• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Peyton Manning: Not Dead Yet

Mr. Friscus

Governor

So much NFL media throughout the offseason speculated the Peyton Manning was done as far as being an effective NFL quarterback. "His arm is weak", "He'll get injured if you even touch him" were some common claims amongst not only journalists but your common NFL fan.

Then the NFL season started, and while it was just 1 football game, the speculation flourished even more after a win over Baltimore in the season opener. Manning missed several targets, didn't throw even one TD pass, and "looked old". The facts were the facts, and as a Manning fan myself, I wasn't looking to try to defend his performance in the game. However, two things struck me. For starters, some games are just low-scoring affairs, and this was, for whatever reason, a slow, low-scoring game. They happen. And second, it's one game.

Which brings us to last night, Broncos vs. Chiefs, where Manning again started the game poorly. He was inaccurate on a few throws, and then was picked off and taken to the house. I visited and a few sports Media sites and sure enough, "decorated" online journalists were tweeting R.I.P. on Manning's career, saying how it's "sad" to watch what was once such a dominant player deteriorate right in front of your eyes.

Well, apparently Peyton Manning never got the memo, because after that interception, he threw 3 TD passes, including a brilliant 80 yard drive with under 2 minutes to play, hitting speedy Emmanual Sanders on a TD strike with only 36 seconds left in the game.

Naturally, none of the buzz media who hyped up Manning's error owned up to admitting any error of their own in the false predictions.

I'm an unapologetic Peyton Manning fan. He's 39 years old, has had 4 neck surgeries, and clearly doesn't have the physical arm strength he used to. However, he's still able to be entirely effective in this league, and if his overly-controlling, "slow it down and run" coach Gary Kubiak allows Manning to throw, I expect big things from Peyton this year.

What do you guys think... is Manning done?

Last edited: