from him and you right wingers here on PJ is what Farage said.... “Dare to dream that the dawn is breaking on an independent United Kingdom”.

But the entire precept is that the vote, which was close, could have easily went the other way if not for Farage and his lies.

Lukey

Senator
All we hear from him and you right wingers here on PJ is what Farage said.... “Dare to dream that the dawn is breaking on an independent United Kingdom”.

But the entire precept is that the vote, which was close, could have easily went the other way if not for Farage and his lies.
Hello! Did you even read your own link? Farage never said the money would be spent on the NHS - some OTHER Brexit proponents did.

And the fact remains that the money IS available to be spent on domestic needs - all he is doing is suggesting they will have to pass legislation to decide what to do with the savings.

C

Capitalist

See that's where your bullshit becomes apparent.

The manipulation is obvious when you consider the pool of information is tens of millions of Brits and surely you can find one dolt, one low information voter, one stooge who can lend support your prearranged opinion. You find that person or some other with a remotely similar opinion, cherry pick his response, write a newspaper story and voila! Instant headline!

"OHHHHH! We're so Phucked and We Didn't Even Know It!"

Lukey

Senator
I see that you couldn't explain it. All you're left with is "manipulation" of your buds to win online accolades. lol
I understand your sense of betrayal here - you progressives used to have the lying and manipulating tactics to get legislation passed all to yourselves. Now the small government guys are adopting your tactics ju jitsu style...

write on

Senator
Hello! Did you even read your own link? Farage never said the money would be spent on the NHS - some OTHER Brexit proponents did.

And the fact remains that the money IS available to be spent on domestic needs - all he is doing is suggesting they will have to pass legislation to decide what to do with the savings.
Did you read what I wrote where he lied by omission, which, if he had told the truth and how the vote could have easily went the other way - which, btw, you admitted by saying: "politicians often make misleading (or ambiguous) claims to gain support for their plans." ?

Now you want to change the rules of debate.

lol

Lukey

Senator
Did you read what I wrote where he lied by omission, which, if he had told the truth and how the vote could have easily went the other way - which, btw, you admitted by saying: "politicians often make misleading (or ambiguous) claims to gain support for their plans." ?

lol
You said he lied. He never made that claim. Are all the democrats responsible for Obama's lie about us being able to keep our health plans? No! Only he is.

write on

Senator
See that's where your bullshit becomes apparent.

The manipulation is obvious when you consider the pool of information is tens of millions of Brits and surely you can find one dolt, one low information voter, one stooge who can lend support your prearranged opinion. You find that person or some other with a remotely similar opinion, cherry pick his response, write a newspaper story and voila! Instant headline!

"OHHHHH! We're so Phucked and We Didn't Even Know It!"
I did find one. He's in my OP.

And that's just ONE-easily found.

C

Capitalist

lol
I'm sure I could find one person who actually believes David Icke's claim that the Bilderbergs are actually 10 ft tall space alien reptiles. You could interview that person, publish it and [GASP!]

The world really IS ruled by 10 ft tall space alien reptiles!!!

write on

Senator
You said he lied. He never made that claim. Are all the democrats responsible for Obama's lie about us being able to keep our health plans? No! Only he is.
Are you an idiot?

I said he lied by omission. Do you even know what that means? o_O