• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

NightSwimmer

Senator
69-year experiment captures pitch-tar drop

ai.i.cbsi.com_cnwk.1d_i_tim2_2013_07_18_Pitch.jpg

Since 1944, physicists at Trinity College in Dublin have been trying to measure the viscosity of pitch tar, a polymer seemingly solid at room temperature, and witness it dripping from a funnel.

A drop forms only rarely, but last week a Webcam was on hand to witness the magic moment.

"The viscosity of pitch-tar is calculated to be 230 billion times that of water or 230,000 times the viscosity of honey," the college's School of Physics says on the experiment page.

"Nobody has ever witnessed a drop fall in such an experiment -- they happen roughly only once in a decade!"

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
69-year experiment captures pitch-tar drop

ai.i.cbsi.com_cnwk.1d_i_tim2_2013_07_18_Pitch.jpg

Since 1944, physicists at Trinity College in Dublin have been trying to measure the viscosity of pitch tar, a polymer seemingly solid at room temperature, and witness it dripping from a funnel.

A drop forms only rarely, but last week a Webcam was on hand to witness the magic moment.

"The viscosity of pitch-tar is calculated to be 230 billion times that of water or 230,000 times the viscosity of honey," the college's School of Physics says on the experiment page.

"Nobody has ever witnessed a drop fall in such an experiment -- they happen roughly only once in a decade!"
That even beats ketchup.