• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Options

The president has proposed a new solution to the fiscal cliff standoff. Some weeks ago I wrote a post and said that if these folks were deadlocked why not pass something they all already agreed on.
This new proposal is a good idea, it extends the tax cuts on those making $250,000.00 or less, it provides funding for those receiving unemployment checks who are looking for work, and it does a few other nice things. What it does not do is give the president his debt ceiling increase and it really does not address spending cuts.
It does not do everything, but at least it is a start in the right direction. I do not believe anyone wants to go over the cliff, it would be very bad for out nation. But sometimes it seems to me that these guys cannot even agree on when lunch time is going to be.
All of these folks in Washington need to realize just how important it is for them to reach some kind of compromise. All of us will feel the effects and our economy could go back into recession if nothing is done. We all come here and have had many heated debates. But one thing is clear, we all care about our country, we all want what is best. The only difference is that we may disagree on what we see as best. It is my sincere hope that both Democrats and Republicans can reach an agreement that helps our country and it's citizens. I hope for once they can put their personal political agendas aside and do what is right for our nation.

Z

zzigzzag

It will help if they let democracy work like the pendulum it was intended to be. The shift of half the country's wealth to the top 1/2% seems to have us stuck to the right....where corporations have personhood, money is speech and the poor deserve even less than they have. Only the dreaded "shift of wealth" will get us moving again as the thriving, interdependent ecosystem we once were.

Whether we're in that 1/2% or not, it's our patriotic duty and democratically determined instruction to step a bit to the left. You have to trust history to have faith in the future.

Bring our jobs back to America. Invest in education without reticence. We don't want to be the cheapest labor in the world producing the cheapest products. We don't want to compete with those miserable , poor souls who are. We want to be the best paid, producing the best quality. Believe it or not, there is still a market that will bear that version of capitalism.

jammer

Mayor
Why should they realize how important it is for them to reach a compromise? If we go over the cliff it won't be them that loses their jobs. It won't be them that will suffer the consequences of their lack of action. The working class Americans, as usual, will take it on the chin and have to suffer because these rich, fatass, bastards that are suppose to represent us are instead being bought and paid for by special interests that could care less about the average American. That goes for both sides of the aisle, neither party gives a damn about the people who sent them to DC, they just want to line their pockets with lobbyists money for as long as they can.

Z

zzigzzag

Yep. First and foremost, politicians become politicians to live the lifestyle of a politician.

Too many care about nothing else. Not exactly an overworked bunch. If you make the cut, leave any sense of shame at the door on your way out for another vacation.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
The president has proposed a new solution to the fiscal cliff standoff. Some weeks ago I wrote a post and said that if these folks were deadlocked why not pass something they all already agreed on.
This new proposal is a good idea, it extends the tax cuts on those making $250,000.00 or less, it provides funding for those receiving unemployment checks who are looking for work, and it does a few other nice things. What it does not do is give the president his debt ceiling increase and it really does not address spending cuts.
It does not do everything, but at least it is a start in the right direction. I do not believe anyone wants to go over the cliff, it would be very bad for out nation. But sometimes it seems to me that these guys cannot even agree on when lunch time is going to be.
All of these folks in Washington need to realize just how important it is for them to reach some kind of compromise. All of us will feel the effects and our economy could go back into recession if nothing is done. We all come here and have had many heated debates. But one thing is clear, we all care about our country, we all want what is best. The only difference is that we may disagree on what we see as best. It is my sincere hope that both Democrats and Republicans can reach an agreement that helps our country and it's citizens. I hope for once they can put their personal political agendas aside and do what is right for our nation.
I'd rather go over the cliff. That's the only way we can cut the military/industrial complex, raise revenue, and pay down our debt.

It's time to ante-up for the disaster that was Bush.